• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Positives Thread 20/21

- Performances can only get better
- One game closer to having a manager who plays proper football
- My expectations and excitement for this season are lowered sufficiently that I won't spend as much time and emotional energy following Spurs this season. It'll be the same numbness as earlier this calendar year

I don’t think any team has played particularly well so far. Maybe unfortunately Arsenal against the worst promoted team, but that’s it. The rest of the performances were far from great. With Allan, and Doucoure, Everton will be hard to beat and so it proved for us. At least we have one of the matches against the likely top six contenders out of the way.
We have 3 more weeks in which transfer window is open, and hopefully now the club realise that we do need new players.
We have a match on Thursday...this could be a good thing in giving us chance to bounce back. Equally, if we lose here, and we’re underprepared for a trip to SCBC then we’re in the brick.
We didn’t have any supporters at the ground watching that brick.

Last edited:
Sissoko didn't start.
Doherty looked very good in attack.
Ndombele got 15 minutes.
The defense didn't look awful, although it had a specifically brick moment.

Struggling to think of any others.

Sissoko didn't start.
Doherty looked very good in attack.
Ndombele got 15 minutes.
The defense didn't look awful, although it had a specifically brick moment.

Struggling to think of any others.
I thought Doherty looked great
No time with the team and no pre season. Was always showing for the ball and didn’t make defensive mistakes either

I thought Doherty looked great
No time with the team and no pre season. Was always showing for the ball and didn’t make defensive mistakes either
He's really comfortable on the ball and I think his push pass and run is going to be a massive asset. We saw it with the chance he had and there were another couple of moments when that bit of play happened.

Imagine him playing those passes into GLC or Ndombele and then making the rub into space. It's actually quite a tantalising prospect.

He's really comfortable on the ball and I think his push pass and run is going to be a massive asset. We saw it with the chance he had and there were another couple of moments when that bit of play happened.

Imagine him playing those passes into GLC or Ndombele and then making the rub into space. It's actually quite a tantalising prospect.
Yeah agreed
Doherty was IMO our best player and the guy plays with great awareness

Yeah agreed
Doherty was IMO our best player and the guy plays with great awareness

Wasn’t really a tall yardstick, but I do like the attacking threat and that generally, it will be harder for the opposition to defend against marauding full backs. If only Doherty had put that chance away, the feeling around here could be so much better now.

Back