• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

Wonder if Ben Davies can send him a better text than Bergwijn did to Van der Beek to seal the deal...

That would still be £300k per week....perhaps we pay them a £5m loan fee, they pay £400k p/w to him and we pay £200k to him so that he's in-line with Kane.

On that basis, I think its worth doing. Given we lack a second creator in addition to GLC, then having another game-changer who can create/score a goal out of nothing or beat their man is much needed....and for the sort of terms above, I think its worth a punt with limited downside. Levy would also like ti from a marketing perspective too - we won't be bringing in anywhere close to as big a name as Bale this summer

Ideally, I'd like it to be Bale + a new CF, with Moura or Lamela leaving, but Bale on his own is far from a disaster

It would be quite sexy to smash our wage structure for an unfit player who doesn’t really like playing football any more!

But if we could get him back close to his ability before, it could be the difference between top 4 and not

That would still be £300k per week....perhaps we pay them a £5m loan fee, they pay £400k p/w to him and we pay £200k to him so that he's in-line with Kane.

On that basis, I think its worth doing. Given we lack a second creator in addition to GLC, then having another game-changer who can create/score a goal out of nothing or beat their man is much needed....and for the sort of terms above, I think its worth a punt with limited downside. Levy would also like ti from a marketing perspective too - we won't be bringing in anywhere close to as big a name as Bale this summer

Ideally, I'd like it to be Bale + a new CF, with Moura or Lamela leaving, but Bale on his own is far from a disaster

I think his 600k a week is euros, so in pounds we’d pay 272k a week.

But if we could get him back close to his ability before, it could be the difference between top 4 and not
Not saying I don’t want him, just preparing myself for the worst as usual!

IF we sign him it would be a massive lift the club, biggest signing since Klinsmann for me and he’s got to be closer to his peak than Davids was who was the last ‘superstar’ we signed?
We have options in his position to manage his integration and game time, if it’s a loan the financial risk would be limited to c15m in a years wages. Arguably we spunked 2 thirds of that on Ndombele’s wages, not withstanding whatever his value has dropped to if we sold him.
I’d like to think for one season at least Kane wouldn’t have an issue with not being on parity with a 4 x CL winner if it improves the team and the chances if winning something. Then any decisions on whether to sign him permanently, on what wages and Kane’s parity would be a lot easier after seeing what relative impact the signing has made.
The conditions really are the only way we can take a reasonable risk, for a player of this status who actually has a link to the club and fans. If it was - fee and a three year contract on 300k+ per week it would be a different situation entirely. On a tiny note he might be a good guide for Sessegnon’s career trajectory too.

Why can Bale not be paid more than Kane?

Why can Bale not be paid more than Kane?

You need some discipline in a salary structure otherwise our wage bill will spiral out of control. Say we pay Bale £250k or £300k...guess what happens next summer? Offers for Kane from Man U or others are rumoured and Levy gets a call from Kane's agent - suddenly his wage goes to £300k (or we have to sell). Someone who has historically been at half Kane's level will then want £150k rather than £100k....

Thee more I think about us signign Bale though, the more I think we should do it. There has to be a decent chance Kane will leave soon unless we can demonstrate ambition and likely challenges for trophies...Bale will help keep Kane IMO

You need some discipline in a salary structure otherwise our wage bill will spiral out of control. Say we pay Bale £250k or £300k...guess what happens next summer? Offers for Kane from Man U or others are rumoured and Levy gets a call from Kane's agent - suddenly his wage goes to £300k (or we have to sell). Someone who has historically been at half Kane's level will then want £150k rather than £100k....

Thee more I think about us signign Bale though, the more I think we should do it. There has to be a decent chance Kane will leave soon unless we can demonstrate ambition and likely challenges for trophies...Bale will help keep Kane IMO
Why will it scale out of control? Why would Kane’s agent call because we’re paying a world class superstar more than his client? Did Benzema’s agent do the same when Madrid signed Bale?

Whether or not we sign Bale and do or don’t pay him huge money makes no difference to what Man Utd or whoever would pay Harry Kane.

In our next contract negotiation with Kane (which would probably be next summer) we will have to pay him more anyway, probably the sort of amount we’d have to pay Bale if Madrid we’re paying half his salary. That is a given whether or not we sign Bale.

I happen to think that Kane won’t sign a new deal at Spurs anyway, he would be mad to given the fact that he is now at his peak and risks a career winning little to nothing. Us signing a genuine superstar like Bale would actually probably sway that the other way IMO and might convince Harry that we actually do mean business and really want to push to win things.

Back