• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

I thought we played well against Vidvolp, all things considered. *shrugs*

76% possession 87% passes accuracy 12 shots, penalty that should have been given with Bergwijn, hit the post, keeper made a decent foot save against Son, Son and Kane had a couple of opportunities each that "normally" would have been put away.

Half baked team (especially Lo Celso and N'dombele) super early in season away in Europe and people expect a walk over .. agree with your shrug mate ..

Jose said it right, if we took any of the early chances in 1st half, would have been a very different game.

If you could rely on them being fit and available, to think La Celso and Ndombele in a midfield 3 wouldn't give us that is frankly laughable.
They do but I think it would be wise to have a 3rd option because there is every chance one or both get injured and once again the side will be completely bereft of midfield quality.

Maybe White could be the 3rd option?

I'm a little uncomfortable with Mourinho saying stuff like "I doubted his professional attitude". We all know it, we all know he's thinking it. I'm not sure saying that is the right thing to motivate him.
I don't particularly like Mourinho and didn't want him at the club but I think he is completely right to state this. Ndombele's professional attitude was appalling. He was cheating his teammates, himself and the fans. There is never an excuse to not give your all and the players need to be aware of that both in private and in public IMO.

I don't particularly like Mourinho and didn't want him at the club but I think he is completely right to state this. Ndombele's professional attitude was appalling. He was cheating his teammates, himself and the fans. There is never an excuse to not give your all and the players need to be aware of that both in private and in public IMO.

agreed

the truth is always the right answer

You could be right. I felt sorry for Ndombele during the documentary. Looked like a little boy lost. He clearly hasn't grasped the language either. That's tough. There's a good chance he thinks he should be cut some slack for that. His manager calling him out in public is a bit humiliating particularly for the lack of professionalism. If you saw the documentary, you'll have seen his very defensive reaction to any suggestion he wasn't a fighter so I can't imagine he'll be happy with this.

I'm okay with Jose doing this in private with him or even in front of the team. In front of the press and the world...not so much.

Let's see how it plays out. Jose gets the reaction he wants and I'm clearly wrong.

Still struggling to believe events of the last couple days. I always said that we have 5-6 players who could form the basis of a title-challenging team: Lloris, Dier, GLC, Son, Kane and perhaps Dele. We also had many squad-fillers.

We've now filled the RB role, the LB role and an attacking role with players who have proven themselves as one of the best performers in their position in a top league. Potentially also the DM too.

No pressure Jose!!!

Really hope this pans out (and with a renewed formation on 3-4-3). I would love Jose to be successful, I would love for him to stick two fingers up to all the haters, but he really needs to show it now.

I still can't shake the feeling that football has moved on and he is yesterday's man (someone convince me otherwise please).

Klopp, Pep, Poch (yeh i said it) seemed to understand the modern game, 10 years ago it was Jose, 10 years before that, Wenger (and Alex F throughout pretty much). Just hope he can prove us wrong.

Really hope this pans out (and with a renewed formation on 3-4-3). I would love Jose to be successful, I would love for him to stick two fingers up to all the haters, but he really needs to show it now.

I still can't shake the feeling that football has moved on and he is yesterday's man (someone convince me otherwise please).

Klopp, Pep, Poch (yeh i said it) seemed to understand the modern game, 10 years ago it was Jose, 10 years before that, Wenger (and Alex F throughout pretty much). Just hope he can prove us wrong.

Yep. This is his last chance at a club at the higher end of the 'food chain'. If he messes up with us, he'll be finished in terms of getting any more top jobs imo.

I think he knows it too, so here's hoping he works on his coaching as much as ever -and for the whole team and not just on defence.

Dafuq..?

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...players-as-bale-and-reguilon-fly-in-tottenham

Mourinho warns he has 'too many players' as Bale and Reguilón fly in
  • ‘I don’t like the number of players I have in my squad’
  • Tottenham manager outlines admiration for Danny Ings

José Mourinho has said his Tottenham squad is overstocked and that he has “too many players” to manage comfortably as he prepares to bring in Gareth Bale and Sergio Reguilón from Real Madrid.

Spurs squeezed past a nine-man Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Europa League second qualifying round on Thursday and Mourinho left eight first-teamers at home, including Dele Alli and Toby Alderweireld. He was still able to field a side packed with senior players and they were fortunate to go through given that, with 10 minutes to play, they were a goal down in Bulgaria.

Questioned on whether Alli, who was substituted at half-time in the defeat by Everton on Sunday and has been linked with a move, would return to the side against Southampton this weekend Mourinho suggested his options needed slimming.

“You ask me about Dele – you could ask me about the other seven players we left behind,” he said. “To be honest I don’t like the number of players I have in my squad. It is very, very difficult to manage in every aspect of my job. Very difficult to manage this situation, too many players.”

Tottenham are particularly overloaded in midfield but, against that, an unusually compacted fixture list means squad rotation may be more important than ever. Mourinho was critical of the Premier League’s decision to cut back from nine substitutes, an allowance imposed after last season’s restart in June, to the standard seven.

“I think it’s another brilliant decision to only have seven players on the bench, the only country with that,” he said. “It is a big limitation for coaches. I also think [having nine players] could give us more chance to rest more players to manage the situation.”

Tottenham face the Southampton on Sunday, Leyton Orient in the Carabao Cup on Tuesday and then travel to Macedonia to play Shkendija on Thursday. If results go their way they could end up playing nine games in 21 days and Mourinho was, not for the first time, scathing about the schedule.

“This is a joke, a total joke, but here we go. We are very lucky that Leyton Orient beat Plymouth, because Plymouth would be very, very far for us. It is dramatic but I prefer this drama and to be in the competition.”

Centre-forward is one position Mourinho does need to bolster and Spurs had an approach turned down this week for Danny Ings. They will come up against him at St Mary’s and Mourinho made little effort to hide his admiration for the 28-year-old. “Ings is a threat. He is a player that scores a lot of goals and every time he plays against us he gives us a lot of problems. He is a player we have to respect.”

Bale and Reguilon are due in London on Friday to finalise their moves to Spurs, which will be a loan and a £27.6m transfer respectively.

If Spurs beat Shkendija they will be at home to Rostov or Maccabi Haifa in a Europa League play-off.

By swapping a midfielder out for a defender in 3-4-3, how do you see Hojbjerg, Winks, Sissoko, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Fernandes, Lamela, Alli, Bergwijn, Moura, Son and Bale all fitting in? 12 players for 4 positions - just don't see it happening, unless we sell 2 or 3. (Appreciate we need a big squad for a busy schedule, but 3 players per place seems a bit extreme!)

Then again judging by Jose's comments above, maybe we will sell 2 or 3 of them.

Back