• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

PS5

Definitely digital.

I download all games anyway, same with films.

The only reason i was thinking was selling games, then i think we only have 3 non digital games for the switch out of 18. So yeah digital for me is where my mind is going

I am actually going to get a new TV too buit want to only spend 1K in all. hmmmmm

is anybody considering the Xbox? I have a decent gaming rig so i am not sure I need another microsoft device

is anybody considering the Xbox? I have a decent gaming rig so i am not sure I need another microsoft device
The only thing in favour of the xbox was Game Pass, and now Sony have announced something similar for PlayStation.
I'll go for the one with a disc drive. I've retired the PS3 (never bought the 4. The odd number ones have always been better. 2 and 4 where mere slight upgrades) and currently don't have a bluray disc player. I like having physical media, and you can sell them if you don't want to keep them.

Mrs hates me gaming. Should i still be gaming in my 30s? I love it, gives me a break after work etc to just get some downtime. Also proven to help mental cognition.

Not sure if/when i will invest, but definitely going PS5 (never been an X-Boxer) and probably digital as i rarely buy discs (plus with the COD updates of 60GB, what's the f'n point anyway).

However, has to come with some serious hard drive space given game sizes nowadays.

Managed to preorder today.

After the AO site crashing with it in my basket, Smyths deleting it from my basket between checkout and payment, finally got into a 5000 person queue at Curry's.

Got an email when I was at the front of the queue and it was quite painless in the end.

Just wondered this in the Bale thread.. Apparently the disc one will play legacy PS3 and PS4 games?

But if you don't have any need for that, or for watching 4K DVD's, I'd go for digital.

I don't think PS3 has been confirmed for backwards compatibility yet has it?

I'll get a disc version, probably prior to GHod of War Ragnarok next year.

I don't think PS3 has been confirmed for backwards compatibility yet has it?

I'll get a disc version, probably prior to GHod of War Ragnarok next year.
Only ps4. PS3 used a CELL processor with a totally different core architecture, so it's not possible with direct compatibility. Only option would be with running an emulator.

I kept buying games on discs for some time, because I could then resell them easier, but there are so many good sales and bundles with digital, as well as it being super convenient, so I'm 100% digital now, and loving it (and I don't tend to sell disc games anyway).

I absolutely loved Horizon Zero Dawn, so thrilled to see a sequel for the ps5. Probably the game that will convince me to buy a ps5 some day.

Managed to preorder today.

After the AO site crashing with it in my basket, Smyths deleting it from my basket between checkout and payment, finally got into a 5000 person queue at Curry's.

Got an email when I was at the front of the queue and it was quite painless in the end.
I got on too late so that currys queue sold out before I got through. Argos told me they were releasing them at midnight, but appear to have done it sometime later but before 7 as they are sold out now too so think I’ve missed the boat. Lots at inflated prices on eBay already which is always galling.

I kept buying games on discs for some time, because I could then resell them easier, but there are so many good sales and bundles with digital, as well as it being super convenient, so I'm 400% digital now, and loving it (and I don't tend to sell disc games anyway).

I get annoyed digital is always more expensive than discs.

Only ps4. PS3 used a CELL processor with a totally different core architecture, so it's not possible with direct compatibility. Only option would be with running an emulator.

Microsoft got it going with their BC using an emulator I think so don't see why it can't be done.

... oh they want you to buy your favourite PS3 games on their store that's why!

My 8 year old is very keen to get Minecraft for his birthday.
I presume it is better on a console rather than a laptop?
I presume he would be well chuffed with some old PS3 or PS4 version since the graphics are just blocky whatever... does anyone know a good cheap/free option, as he really doesn't know his arse from his elbow so he won't care what it is really.

Back