• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v SCBC***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why did we buy PEH if we're not going to play him in front of the back 4? His role here mystifies me

2 points. 1) when Kane is looking down the line why does he find himself offside so often? 2) I am yet to see what holbjerg brings to the team. I thought he was supposed to be defensively minded, however time and time again the Southampton forwards are finding space in the huge gap between our defence and midfield. I know it's early days but I remember when Harry brought in Wilson Palacios, the impact was immediate.

Actually a third point, the one thing you expect from Jose teams is defensive solidity. Where the hell is that. Last 3 halves of football I have had to keep reminding myself that Jose is our manager.

I still don’t know why everyone is pointing the blame at the defence. Yes they have been brick but it doesn’t help that they are under constant pressure. Have we even made 5 passes yet?

At least Ndombele is a spark, he has his fitness issues and I am his biggest critic but at least he is bright spark in an otherwise drab side.

PEH is utter gash, he is worse than I even emphasised on his thread

Moura needs to leave everyday of the week before Alli, he is such a dead end runner, bored of watching him now TBH.

Truthfully, we haven't laid a single glove on them, so we definitely got out of jail with that.

What I don't get is how, when they turn to run at us in midfield, we look so ghostly and disembodied, unable to get near them or stop them. For Christ's sake, you are just *better* than they are- why are you being schooled like this? Make a foul, press aggressively, challenge and win it before they spin - these are fudging third grade basics, and our players look fudging clueless at executing them. And have done since 2018.

Whereas for us, every press of theirs equals a turnover. They're not even having to try that hard for it. And then a quick ball to the bloke up against Doherty, and bang! They're away.

Drop Lucas and Son deeper second half to support the midfield, move Winks up to make it a 4-1-4-1 and press aggressively, with an eye to springing the wingers from deep when we have the ball. Note- from deep, not from off the shoulder. The latter just means we keep getting caught offside by an armpit hair.

For me we are always bypassed like this when Winks plays. He's the reason.

I still don’t know why everyone is pointing the blame at the defence. Yes they have been brick but it doesn’t help that they are under constant pressure. Have we even made 5 passes yet?
There under pressure from long passes. Their bypassing the middle of the pitch and going wide or long

At least Ndombele is a spark, he has his fitness issues and I am his biggest critic but at least he is bright spark in an otherwise drab side.

PEH is utter gash, he is worse than I even emphasised on his thread

Moura needs to leave everyday of the week before Alli, he is such a dead end runner, bored of watching him now TBH.

I would take a team of Lucas that are actually giving it ago than the current brick i am watching.

We are being overran in midfield and brick at the back, hardly down to a forward who has rarely seen the ball.

I'd get GLC on for Winks and play PEH as the DM rather than the nothing position he's in

And Bergwijn for Moura

Need to keep the 3rd sub for when Ndombele runs out of gas!
I’d like to see that in the hope that’s where PEH is meant to play
And get Moura off ASAP

Main three complaints about the first half:

- playing with Moura on the right is like playing with 10 men. Offers nothing
- Winks and Hojbjerg in midfield have no shape. Winks is playing in front of the back 4 and the PEH to his right, but I'm not sure what PEH's role is in that case as he's meant to be a better DM. Swap them over
- we have ZERO attacking shape as JJ said in commentary. There are no tactics apart from hitting it over the top
Moura needs to be an impact sub, he needs the game to open up / defenders to tire before he can be effective.

totally agree with all 3 sentiments to summarise the first half and would just like to add that the centre backs have not imposed themselves at all.

Back