• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

All or Nothing - spoilers

I was surprised! I liked it. And I liked Mourinho! Apart from calling out Aurier before a match in front of the whole team, I thought he did well. I didn't always understand what he meant by certain things, but he's certainly easier to understand than Poch, and he's just got to be a better motivator, the way I see it.

Interesting. It's just a tiny glimpse, but I liked the insight! Positively surprised, I've got to say.

And about Kane's pep talks, yeah, they're not great, but what the fudge do people expect? It's not going to be some braveheart warrior call, obviously. He's a 27 or something year old kid that's very good at football. He's not some HR trained psychologist.

Last edited:
I've just watched the first 3 episodes of the Jose Mourinho Show.
Why were we ever worried about this? Some bits might be cringe, some will be fodder for fans of other teams if they bother to watch, but unless there's a nasty surprise in future episodes, it's comfortable watching, sometimes entertaining and, dare I say it, sometimes a bit dull/repetitive. I'm glad there are only 3 episodes to watch now. I feel I've had my fill of it for a week.

I thought the Poch situation was handled quite well. It couldn't be ignored or brushed over, but it wasn't too harsh on him (it was however harsh on us fans having to watch all the Bayern goals again, thanks for that Amazon). Notable that Harry Winks' go-to places for news on Mourninho's appointment were Sky Sports, Instagram and the Daily Mail.

The 1:1s with the players feel a bit staged or are at least heavily edited as the 'conversations' are very one-sided. I'm sure Mourinho's first player meeting would have been with Hugo, but it made it look like it was with Kane. I found the one with Dele quite interesting in terms of Mourinho's approach. I could see him becoming quite frustrated with Dele over time.

The dressing room scenes surprised me a bit as I expected them to be a bit more lively but everyone looks either fed up (eg Vertonghen, Kane), sad (eg Son), p1ssed off (Dele), or is throwing dagger looks at Mourinho (Aurier). Kane needs another line other than "let's f*cking win this".
I thought we might see a bit more of the interaction between the players, especially after Mourinho's debrief after Utd away and Kane calling out the team as lazy, saying everyone blames everyone else, then he blames everyone else.
I imagine there were contractual restrictions with how much player involvement there could be.

Glad to see no mention of the Rudiger incident in the coverage of the Chelsea game.

Good overall, interesting bits, less-interesting bits. Good to see behind the scenes. Looking forward to the remaining episodes but glad of a break before they're available. Can't quite decide what I think of Mourinho.

Yeah I was struck by that too. The dressing room seems very quiet. We need some real leaders. Kane tries his best but he can’t do it on his own. I haven’t watched the Emirates Marketing Project version of this show but I honestly can’t imagine the likes of Kompany for example being so quiet.

It’s very well edited, I’m delighted about that personally, what Spurs fan wouldn’t be? Total PR job for the club, love it.

I enjoyed it but I wouldn't bother if it was a different club. I'm only watching because it's us. You're absolutely right, this is a PR job which is great because I was fearing we'd come out of this looking stupid.

I see Kane getting quite a bit of stick online for his pep talks but I thought they were okay. Not Obama or anything but it's what I'd expect. He's got a great attitude and he's driven.

Jose's man management is great too. You see on the first day he says to Kane "two kids? You go home and see me tomorrow". That's brilliant man management. To know Kane has two kids and to make sure he dropped that in early is clever stuff from Jose.

I have to say that I really enjoyed it. I recently completed a questionnaire for the club that focused a lot on a possible subscription for Spurs TV that would show first team games, THFC ladies games, yoof team games, etc. Combined with the N17 showing of the pre-season friendlies, there could be enough Tottenham content on the telly to prevent me from leaving the house again, especially given the present circumstances.

I really like it! Can't wait for the next episodes! It's not a lot of earth shattering new info, but it's interesting to at least get a little look into what happens inside the club. I got the feeling that Vertongen was all his choice, and that he just wanted another chapter for his final days as a footballer. My impression is that the Eriksen situation was solely his agent. I think the agent sold Eriksen something he could not deliver, and ultimately leading us to having no option other than to sell.

I really like it! Can't wait for the next episodes! It's not a lot of earth shattering new info, but it's interesting to at least get a little look into what happens inside the club. I got the feeling that Vertongen was all his choice, and that he just wanted another chapter for his final days as a footballer. My impression is that the Eriksen situation was solely his agent. I think the agent sold Eriksen something he could not deliver, and ultimately leading us to having no option other than to sell.

I was very surprised by how little Levy seemed to know about the Eriksen situation. I wonder was that just for the cameras to sell it to us that the agent was the problem. Jose also seemed to have the same doubts about Eriksen that a lot of fans had.

Id give anything to see Levy properly in action. In a negotiation or something but that obviously won’t happen. We’re getting the “butter wouldn’t melt” version of Dr Evil.

I was very surprised by how little Levy seemed to know about the Eriksen situation. I wonder was that just for the cameras to sell it to us that the agent was the problem. Jose also seemed to have the same doubts about Eriksen that a lot of fans had.

Id give anything to see Levy properly in action. In a negotiation or something but that obviously won’t happen. We’re getting the “butter wouldn’t melt” version of Dr Evil.

Levy literally feels like he's looking down the camera directly at us half the time with those staged-ass conversations.

"Eriksen's agent is the problem, heard nothing from him, 20 million so at least the fans know we tried", etc. :p

However, to the doco's credit, those and the 'fudge Off' bits were the only things I felt were staged. Levy himself came across more genuine in the straightforward interview bits - the cowardly way he sacked Poch aside, you can tell he hurts a bit from that, and it's good to see some humanity from ol' Dr.Cheap.

Also good to see he knows people think he's a cheapskate, which is the least I can ask for. :)

Good stuff, look forward to the next three episodes. Four interesting things that stood out to me were a) the differences in Mourinho's office conversations with Dele and Dier, b) the tininess of the manager's office, c) the worryingly dead-pan way Kane interacts with Mourinho, and d) how broken Poch looked at the end.

With the first, Dier's conversation with Mourinho is pretty much two adult professionals having a working conversation - the sort of chat I have with my boss about career development, my professional ambitions and so on. Dele, by contrast, acts like a giggling schoolkid being called in for a reprimand by the headmaster, and with things like the toothpaste conversation, you're reminded just how much of a kid he really is despite having a harder childhood than Eric did. The difference between the two is pretty stark.

With the second, it's hilarious that Levy builds a shining, world-renowned training ground and then gives his first-team manager a broom cabinet to work out of. Says it all about the man, really. :p

With the third...I won't lie, it worries me that Kane is so non-committal when it comes to wanting to be a star *at Tottenham*. He absolutely wants to be up there with Messi and Ronaldo, but I guess it doesn't necessarily have to happen at Tottenham, and that he knows it and seemed a bit nonplussed by Mourinho's 'Imma make you a star, kid' sales spiel just hurts. I mean, we all know he's off if we win nothing this year, but it still hurts, y'know?

Lastly...it was utterly heartbreaking to watch Poch lose steam and look like a haunted man by the end of it all. That close up of him saying 'it's normal' with all the burdens of the world etched onto his crumbling face just broke me. :(

Always my manager - I tolerate Mourinho, but I will always want Poch back here. He is us.

Half way through the first episode. I've edited enough reality TV to see the joins and it is just bog-standard reality TV, except it's about Spurs. Nice whooshes and boom sound effects, but as with most of this dross it's rushing past everything to get to the end. I'll keep watching though. It's less depressing than what's going on outside.
I really felt some of the ‘Jose to player’ conversations in his office were heavily chopped. The conversations didn’t flow, and it felt like huge chunks had been chopped out.

There’s obviously loads, especially within the managers office and changing room that has to be cut out but I enjoyed the bits we have been allowed to see.
I’d like to have seen more of Poch and his interactions with individuals and training whilst trying to address the slide.
Agree with the comments about Dele coming across as juvenile, I will add a smile in the face of being told off can be a substitute for being embarrassed rather than not caring.
Having watched all 3 it’s reminded me of how I felt at each point, there was that initial bounce where we we got Dele firing again and picked up victories where we’d essentially put the game to bed but conceded a couple late on, starting with an away win at the most willing of party poopers West Ham, come back against Olympiacos with a first half sub being classic Mourinho and the antithesis if the oft maligned late Poch subs. Then a reality check at Old Trafford which if the script had been followed properly should have been Mourinho putting one over his old club. Then Burnley 5-0, the biggest win for quite some time, a first clean sheet, with a wonder goal, the free scoring Sissoko another testament to the special ones managerial genius and as he predicted the erosion of the gap to Chelsea. Late winner at Wolves, want away Eriksen coming off the bench, beats the first man from a corner for the veteran in his final season, super Jan to head home. Then Chelsea at home, bitter rivals and the club that adored and then sacked Mourinho, his former player now as manager, again if the script a pivotal game for Mourinho but again the team didn’t turn up. Forgot just how bad that Rudiger overreaction was to Son’s stupid kick out and just as I was at the time was expecting us to get back into the game in the second half!
I’m not expecting any huge revelations but it is a useful diary of the season and view into some of the internal workings of the club. What does come across is that Mourinho is hugely experienced and an astute judge and circumstances beyond his control hamstrung our progress. You can see why his methods might not have worked as well at United due to the larger egos at play. I’m looking forward to his reaction to some of the later games and when we started to willingly cede possession as a tactic, given all his statements about the approach to date.
Levy’s performance was a little odd, he didn’t strike me as a particularly confident communicator and seemed a little in awe of Jose!
Ed: Forgot how susceptible to long shots Gazzaniga looked during his run in goal, plus the Chelsea abomination makes me think more and more that Hart is here as second choice.

Back