• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v SCBC***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ndombele is a different class. He’s the player keeping Mourinho in a job at the mo!

lo Celso for winks and Bergwijn or even Lamela for Moura. We need to address the centre back issue at some point, Sanchez has done nothing to justify my faith in him pre game and we need to stop at standing off them in general.

My word! We are a shambles defensively! There were several occasions when Southampton players had the ball on the halfway line, standing still for a good 5-10 seconds with the ball, and no one got even close!! And the same thing happened when they scored! Pathetic!
And Doherty is pants! He's utterly useless defensively! I'll take Aureier over him 7 days of the week! Doherty is constantly out of position, and very weak 1 on 1! So easy to get past.
Thought we were quite good in the first 10 minutes, but after that it was very poor.
But what magnificent piece of work from Ndombele and Son for the goal! That's what Ndombele brings!

So they don't like Poch's favourite uncle approach

Or Jose's winning meteorology approach

Basically they just want to be paid, and it's our fault for expecting them to try

Or the quality in the squad was on the wane and rather than front up to that we changed managers but appointed a dud

Main three complaints about the first half:

- playing with Moura on the right is like playing with 10 men. Offers nothing
- Winks and Hojbjerg in midfield have no shape. Winks is playing in front of the back 4 and the PEH to his right, but I'm not sure what PEH's role is in that case as he's meant to be a better DM. Swap them over
- we have ZERO attacking shape as JJ said in commentary. There are no tactics apart from hitting it over the top

Truthfully, we haven't laid a single glove on them, so we definitely got out of jail with that.

What I don't get is how, when they turn to run at us in midfield, we look so ghostly and disembodied, unable to get near them or stop them. For Christ's sake, you are just *better* than they are- why are you being schooled like this? Make a foul, press aggressively, challenge and win it before they spin - these are fudging third grade basics, and our players look fudging clueless at executing them. And have done since 2018.

Whereas for us, every press of theirs equals a turnover. They're not even having to try that hard for it. And then a quick ball to the bloke up against Doherty, and bang! They're away.

Drop Lucas and Son deeper second half to support the midfield, move Winks up to make it a 4-1-4-1 and press aggressively, with an eye to springing the wingers from deep when we have the ball. Note- from deep, not from off the shoulder. The latter just means we keep getting caught offside by an armpit hair.

Back