• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Under Poch we had some brief respite from our top players constantly being linked with or unsettled by bigger clubs. Whilst our wages didn’t compare, most were guaranteed first team football, liked the manager and the style of play and we had regular CL, which may have boosted the wages to competitive levels. Eriksen left of his own accord and I’m still surprised no-one at least triggered the Toby clause for 25m given the shortage of reliable prem experienced centre backs. Even the Walker sale felt more like we were cashing in on someone who wasn’t necessarily going to be first choice.
If we continue to drift over the course of next season I think we may have more vultures circling and a few having an increased appetite to seek a ‘new challenge’.

Under Poch we had some brief respite from our top players constantly being linked with or unsettled by bigger clubs. Whilst our wages didn’t compare, most were guaranteed first team football, liked the manager and the style of play and we had regular CL, which may have boosted the wages to competitive levels. Eriksen left of his own accord and I’m still surprised no-one at least triggered the Toby clause for 25m given the shortage of reliable prem experienced centre backs. Even the Walker sale felt more like we were cashing in on someone who wasn’t necessarily going to be first choice.
If we continue to drift over the course of next season I think we may have more vultures circling and a few having an increased appetite to seek a ‘new challenge’.
Another season outside the top four and without a trophy and we could be in a real rough spot for sure.

I think the contract situations are quite good so we wouldn't have to sell cheap, but we could be in a situation with a lot of transfer business to do and little time to turn remaining players around.

Another season outside the top four and without a trophy and we could be in a real rough spot for sure.

I think the contract situations are quite good so we wouldn't have to sell cheap, but we could be in a situation with a lot of transfer business to do and little time to turn remaining players around.

I tend to agree with this, i would not be surprised to see Kane go ( he is good enough to win things) as for others it may be not as clear cut as that.

I’m amazed there’s never any transfer speculation, thankfully.

I think there will be very soon, but not for very long.

That's the situation his military service has put him in - no club wanted to take a risk on him while that was hanging over him, potentially taking him away from action for two-odd years.

That was only resolved in 2018. Then, in the summer of 2019, we looked on the up after the CL final, so I doubt clubs would think about bidding for him - very low chance we'd even think about it, or that he would consider it.

Only this summer was a move more plausible, and even then, COVID probably put a damper on any club trying to bid for him - fee we'd ask would be nine figures, too much to think about.

I think the coming summer, 2021, will be the one where there will be a serious effort from the likes of Bayern and Madrid. He's the perfect package - two-footed, strong as an ox, blazingly fast, usually elite finisher, absolutely no trouble in the dressing room, lovely guy, and has a massive following in South Korea. If they want him, it will be then.

And then I think the window for him will close. Simply because of age - he's 28 now, will be 29 next summer. If they don't get him then, he will be 30 by the time 2022 rolls around, and then worries will begin over how long his pace will last. So, interest will fall away.

Basically, next summer is the danger zone in terms of losing him. If I were Levy, I'd be tying him down to a massive new contract now - 200k-ish, to put him on the same wages as Kane, Bale and Ndombele. Because he absolutely deserves it.

Makes sense for Barca and Real for new shirt sales in Asia.

That's the situation his military service has put him in - no club wanted to take a risk on him while that was hanging over him, potentially taking him away from action for two-odd years.

That was only resolved in 2018. Then, in the summer of 2019, we looked on the up after the CL final, so I doubt clubs would think about bidding for him - very low chance we'd even think about it, or that he would consider it.

Only this summer was a move more plausible, and even then, COVID probably put a damper on any club trying to bid for him - fee we'd ask would be nine figures, too much to think about.

I think the coming summer, 2021, will be the one where there will be a serious effort from the likes of Bayern and Madrid. He's the perfect package - two-footed, strong as an ox, blazingly fast, usually elite finisher, absolutely no trouble in the dressing room, lovely guy, and has a massive following in South Korea. If they want him, it will be then.

And then I think the window for him will close. Simply because of age - he's 28 now, will be 29 next summer. If they don't get him then, he will be 30 by the time 2022 rolls around, and then worries will begin over how long his pace will last. So, interest will fall away.

Basically, next summer is the danger zone in terms of losing him. If I were Levy, I'd be tying him down to a massive new contract now - 200k-ish, to put him on the same wages as Kane, Bale and Ndombele. Because he absolutely deserves it.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Is he a nice guy? Seen him sent off 3 times for malicious tackles.

I'd agree with most of that ..

I do think Son feels some sense of loyalty to us though, his previous club had fudged him out of the chance to get out of the military service earlier .. we gave him every chance

The lack of talk (similar to Kane outside of pundit BS) indicates he's told the agent, not interested.

Back