• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Wasn't Conte the manager when they bought him? This seems very strange. It's hardly a case that Arsenal or another English club will take him and Inter acted as an intermediary?

I feel for the lad. It ended badly here and I didn't like how he carried on at times but I still have good time for him.
What did he do wrong? Do you know something we don't?

True his form was awful for many months prior to his departure but we may never how much this was or was not affected by what was going on behind the scenes. If there was ever any truth in the more lurid rumours then it's hardly surprising he became so unsettled he wanted out.

Maybe one day the truth will out; meanwhile in the absence of any concrete evidence that he deliberately chose to shortchange the club I'd argue he deserves is the benefit of the doubt.

What did he do wrong? Do you know something we don't?

True his form was awful for many months prior to his departure but we may never how much this was or was not affected by what was going on behind the scenes. If there was ever any truth in the more lurid rumours then it's hardly surprising he became so unsettled he wanted out.

Maybe one day the truth will out; meanwhile in the absence of any concrete evidence that he deliberately chose to shortchange the club I'd argue he deserves is the benefit of the doubt.

I’m judging it on some of his performances. They were diabolical. And I rarely buy into the “he’s not trying” argument but against Liverpool at home, he wasn’t trying. There were a couple of challenges where he was favourite to win them and he wimped out. That’s the sort of stuff I didn’t like. I know nothing about the off field situation.

He also doesn’t seem the sort of character that could walk back into the dressing room and front it out.

He would be returning with his tail between his legs and I think a few players might just let him know that.

I don't specifically recall the Liverpool game but I do agree that on occasion he did appear to 'wimp out,' as you put it. But where I differ totally is in interpretation of what was actually happening.

It seemed pretty obvious to me that here was a player going through a private hell of some sort. It's why I've always suspected there may have been a germ of truth in some of those lurid Twitter rumours.

You may recall they very much coincided with his request for a transfer, his sudden relegation to the bench after having been Mr Reliable for so long, and then the subsequent dramatic loss of form. But whether true or false, those 'revelations' would undoubtedly have affected him. He looked but a shadow of the player we know he can be.

Anyone who's ever been in a similar place will know that that's exactly the sort of thing that mental torture can do to you. The real surprise was that despite his personal problems he continued to play whenever asked. For me that points to bravery rather than abject cowardice.

But I guess we all have our own way of interpreting what we see in front of us, and for all I know it's me who's got it all completely wrong. I just prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt until proved wrong. Especially as until that annus horribilis for him he had always been such an outstanding servant of the club, someone who helped us reach heights we had not seen for decades.

I don't specifically recall the Liverpool game but I do agree that on occasion he did appear to 'wimp out,' as you put it. But where I differ totally is in interpretation of what was actually happening.

It seemed pretty obvious to me that here was a player going through a private hell of some sort. It's why I've always suspected there may have been a germ of truth in some of those lurid Twitter rumours.

You may recall they very much coincided with his request for a transfer, his sudden relegation to the bench after having been Mr Reliable for so long, and then the subsequent dramatic loss of form. But whether true or false, those 'revelations' would undoubtedly have affected him. He looked but a shadow of the player we know he can be.

Anyone who's ever been in a similar place will know that that's exactly the sort of thing that mental torture can do to you. The real surprise was that despite his personal problems he continued to play whenever asked. For me that points to bravery rather than abject cowardice.

But I guess we all have our own way of interpreting what we see in front of us, and for all I know it's me who's got it all completely wrong. I just prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt until proved wrong. Especially as until that annus horribilis for him he had always been such an outstanding servant of the club, someone who helped us reach heights we had not seen for decades.

There's a lot of supposition in there about something that's really no more than a fan rumour. However, if that is the case, I'd give him some sympathy but he's a pro and the least he can do is put in the effort when he's on the pitch. Far more likely for me is that fact he was close to the end of his contract and didn't want to get injured. Particularly as the Liverpool game was in January and it was the first time I'd blatantly seen it.

I've no problem with his bad performances. He gave an absolutely terrible performance for 75 mins away to Olympiacos. Really awful. He lost possession a ridiculous amount of times (the commentators gave the figure it was so bad). But I actually gave him credit for that performance because he never shied away from the ball. That took guts. And for the last 15 mins, he started to look like a player again.

I don't believe there is ever any excuse for wimping out of challenges. When you're doing that, you aren't being even remotely professional and that's unforgivable.

There's a lot of supposition in there about something that's really no more than a fan rumour. However, if that is the case, I'd give him some sympathy but he's a pro and the least he can do is put in the effort when he's on the pitch. Far more likely for me is that fact he was close to the end of his contract and didn't want to get injured. Particularly as the Liverpool game was in January and it was the first time I'd blatantly seen it.

I've no problem with his bad performances. He gave an absolutely terrible performance for 75 mins away to Olympiacos. Really awful. He lost possession a ridiculous amount of times (the commentators gave the figure it was so bad). But I actually gave him credit for that performance because he never shied away from the ball. That took guts. And for the last 15 mins, he started to look like a player again.

I don't believe there is ever any excuse for wimping out of challenges. When you're doing that, you aren't being even remotely professional and that's unforgivable.
Fair enough, that's your take and you are perfectly entitled to your opinion but in my experience things are rarely as cut and dried as they seem on the surface. I therefore hesitate to judge until at least I've heard the other side of the story.

Fair enough, that's your take and you are perfectly entitled to your opinion but in my experience things are rarely as cut and dried as they seem on the surface. I therefore hesitate to judge until at least I've heard the other side of the story.
What did you make of Jose’s comments in all or nothing around players being out of contract not wanting to fight in 50/50s?
Eriksen was turning 50/50s in 20/80s against as he was prettified of his position IMO
He was never a physical player but he was getting worse and the contract piece has to be a big part of that
Shame as it damages the brilliance we saw from him but also it seems it’s acceptable and expected by people in football

Back