• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2020/21 Premier League Thread

Just 12 seemed ridiculous spin. Most or majority would be just as valid with the opposite spin. Only 8 didn't report positive tests seems a more appropriate statement.

The problem is it takes two clubs to play a game. How many of the opening weeks fixtures involve two teams with no cases? Probably only a few.

"Just 12 clubs" ?!
So only over half.

I think the Govt will do all it can to keep football going over winter. But it's going to be interesting.
Just 12 seemed ridiculous spin. Most or majority would be just as valid with the opposite spin. Only 8 didn't report positive tests seems a more appropriate statement.

The problem is it takes two clubs to play a game. How many of the opening weeks fixtures involve two teams with no cases? Probably only a few.

The headline isn't downplaying it, it's the opposite - or at least that's how I read it. i.e. it has only taken testing at 12 clubs to produce 14 positive tests.
And I think at that stage not all PL clubs had finished their testing either, so the count across all clubs could be higher.

The headline isn't downplaying it, it's the opposite - or at least that's how I read it. i.e. it has only taken testing at 12 clubs to produce 14 positive tests.
And I think at that stage not all PL clubs had finished their testing either, so the count across all clubs could be higher.

Yh the headlines stating an issue not praising

All Liverpool do is play it out wide to Robertson, who tries to cross. They've tried that about 27 times in the last 5 minutes.
Hopefully that’ll be Aubameyang’s last goal in an ARSEnal shirt and he’ll bugger off to a team which can provide him with CL football.

All Liverpool do is play it out wide to Robertson, who tries to cross. They've tried that about 27 times in the last 5 minutes.

They do it on both sides with TAA aswell. Its what won them the league, if you look at alot of their goals most of them are scrappy where a team fail to clear the cross properly.

They do it on both sides with TAA aswell. Its what won them the league, if you look at alot of their goals most of them are scrappy where a team fail to clear the cross properly.

We would do it too if we had two world class full backs with the range of passing of Scholes and the crossing ability of Beckham. Both of them have the quality in terms of passing to play CM in the future. Also helps they have forwards that are good in the air.

We would do it too if we had two world class full backs with the range of passing of Scholes and the crossing ability of Beckham. Both of them have the quality in terms of passing to play CM in the future. Also helps they have forwards that are good in the air.
You think Spurs fans are restless under Mourinho?

Imagine the reaction if we played the victims' "chuck it in the mixer" style.

You think Spurs fans are restless under Mourinho?

Imagine the reaction if we played the victims' "chuck it in the mixer" style.

Call me naive, but I think a lot of Spurs fans are fed up of seeing the team fall at the final hurdle. Generally speaking, I felt the fans didn’t believe the team could get over the line in finals and big league games and saw the rationale behind bringing Mourinho in, even if they don’t agree with his methods or like his style of play, and yes some of them still pine for Poch which is understandable. My only question marks re Jose are is he past his best and has he been left behind by younger managers who play more attacking and progressive football.

I dare say you’ll disagree but I don’t think that’s true at all about Liverpool being a chuck it in the mixer team. They can be direct at times but so we were under Poch with Toby’s long balls to Alli. And as mentioned before, they have two world class full backs who could play CM with their range of crossing/passing. Any team with FB’s of their talent would milk their crossing ability. I can’t stand Salah and I think Firmino is overhyped but you can’t fault the way their front three link up. A lot of their goals also come from assists from Salah and Firmino’s build up play.

Back