• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

All or Nothing - spoilers

Wasn't too bad! Had mixed emotions throughout. At first pride at how Spurs has come on. We could have been like Everton or GHod help us Wham. Seeing us 'from a distance' we're an impressive club now.

I didn't think Poch came across well, we didn't see him coaching at all. Just saw him looking forlorn and a bit washed up. His depression post final seemed to carry through the club and he and the team were tired from a long season.

It is not a binge-watch, is best consumed one or max two at a time. By the third, it's less exciting.

We knew a coach is a psychologist - a core part of the job. But watching this suggests its more or less all Mourinho does. It doesn't give you any insight into the tactics or details training work. No doubt you'd keep anything you didn't want to be aired out of reach of the camera. So the scope is limited, which does make it a bit repetitive.

Still gives you a basic flavor of life inside Spurs.

Wasn't too bad! Had mixed emotions throughout. At first pride at how Spurs has come on. We could have been like Everton or GHod help us Wham. Seeing us 'from a distance' we're an impressive club now.

I didn't think Poch came across well, we didn't see him coaching at all. Just saw him looking forlorn and a bit washed up. His depression post final seemed to carry through the club and he and the team were tired from a long season.

It is not a binge-watch, is best consumed one or max two at a time. By the third, it's less exciting.

We knew a coach is a psychologist - a core part of the job. But watching this suggests its more or less all Mourinho does. It doesn't give you any insight into the tactics or details training work. No doubt you'd keep anything you didn't want to be aired out of reach of the camera. So the scope is limited, which does make it a bit repetitive.

Still gives you a basic flavor of life inside Spurs.

There was one question Poch was asked where he just looked like a rabbit in the headlights and answered "That's normal, no?" I think it was after the Bayern game. The answer barely related to the question. It did come across that he was fed up, out of ideas, broken and wanted out. It's a one-dimensional portrayal but I'm sure there was truth in it too.

We well and truly broke him.

I clocked that - was such an odd response, but as you say, more symptomatic of his brain being turned to mush.

There was one question Poch was asked where he just looked like a rabbit in the headlights and answered "That's normal, no?" I think it was after the Bayern game. The answer barely related to the question. It did come across that he was fed up, out of ideas, broken and wanted out. It's a one-dimensional portrayal but I'm sure there was truth in it too.

We well and truly broke him.

I clocked that - was such an odd response, but as you say, more symptomatic of his brain being turned to mush.

Poch could be quite surly with the press throughout his time with us. It is part of the job that he clearly didn't enjoy.

He was against the Amazon doc happening. I suspect part of the decision to only give him 20 minutes of the first episode is that they didn't get a lot of usable content from him.

Poch could be quite surly with the press throughout his time with us. It is part of the job that he clearly didn't enjoy.

He was against the Amazon doc happening. I suspect part of the decision to only give him 20 minutes of the first episode is that they didn't get a lot of usable content from him.

Quite probably true but the question I'm referring to was from the press I think rather than Amazon. And he just looked lost rather than tinkled.

Quite probably true but the question I'm referring to was from the press I think rather than Amazon. And he just looked lost rather than tinkled.

I know the bit that you are talking about. He was never a bundle of laughs in post match press conferences after a loss. There were a quite a few of those towards the end of his tenure.

I know the bit that you are talking about. He was never a bundle of laughs in post match press conferences after a loss. There were a quite a few of those towards the end of his tenure.

TBH who isnt?

Pep walked out of some early ones, Mourinho has a love hate relationship with press, Klopp even has the odd pop, had one recently over a pretty generic question.

I think it was worse for Poch at the end because the press drive an agenda to put the push on the sack, they always do it as its a belief they have the control to make or break an appointment. Then they drive the tetchy and clearly flustered card, when you really just have to take into account they are asking some pretty leading questions after some bad results.

My mate works on the sports desk at the Mirror and was with the Mail and 100% there are journos out there, especially the elites who believe if they start rounding on a manager they can influence sackings.

Well if he’d not written that bloody book, maybe he would’ve had some sort of leverage against Amazon.

No doubt he was tinkled at the press during the last knockings, mainly as he didn’t feel they were judging us within the context that we were operating in, but he still looks spent, rather than tetchy, to me. He could be charismatic and would attempt to use the press for his own ends, when he hadn’t been quite so worn down by everything, IMO.

In honour of Jose, from now on I will refer to the fact that ‘my dimensions are universal’ whenever I can.

Regardless of if it’s relevant or not.

I have watched it and it is what it is, we dont come off bad, its not embarrassing and I take out of it as a Spurs fan that I get to see more than I usually would. The editing and staged bits do not bother me in the slightest, its not made to win any awards.

Ultimately the purpose of this is to raise the clubs profile and is part of a bigger exercise on visibility and from that perspective it achieves its goals.

The take away parts on what I saw are Mourinho does what you expect, lots of charm, def aware of the camera and in terms of his handling of players you can see he plays the puppet master, his dealing with Aurier, Dele, Harry etc is all what you would expect. He comes off well but I expected him too, its his bag.

Agree with most points above, am looking forward to watching the rest of it.

It serves as a good reminder that we hadn't won away for 10 months, we'd only won 2 from 8 (nearly as bad as when Ramos left us with 2 points from 8) and were 14th, spirit was terrible, Poch was broken, so something had to change.

Interesting that Levy said there are 2 elite managers, one is already in the Prem* and the other is Mourinho.

*I assumed Klopp but someone pointed out Pep, and there are LOTS of other elite managers in Europe, surely!?

A bit worrying, in that awkwardly set conversation, how Levy and Mou were discussing Eriksen. They were baffled and had no clue how it would play out, they were not talking to the agent... they eventually decide to try and persuade him to stay. I thought Levy was a hard-nosed businessman and would force him out pronto and get some cash, but he just vacillated and procrastinated until it was too late.

In honour of Jose, from now on I will refer to the fact that ‘my dimensions are universal’ whenever I can.

Regardless of if it’s relevant or not.

Can see that future conversation with your physician now -

'Mr.Jon, I recommend a bit more exercise, as your dimensions are a shade too universal.' :p

Wonder if that line is in Mourinho's Tinder bio, tbh.

Agree with most points above, am looking forward to watching the rest of it.

It serves as a good reminder that we hadn't won away for 10 months, we'd only won 2 from 8 (nearly as bad as when Ramos left us with 2 points from 8) and were 14th, spirit was terrible, Poch was broken, so something had to change.

Interesting that Levy said there are 2 elite managers, one is already in the Prem* and the other is Mourinho.

*I assumed Klopp but someone pointed out Pep, and there are LOTS of other elite managers in Europe, surely!?

A bit worrying, in that awkwardly set conversation, how Levy and Mou were discussing Eriksen. They were baffled and had no clue how it would play out, they were not talking to the agent... they eventually decide to try and persuade him to stay. I thought Levy was a hard-nosed businessman and would force him out pronto and get some cash, but he just vacillated and procrastinated until it was too late.

Think he was talking just premier league current managers. Given this was filmed before Liverpool won the league I would assume he was referring to Pep. Probably tells us who Levy would go for once Jose is no longer around assuming Pep is available.
Pep’s achievements and trophy haul obliterates most managers in world football but right now I’d say Klopp is ahead of him given that he’s won the title with less resources than Pep. And he won back to back titles against Bayern, again with less resources than his main rival.

Think he was talking just premier league current managers. Given this was filmed before Liverpool won the league I would assume he was referring to Pep. Probably tells us who Levy would go for once Jose is no longer around assuming Pep is available.
Pep’s achievements and trophy haul obliterates most managers in world football but right now I’d say Klopp is ahead of him given that he’s won the title with less resources than Pep. And he won back to back titles against Bayern, again with less resources than his main rival.

Yeah I've no doubt he meant Pep. If this was being done next season he may change his opinion to add Klopp.

It's obviously as staged and edited as any reality show out there, but if you take it for what it is, it’s quite interesting. And entertaining.

You get a glimpse behind the scenes, and at least some of the player interviews are more thoughtful and interesting than the usual pre/post match drivel.

Jose seems quite a character. Looks a great man manager from the first three episodes. He comes across well.

I think the show so far reflects well on the club too. A lot of community work stuff, great stadium, engaged players, conflicts played down - a good PR exercise.

I enjoyed the first three episodes and will be looking forward to the rest.

I loved the bit where Jose and his assistants were assessing the squad on the first day or so and they were saying things like Harry is a quiet leader, Jan is a warrior who always wants to play even when injured etc., Then someone says apparently Sissoko is a strong voice in the dressing room and they all looked at each other a bit shocked haha!

They are both fluent in Portuguese, why struggle along in Jose’s good but imperfect English when you can be completely flawless in your mother tongue?
How do we know Eric’s Portuguese is any better than Jose’s English? Anyway, it’s not a big deal. Just felt a bit jarring / staged given they both speak English, that’s all.

Back