• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

I will admit that i never thought Bale would come back here so when asked i always said no, still not sure if his fitness is good enough or not. The coverage this is getting in the media is amazing and could be the kick up the arse our players ( and some fans) need to pick up the positive vibe again.

As other have said IF/WHEN this happens then Levy will have played a stormer ( again).

If it all goes through, they say about a month to full fitness...2nd debut for Spurs at home to West Ham on 17/10/20????

Last minute winner anyone?

Is he injured? If not put him on the bench at the weekend. Bring him on. Give him 90 minutes against Orient. Probably rest in Europa or bench. He’ll soon get sharp with our Schedule or injured!

Did he ever have any other song than the "Bale Bale Bale" chant? I remember just before he left some people sang the "Don't want to sell Gareth Gareth Bale" song (to the tune of "achey breaky heart"), but it never really caught on. I can't remember him having a proper song!

Did he ever have any other song than the "Bale Bale Bale" chant? I remember just before he left some people sang the "Don't want to sell Gareth Gareth Bale" song (to the tune of "achey breaky heart"), but it never really caught on. I can't remember him having a proper song!
“He was born to play for Spurs” was his song, was sung all the time, you must be getting old Daisuk!!?

He just needs to pass a COVID test and he’s allowed in the country.
I will admit that i never thought Bale would come back here so when asked i always said no, still not sure if his fitness is good enough or not. The coverage this is getting in the media is amazing and could be the kick up the arse our players ( and some fans) need to pick up the positive vibe again.

As other have said IF/WHEN this happens then Levy will have played a stormer ( again).
And if we get gazumped the opposite will happen.
I wonder if this has been on the cards a while and safeguards negotiated. Esp after the collapse of the China move

People who know brick about football used to sing he plays on the left

I really miss the days of flying, jinxing wingers. The Waddler, Daveeeed, Lennon ( when he first arrived that burst of speed always caused a frisson of excitement in the crowd) and Bale in his pomp.

The trouble with our current wingers is that they aren't jet propelled and rarely beat their man in one to one situations. Bergwyn, Lucas, Lamela, Sessegnon, Sissoko, Dele are much of a muchness. Son has star quality as a finisher and runs in bhund well but rarely assists.

I really miss Bale mk1 and really hope he still can do it for us.

We definitely need a dribbler, I think Bergwyn has a lot of potential - looks like he has good movement and awareness but isn't really a dribbler that is going to get past a few players with skill rather than pace.

Back