• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Nah, plenty of ways to keep the players on their toes than saying the opposite of what you were saying just a few months back. Actually makes him look almost senile if anything
Or maybe the situation we're in now is just very different to the situation 6 months ago.
What was moaning about what he said?

Surely he was just deflecting from being asked about Alli.

Moaning and miserable, during his time here I'm just not seeing it. Seems to be the default response to any comment he makes. If anything he's going overboard on the nice guy act.
Spot on.

He's a lot more open about the problems he sees with the team and squad than Pochettino was for example. I don't think one way is much better than another. But his answers are perfectly fine.

Or maybe the situation we're in now is just very different to the situation 6 months ago.

Yes, a situation which is better than 6 months ago, when he complained he didn't have this or that...only last week he said we needed another striker so to go from that to 'oh my, i have too many players' is flip-flopping. One could almost say, getting in the excuses early:D

Yes, a situation which is better than 6 months ago, when he complained he didn't have this or that...only last week he said we needed another striker so to go from that to 'oh my, i have too many players' is flip-flopping. One could almost say, getting in the excuses early:D
Better, but with more work to be done.

We still need a new striker... Reports are that we're after another centre back too.

So 6 or 7 new players in this window seems quite likely. That means the squad is a bit big, someone has to go.

Wanting another striker and wanting some players out can be true at the same time. In fact it seems very like to be true. I fail to see the issue.

Better, but with more work to be done.

We still need a new striker... Reports are that we're after another centre back too.

So 6 or 7 new players in this window seems quite likely. That means the squad is a bit big, someone has to go.

Wanting another striker and wanting some players out can be true at the same time. In fact it seems very like to be true. I fail to see the issue.

The issue is the moaning about it like it's a terrible situation to be in. A terrible situation is not being able to get players in and being stuck with a dead squad and no choices of who to play every week, like West Ham or similar.
He can think the squad is big without speaking about, after all he has enough to work on getting the team to play effectively etc

The issue is the moaning about it like it's a terrible situation to be in. A terrible situation is not being able to get players in and being stuck with a dead squad and no choices of who to play every week, like West Ham or similar.
He can think the squad is big without speaking about, after all he has enough to work on getting the team to play effectively etc

Moaning is your description. I don't see it as moaning, he's accurately describing an issue right now.

He has to do press conferences. Answer questions that are brought up. That's a (small) part of his job. He can't just choose to spend that time on the training ground instead.

Moaning is your description. I don't see it as moaning, he's accurately describing an issue right now.

He has to do press conferences. Answer questions that are bought up. That's a (small) part of his job. He can't just choose to spend that time on the training ground instead.

He is as much a master media manipulator as much as a 'top' coach. He knows how to answer questions and can choose to answer them to convey certain messages. Talking about 'my squad is too big' is setting up a narrative as is usually the case with him.

I saw it as unnecessary, you didn't. Cool.

He is talking to his squad, via the press i.e. telling 2 players that they should take the loan deals being offered to them, and telling 2 others that they should take the permanent moves elsewhere.

He is talking to his squad, via the press i.e. telling 2 players that they should take the loan deals being offered to them, and telling 2 others that they should take the permanent moves elsewhere.
If only there was a way he could talk to players directly. But if you talk to people in private how can you get press coverage? He's a publicity wh0re.

To be more sure of whether he's moaning, you'd have to watch and hear him as he speaks. The words alone can be taken in different ways. The tone, facial expression etc etc that accompany them says still more.

Back