• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

If we've learnt anything fom this summer it's that commentators should never try and second-guess the outcome. Yet still we had Nasser Hussein banging on about how the Aussies' tail-enders were sure to crumble under pressure in the final overs. What an idiot!

Congratulations Aussies, you deserved your series victory.

I think he was talking in the context of breaking that partnership earlier which Archer should have, silly boy he was

I think he was talking in the context of breaking that partnership earlier which Archer should have, silly boy he was
Fair point. But Hussein kept repeating "one of these two (Maxwell/Carey) HAS to be there at the end." He never once qualified it.

Commentators are always doing that sort of thing and you just know the outcome is likely to be the opposite of what they're saying.

I think Nasser Hussein is great to listen to, one of the best commentators. The others take the tinkle out of him for being anal, but he watches the game still with his captain head on. He's always so aware of over rates, bowler rotations, field placings, previous history between batsman and bowler and various nuances of the match and flags them to the viewers several overs before changes then get made. Really knowledgable guy.

Two black marks though:
1. He supported Leeds for years, but committed the unforgivable sin of changing teams.
2. He changed to Woolwich.

I think Nasser Hussein is great to listen to, one of the best commentators. The others take the tinkle out of him for being anal, but he watches the game still with his captain head on. He's always so aware of over rates, bowler rotations, field placings, previous history between batsman and bowler and various nuances of the match and flags them to the viewers several overs before changes then get made. Really knowledgable guy.

Two black marks though:
1. He supported Leeds for years, but committed the unforgivable sin of changing teams.
2. He changed to Woolwich.
Agree overall about Nasser. Despite my niggle he's definitely one of the best.

Yea definitely, 1 wicket and it was cat among the pigeons time, as it proved to be honest. It’s just the wicket(s) came too late with them only needing about 14 in 12 balls and the pressure wasn’t what it would have been had it come at 60 off 40 balls or something.

In summary, the wicket just came too late!

Slow going at Lords.

I think Essex are trying to secure the first innings lead based on the draw going to first innings score to determine winner

Back