• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

It feels like a lifetime is passing during the time Robert Peston waffles his way through a question, and Boris waffles his way through the answer.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing the Covid Marshalls patrolling the mean streets with their tape measures. He just makes stuff up there and then, presumably?

Still, good that he turned up.

So my daughter has a high temp today, but she’s sniffly so unlikely to have COVID. Nevertheless we are sticking to the government guidelines to self isolate the whole family. She has just started a new school and my son has just gone back last week for the 1st time since March. I work in the community and will also have to self isolate. Understandably we want to test my daughter quickly so we can send her and my son back to school and I can return to work. The NHS site advises no home tests available, no walk-in test centres and the only drive through test centres are Inverness and Aberdeen - we live in London! This is really shambolic from the Government.

So my daughter has a high temp today, but she’s sniffly so unlikely to have COVID. Nevertheless we are sticking to the government guidelines to self isolate the whole family. She has just started a new school and my son has just gone back last week for the 1st time since March. I work in the community and will also have to self isolate. Understandably we want to test my daughter quickly so we can send her and my son back to school and I can return to work. The NHS site advises no home tests available, no walk-in test centres and the only drive through test centres are Inverness and Aberdeen - we live in London! This is really shambolic from the Government.

FWIW a walk in centre exists in Harslden, However, I have no idea how you get an appointment. I got a test there in August by selecteding "Car", then when picking the place you could change it to "walk-in". However, I just checked on your behalf and it just says "This service is busy try again later" with zero options.

As you say, a total shambles that nobody can get tested - you are ultimately being punished with 2 weeks lost income for trying to do the right thing.

Yeah just not reported

A lot of the UKs problem is the people not what the government says, the number of times I’ve heard people say that it’s all over and they are going to parties and not wearing masks.

If the self entitled tacos that make up most of the uk population actually spent a few moments regulating themselves rather than moaning about not being told what to do we would be in a much better place than we are now

Yeah just not reported

A lot of the UKs problem is the people not what the government says, the number of times I’ve heard people say that it’s all over and they are going to parties and not wearing masks.

If the self entitled tacos that make up most of the uk population actually spent a few moments regulating themselves rather than moaning about not being told what to do we would be in a much better place than we are now

the panic return to pubs and restaurants has caused that, there are a lot of people who think "if wetherspoons is safe, where isn't?"

ill defined, confused and rushed messaging is a huge failing by this government

Yeah just not reported

tickle my balls with a feather, i suppose it just confirms my thoughts on a lot of the population, they have not got the brains they were born with and are brain dead macaron s.

Are other countries other than the US and UK handling it this badly?

Probably not, not defending it, in fact my post condemns our handling off it, hence slow death

The point is was making is globally this is not going to end well for anyone, everyone is going two steps forward and three back almost daily, for me the worry is larger than who is doing better, I think we are on the brink of an almost major scale melt down on an entire global scale. To a country everyone is scared of its own shadow.

the panic return to pubs and restaurants has caused that, there are a lot of people who think "if wetherspoons is safe, where isn't?"

ill defined, confused and rushed messaging is a huge failing by this government

For me I am starting to get miffed about the over protection of pubs. I do not get it.

If you look at the lock down, the one industry or area that went back sooner than anything with more lapse rules was the pub, I can walk 5 mins now to my local and flout rules whilst if I go to the bank I live by a different standard.

Its like the order of normality was Pubs, Schools, Work.....

Back