• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...players-as-bale-and-reguilon-fly-in-tottenham

Not enough players, too many players, too many injuries so not enough players, too many games but too many players. What a miserable Cnut. The cnut earns MILLIONS a year doing a job he allegedly loves and does nothing but fcuking moan.

Nah, plenty of ways to keep the players on their toes than saying the opposite of what you were saying just a few months back. Actually makes him look almost senile if anything
So, Mourinho is just like most of the posters here! Moan, moan, moan. :)

The press seem to have fixated on this statement too. He was being asked about leaving Dele at home and he was making the point that he left 8 players at home.

he also said we still need a striker and it’s true that we do have a few players that will probably be surplus to requirements, that ideally for both cost and squad harmony will be offloaded before the window closes. I guess the challenge the modern manager has is trying to keep a player he doesn’t really rate onside, just in case he is left with him as part of the squad due to a lack of traction when the chairman tries to move them on.

If we can make the signings we have been linked with there would probably be scope to move out Rose Sessegnon Foyth CCV Lamela Gazzaniga and even one of Winks or Sissoko and still be left with two players competing for each position and 4 of them not making the bench - plus Gedson whose role I am still unsure of.

Last edited:
The press seem to have fixated on this statement too. He was being asked about leaving Dele at home and he was making the point that he left 8 players at home.

he also said we still need a striker and it’s true that we do have a few players that will probably be surplus to requirements, that ideally for both cost and squad harmony will be offloaded before the window closes. I guess the challenge the modern manager has is trying to keep a player he doesn’t really rate onside, just in case he is left with him as part of the squad due to a lack of traction when the chairman tries to move them on.

If we can make the signings we have been linked with there would probably be scope to move out Rose Sessegnon Foyth CCV Lamela Gazzaniga and even one of Winks or Sissoko and still be left with two players competing for each position and 4 of them not making the bench - plus Gedson whose role I am still unsure of.

Booo! Common sense. Boooo!

Booo! Common sense. Boooo!
It’s really aggravated me reading a few snippy articles in the news this morning and comments about Bale being a spent force and Mourinho being a grumpy old man who is destroying the club from within! I expect that from journos and non Spurs but if we can finally announce these two transfers I’m optimistic that our squad is being shaped with some real depth and strategy rather than trying to pick up players with their retained value or future potential being a deciding factor. A back up CF will give us at least 2 for each position with what I’d consider our reserve team not being far off the one that we put out at the back end of last season and still managed to achieve results.

Last edited:
It’s really aggravated me reading a few snippy articles in the news this morning and comments about Bale being a spent force and Mourinho being a grumpy old man who is destroying the club from within! I expect that from journos and non Spurs but if we can finally announce these two transfers I’m optimistic that our squad is being shaped with some real depth and strategy rather than trying to pick up players with their retained value or future potential being a deciding factor. A back up CF will give us at least 2 for each position with what I’d consider our reserve team not being far off the one that we out out at the back end of last season that still managed to achieve results.
This forum is the only place I go to for comments on Spurs these days, it’s been a real eye opener seeing how a lot of fans think on comments sections. Here is by far the most balanced and well thought out views, even with some of the lunatics doing their best to derail things! We’ve done well this window, and with potentially an addition or two more still possible it could get even better.....

I love how the press focus on one thing and then paraphrase everything into a blurb

they rarely if ever highlight the question, just the response too so you never ever get the whole story

add in the mourinho “negative press” factor and we’re back to being the enemy for certain papers

mad someone said on a podcast the other day, United sign bale and he is the missing piece of the jigsaw. Spurs sign him and it’s a band aid to hold us together.
United are so much better now they managed to get the same points last season than the one before so bale would have made the difference of 30 odd points if it suits the narrative

I think as a spurs fan of a long time, it’s been a brilliant window so far. I hope PEH steps up into that DM role we need and we will be significantly improved on last season

I love how the press focus on one thing and then paraphrase everything into a blurb

they rarely if ever highlight the question, just the response too so you never ever get the whole story

add in the mourinho “negative press” factor and we’re back to being the enemy for certain papers

mad someone said on a podcast the other day, United sign bale and he is the missing piece of the jigsaw. Spurs sign him and it’s a band aid to hold us together.
United are so much better now they managed to get the same points last season than the one before so bale would have made the difference of 30 odd points if it suits the narrative

I think as a spurs fan of a long time, it’s been a brilliant window so far. I hope PEH steps up into that DM role we need and we will be significantly improved on last season

Jose knows how the press works though. I do think that his whinge yesterday was a bit unnecessary. If it's not followed up, I think we can assume he had a bad day rather than it being anything deeper. If he starts this on a regular basis, we have a problem.

Again though, he has a point. We could do with trimming some of the fat to free up the wage bill, bring in some cash and have a tighter squad. I'd imagine Gazzaniga, Aurier, Rose, Foyth are all potential sales with maybe even a Winks/Sissoko being surplus too. You could probably throw Lamela into that mix. I'd say Moura but Jose rates him (in the doc, he did say "You can't replace a Kane, Son or Lucas" or something along those lines). Dele is one I wouldn't want to see go but he could be for the chop too.

I guess the flip side is that for the next couple of weeks, we may need a few of those players for the cup games.

I'm a little uncomfortable with Mourinho saying stuff like "I doubted his professional attitude". We all know it, we all know he's thinking it. I'm not sure saying that is the right thing to motivate him.

Its nothing really new from him, this is what he had to say about Lo Celso towards the end of last season

“When I arrived, Lo Celso was not playing,” Mourinho said. “I didn’t believe in him or understand him immediately. Three or four months later, Giovani is phenomenal. I can imagine that if I came in July, I would again be in a grey area with Giovani. No. Next season I know exactly what Giovani can give.”

Its almost as if he doesnt rate the player at all he wont have much to say whereas if he is trying his tough love approach he will mouth off. Notice hes pretty had nothing to say about Rose or Foyth who we know are both available for sae.

Its nothing really new from him, this is what he had to say about Lo Celso towards the end of last season

Its almost as if he doesnt rate the player at all he wont have much to say whereas if he is trying his tough love approach he will mouth off. Notice hes pretty had nothing to say about Rose or Foyth who we know are both available for sae.

That's a fair point. But I'd question the wisdom of the approach. Does this sort of thing work anymore (calling players out in public)? In fact, has it ever worked? Has Mourinho ever done it and had it work - genuine question because I can't recall him doing it successfully although he's had a lot to say over the years so maybe he has.

Worked on Luke Shaw which is usually held up the example of Mourinho bullying. Shaw even said it himself.

Arguably Joe Cole as well off the top of my head. I vaguely remember some negative comments in the press and of course that match where scored and Jose publicilly went in on him.

When it all goes sour this season or next, and Levy and Jose fall out, you just know Levy will have the framed quote 'ive got too many players' behind him on his office when the interviews go down :D

Worked on Luke Shaw which is usually held up the example of Mourinho bullying. Shaw even said it himself.

Arguably Joe Cole as well off the top of my head. I vaguely remember some negative comments in the press and of course that match where scored and Jose publicilly went in on him.

Fair points and thanks for the link @galeforce. I stand corrected. I hope he gets the same reaction from Ndombele because he’s a very unique talent and exactly what we need.

Eto'o as well

"He left me on the bench for a month and made me warm up in injury time,” the former striker said, discussing Mourinho’s man-management skills at the Aspire Academy Global Summit on Football Performance and Science in Qatar.

“In his head, he was pricking me to make me his own. I talked to him in his office. It was what he wanted from me, to recover my best level. And I did. We won everything. We had a team of eleven warriors, we won differently."

Eto'o as well

"He left me on the bench for a month and made me warm up in injury time,” the former striker said, discussing Mourinho’s man-management skills at the Aspire Academy Global Summit on Football Performance and Science in Qatar.

“In his head, he was pricking me to make me his own. I talked to him in his office. It was what he wanted from me, to recover my best level. And I did. We won everything. We had a team of eleven warriors, we won differently."
I’d love us to get the spirit of that Inter side, they were exactly as Eto describes them as, Warriors.

Back