• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matt Doherty

I’d like levy to buy a time machine and buy the Kyle walker of five years ago. But his name is walker and yet he runs really fast. Which is confusing. I hope he sounds like Murray walker. The man who used to commentate on car racing. Cars are fast. And so is Kyle walker. Even though walkers aren’t as fast as runners. Maybe there is a right back called Clive Runner-Scorer? Or Bill Any Team News Yet.
We did try that with Kyle Walker Peters...

Always prefer us to sign more established players. But I guess anyone will be better than Aurier in his position now. Didn't follow much of him but hope Matt Doherty will be a good signing for us. He reminds me of Gary Doherty, the defender who played as a striker for us in the early 2000s. Mind you, Gary Doherty scored against Arsenal in the 2001 FA Cup semi final. Gary scored 4 goals in 64 matches for us. Will Matt score more than Gary for us ?
You must have been really disappointed with how many clean sheets Stephen Clemence kept for us...

I don't know why I was excited with this transfer, maybe because our signings are starting to make sense again.

but my head says he's not going to be a significant upgrade, perhaps trading consistency for less attacking flair or whatever Aurier does there.

Or maybe its my old spurs fan self protection instincts kicking in....

Sent from my SM-G985F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He's been involved in more goals than Aurier over the last few seasons, so I don't think that we're sacrificing attacking flair. Aurier is better at taking players on but Doherty has better delivery and goalscoring threat.

Gets him a pre season game

he’ll probably get injured

hqdefault.jpg

Why are we letting a new signing play in a meaningless game for another team?

Meaningless game????
It's a competitive international. It's the new manger's first game in charge.
It's the most looked forward to Irish game since Euro 2016.

Could you be anymore insular about what international football means to other countries that don't hate their international side?

There is nothing the club can do. It's mandatory international release.

Meaningless game????

Could you be anymore insular about what international football means to other countries that don't hate their international side?

I’ll certainly try.

They couldn't take a more flattering photo of our new signing?
The club knows the fans love a super handsome signing. This picture obviously means that a super handsome signing isn't coming, it will be someone reasonably good looking (for a super fit professional athlete). To make that next signing stand out a bit more the club posts less flattering pictures of Doherty.

No Giroud then... ITK badge please.

Meaningless game????

But living in England your told at every opportunity to hate the English, so if an English person bemoans international football or queries why people from other countries like their national side it is not really the English person's fault, it is how we have been conditioned.

Im to old and tired to fight it anymore. If you support independent national states, you a racist lad.

Always prefer us to sign more established players. But I guess anyone will be better than Aurier in his position now. Didn't follow much of him but hope Matt Doherty will be a good signing for us. He reminds me of Gary Doherty, the defender who played as a striker for us in the early 2000s. Mind you, Gary Doherty scored against Arsenal in the 2001 FA Cup semi final. Gary scored 4 goals in 64 matches for us. Will Matt score more than Gary for us ?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/sep/08/robot-wrote-this-article-gpt-3

But living in England your told at every opportunity to hate the English, so if an English person bemoans international football or queries why people from other countries like their national side it is not really the English person's fault, it is how we have been conditioned.

Im to old and tired to fight it anymore. If you support independent national states, you a racist lad.

These days if you say your English, you'll be arrested and thrown in jail.

But seriously I think its down the boring nature of qualifying for the big teams. It's like watching Tottenham in the group stage of the Europa for 2 years straight.
For smaller teams these qualifying games are everything. Each one of them matters.

You end up with a situation where people are England fans for 3 weeks every other summer. It's hard to build connection with a team that way.

Back