• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

In those terms it really is horrific.

Should also shift the focus from the club not investing in the team to not investing well
We are investing and on face value I haven't got a problem with La Celso Ndombele Sess and Bergwijn as signings, we're just struggling to get them integrated. ?

We are investing and on face value I haven't got a problem with La Celso Ndombele Sess and Bergwijn as signings, we're just struggling to get them integrated. ?
In the case of Clarke and sessegnon we will see Jose’s views on Thursday if they play
With Lo Celso he plays every game we play our first 11 but we need him fit
With Tubby we need to fit him in somehow (4-3-3) and that’s something Jose has go fix
Bergwein would be starting for me over Moura for sure

I think we have to start him whenever possible. In for a penny, in for a pound.

Exactly, it might be old school but I want to see our record player play, its like us singing Ginola or Klinsmann and not playing. I have huge reservations about him but on yestedays showing I would say like you, in for a penny in for a pound, its not like we are going to be fighting for the league

In the case of Clarke and sessegnon we will see Jose’s views on Thursday if they play
With Lo Celso he plays every game we play our first 11 but we need him fit
With Tubby we need to fit him in somehow (4-3-3) and that’s something Jose has go fix
Bergwein would be starting for me over Moura for sure
I agree with your 433 line up which means only a diamond would see Dele play BUT that may work/be helped if we get another forward as Kane/Son, Kane/New guy or Son/New guy can fill the two forward positions in that formation. And of course improvements (power) in the FB positions would enhance the chances of that formation working.

I agree with your 433 line up which means only a diamond would see Dele play BUT that may work/be helped if we get another forward as Kane/Son, Kane/New guy or Son/New guy can fill the two forward positions in that formation. And of course improvements (power) in the FB positions would enhance the chances of that formation working.
The diamond only works if we have a LB who can play like Doherty IMO. It’s the only way to get the width and would create the overloads
4-3-3 would suit us but I’d prefer it with an attacking LB

Exactly, it might be old school but I want to see our record player play, its like us singing Ginola or Klinsmann and not playing. I have huge reservations about him but on yestedays showing I would say like you, in for a penny in for a pound, its not like we are going to be fighting for the league
It shows how desperate the situation is. I was (am?) all for cutting our losses and selling as long as we reinvest in this window with the funds BUT it looks like anything like a new team/new approach involves La Celso/Ndombele being at the heart of it ...otherwise we're left with what?

I'm left hoping the flakeiest of the flakeiest can pull it together when 1. I don't really want to roll the dice on him and 2. All the evidence points to the contrary.

Jeez it's desperate.

It shows how desperate the situation is. I was (am?) all for cutting our losses and selling as long as we reinvest in this window with the funds BUT it looks like anything like a new team/new approach involves La Celso/Ndombele being at the heart of it ...otherwise we're left with what?

I'm left hoping the flakeiest of the flakeiest can pull it together when 1. I don't really want to roll the dice on him and 2. All the evidence points to the contrary.

Jeez it's desperate.

I dont think Ndombele gets anywhere near a Jose side, but looking at what that means for the team, then other than him getting back in it looks a season of the type of football we saw yesterday.

Out of those 6 players 3 should be in the team for me when fit. A midfield of Hjolberg sitting and N'Dombele and Lo Celso providing creativity.
Hjolberg and Lo Celso have the work rate to cover N'Dombele, although hopefully with some game time he will have a better work rate (not hard).

Moura doesn't give enough and constantly makes the wrong choices. I'd play Bergwijn instead. He provides some creativity and goal threat.
IF those 3 can cement their places in the side then 3 out of 6 being a success isn't that bad of an outcome.

Agreed
But I’ll add last season everyone said the issue was that we needed a DM...
It’s one problem after another to change the team
I still think the issue is too many players still starting who were here 3/4/5 years ago
Or rather, too many players who were previously mainly on the bench/reserves, are now in the starting 11.
Winks
Sissoko
Lucas
Davies
Dier
#regression

Or rather, too many players who were previously mainly on the bench/reserves, are now in the starting 11.
Winks
Sissoko
Lucas
Davies
Dier
#regression
Well winks started and so did sissoko when we got to the CL finals
Winks also started the season before when we did well
Dier did too
Lucas was never a starter I agree
Davies was also a rotational player
But I’d argue that Toby showed nothing of quality yesterday And left his man for the corner
Dele tried but nothing worked for him
Son and Kane looked like they were aliens to each other
It’s not just the lesser players that didn’t put a shift in

Basically saved Mourinho's job tonight.

Much improved - even before the red cards. He was the only one making forward passes, and, for the first time in an eternity, actually pressing and tracking back to stop the little Plovdiv could muster after their goal. His own goal was well deserved.

Still looks tubby and unfit, but less so, which I guess is all I can hope for. Hoping he gets 45m against Soton, and let's go from there.

Back