• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v SCBC***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

El Guepardo

Rafael Van Der Vaart
We’re less than 24 hours away and yet...no OMT?! I know we’ve been excited with our new presents in Bale and Reguilon but come on...

So I’ve decided to bravely step forward and get us a result. Let’s get three points from the South Coast and make sure that this is a good weekend to remember.

Key details:
Where: St Mary’s Stadium
Opponents: Southampton (South Coast Big Club)
Time: 12pm tomorrow (20th September 2020)
Competition: Premier League

Predicted team:
Lloris
Doherty
Dier
Alderweireld
Davies
Lo Celso
Ndombele
Sissoko
Son
Kane
Bergwijn

Bring on the dancers, badgers, and Alan Partridge!! A ha

I think the side is probably right bar Aurier who I think will start. I haven't seen anything from Doherty that makes me think he is that much better than Serge tbh, not so far anyway.

Be interesting to see what happens with Alli what with him not travelling midweek- won't look good for him if he's not starting

I think the side is probably right bar Aurier who I think will start. I haven't seen anything from Doherty that makes me think he is that much better than Serge tbh, not so far anyway.
I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised, Doherty is going to contribute a lot more in play a he is better on the ball and he’s be hard pressed to make as many errors. There is room for Serge as back up but he always makes me nervous.

We’re less than 24 hours away and yet...no OMT?! I know we’ve been excited with our new presents in Bale and Reguilon but come on...

So I’ve decided to bravely step forward and get us a result. Let’s get three points from the South Coast and make sure that this is a good weekend to remember.

Key details:
Where: St Mary’s Stadium
Opponents: Southampton (South Coast Big Club)
Time: 12pm tomorrow (20th September 2020)
Competition: Premier League

Predicted team:
Lloris
Doherty
Dier
Alderweireld
Davies
Lo Celso
Ndombele
Sissoko
Son
Kane
Bergwijn

Bring on the dancers, badgers, and Alan Partridge!! A ha

I think that Hojbjerg will start this one and sit out Tuesday. Ndombele will be on the bench and Moura will start

We cannot lose this. A draw would be okay - slow start to the season, but whatever. A loss would take us in a pretty negative direction.

Usual suspects -

-------------------Lloris-----------------

Aurier------Toby-------Dier----Davies

-------------Hojberg----Winks---------

Lucas------------Alli----------------Son

------------------Kane-------------------

..bar Aurier for Doherty, who's basically played two full games now without a pre-season. Other than that, Lo Celso and Ndombele will probably start from the bench, as will Bergwijn.

I don't expect that crappy lineup to be fluid - actually, I would guess the first half will be an incredibly stodgy affair. But what I do hope is that, come half time, we switch out Winks and Son for Ndombele and Bergwijn, and take it up a notch right from the start of the second 45. Keep Lo Celso in reserve, bring him on if we need creativity - otherwise, switch out Kane once he hits the red zone.

I recognize it's not ideal taking off Sonny or leaving Alli on, or not starting with Lo Celso or Ndombele. But given our schedule, this feels like a realistic way to manage the game, bearing in mind the lads who played against those Bulgarian farmers (Bergwijn, Lo Celso et al) need to be rested. I also recognize that this means we might have 15-20m of fluency in the entire game, tops. But it's the trade-off that this run of games is forcing on us, and I guess we can make up ground in the league, but we can't afford to drop one of the cup games given that we'll get knocked out. So, draw would do me fine.

Just don't lose, lads.

Be interesting to see what happens with Alli what with him not travelling midweek- won't look good for him if he's not starting
Agree would be a concern, I don’t think he deserved to be subbed at HT and being rested for the Euro game seemed to be a direct response to him not pressing at the levels Mourinho expects. He has to find a way to impress off the ball, although with the upturn in competent technical players hopefully we’ll start to dominate games again which can only help all of our attacking players rediscover their mojo.
I’m hoping Mourinho is trying to prod his ego to spark a reaction on the field.

I think Tuesday is the "gamble" game, especially as we have Chelsea next if we win.

Expect the stronger sides Sunday and Thursday

Probably Toby, Winks, Lucas come back in tomorrow to starting line up (Kane, Son, PEH a given)

Anyone know if our new LB will be eligible for Thursday?

———————Lloris
Doherty—Dier—-Toby—Davies
———Høyberg——Ndombele
Lo Celso——Alli——Son
———————Kane————
Or

I think Tuesday is the "gamble" game, especially as we have Chelsea next if we win.

Expect the stronger sides Sunday and Thursday

Probably Toby, Winks, Lucas come back in tomorrow to starting line up (Kane, Son, PEH a given)

Anyone know if our new LB will be eligible for Thursday?

Agree with that. I think we should put out a team on Tues with 1 or 2 U23s (such as White and Cirkin perhaps), plus fringe players like Sessegnon, Foyth and Gedson and then some closer to the first 11. You could probably get away with something like the team below in a 4-2-3-1 though as always currently, CF is the problem position. Exact line-up for Tues though will heavily depend on what he plays today. I cant see GLC playing 90 mins today and Jose will probably bring Sissoko on at some point for him (like for like!!) and I'd imagine the 13/14 who get on the pitch today then won't play on Tues but would on Thurs

Soton: Lloris, Doherty, Dier, Toby, Davies, Hojbjerg, GLC, Moura, Dele, Son, Kane
Orient: Hart, Aurier, Sanchez, Foyth, Sessegnon, Winks, White/Sissoko, Gedson, Ndombele, Lamela, Bergwijn
...and then on Thurs, we'd play a similar team to today plus Reguilon coming in at LB

The real problem comes in a week though when neither of the midweek games are easy - we might have to play more balanced teams in terms of strength on Tues and Thurs

Must not lose.

Surely a but of feelgood factor should be flying around the club. Hopefully that and wanting to avenge last seasons defeat there should be motivation enough.

Back