• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Another shooting in Murica

Thank you for your reply Steff ( not sure i agree with all you have said but that does no matter)you seem to be the only one who has watched it and had a comment on it. I just wanted to know why so few had either ignored it or dismissed it out of hand ( maybe did not match their views on what was raised in it).

I watched it when it was first posted. Don’t have anything to add to what Steff has already said. Not sure it required calling posters out.

I believe in equality between everyone (except gingers ofc) just as much as you.

I just don't believe what we've seen is evidence the way you do.

I didn't call you a racist for a reason. I don't believe you are one. Just felt I needed to get that out there.

Yes hence why I felt I needed to say this. I apologise.
Thanks - for the record I don't think that's your normal train of thought either.

There's more than one way to oppose racism. I'm not going to start accusing people or entire workforces of racism without more evidence than a white person shooting a black one.

Thank you for your reply Steff ( not sure i agree with all you have said but that does no matter)you seem to be the only one who has watched it and had a comment on it. I just wanted to know why so few had either ignored it or dismissed it out of hand ( maybe did not match their views on what was raised in it).

Fair enough mate, and absolutely.

Honest question as i dont know. Can you sue for police brutality and do officers get sacked for casesof brutality?

It is as plain as day that the police out there have a problem with racial profiling and then treating black people far far worse then they do white people.

Feels to me like a war them against us. Trump is inflaming that feel as far as i can see. I can not see a way out of it even if biden wins. What it needs is a black president to do a nelson Mandela type move and unite a country with a no revenge but moving forward type mandate otherwise one side will always feel aggrieved.

Saddens me what is happening out there really wanted to visit the west coast.

Pretty much nutshell it mate.
The seeds of division and anger sewn repeatedly by Trump and his aides.Of course, the conditions in which black America has lived for too long are contributing factors too. As for the police, I maintain there have been poor hiring practices, that they are overwhelmed and largely under-trained to deal with much of what they now deal with, and that the chaos/fear ball has some in certain states most certainly reacting in bias ways even though they might not recognize it as such. It is giant fudging mess. And this latest thing with the 17 year old magnifies it tenfold.

How many people complying with officers' instructions have been shot lately? Do you have a race breakdown for those figures too?

You're doing it again. You insert these small "details" and they become part of the narrative. You have suggested that I said the police would've "shot him" had he been black. Whilst that is absolutely a very possible outcome, my main thrust was to illustrate that the 17 year old would not have been allowed to walk on freely. He would've been stopped in some fashion by the police - and in this case, they'd have been doing their jobs properly as the 17 year old is a murderer.

You live in a world where statistics and figures appear to dominate your thinking as opposed to informing aspects of it. As we both know, statistics and figures are only worth the bodies from which they are generated; it is hard to find political stats which are wholly universal as achieving such sample sizes is virtually impossible.I deleted a response to the crime stats exchange we had based on this sentiment.

If you could step out from your desk, slip on the silk smoking jacket and get the pipe and slippers too for a leisurely ponder in the clubhouse chair, you'd allow yourself to admit that "yes, it is obvious a 17 year old black male with a large firearm would not have been allowed to walk away from the scene of an active crime."

The officers who let him walk away should be sacked. It is very fortunate that this frontally-lobe-challenged misfit didn't shoot more people.

Last edited:
"It's not the police who need to be retrained, it's the public. We have grown into a mouthy, mobile phone wielding, vulgar, uncivil society with no personal responsibility and the attitude of 'it's the other person's fault, you owe me'. A society where children grow up with no boundaries or knowledge or concern for civil society and personal responsibility.

When an officer says "Put your hands up," then put your hands up! Don't reach for something in your pocket, your lap, your seat. There's plenty of reason for a police officer to feel threatened, there have been multiple assaults and ambushes on police officers lately. Comply with requests from the officer, have your day in court. Don't mouth off, or fight, or refuse to comply... that escalates the situation.

Police officers are our sons and daughters, fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters. They're black, white, brown, all colors, all ethnicities, all faiths, male and female, they are us. They see the worst side of humanity... the raped children, the bloody mangled bodies of traffic victims, the bruised and battered victims of domestic violence, homicide victims, body parts... day after day.

They work holidays while we have festive meals with our families. They miss school events with their kids, birthdays, anniversaries, all those special occasions that we take for granted. They work in all types of weather, under dangerous conditions, for relatively low pay.

They have extensive training, but they are human. When there are numerous attacks on them, they become hyper vigilant for a reason, they have become targets. When a police officer encounters any person... any person, whether at a traffic stop, a street confrontation, an arrest, whatever... that situation has the potential to become life threatening. You, Mr & Mrs/Miss Civilian, also have the responsibility of keeping the situation from getting out of control.

Many law enforcement officers are Veterans. They've been in service to this nation most of their lives, whether on the battlefield or protecting us here at home. They are the only thing that stands between us and anarchy in the streets.

If you want to protect your child, teach them respect."

~ Sheriff David Clarke

"It's not the police who need to be retrained, it's the public. We have grown into a mouthy, mobile phone wielding, vulgar, uncivil society with no personal responsibility and the attitude of 'it's the other person's fault, you owe me'. A society where children grow up with no boundaries or knowledge or concern for civil society and personal responsibility.

When an officer says "Put your hands up," then put your hands up! Don't reach for something in your pocket, your lap, your seat. There's plenty of reason for a police officer to feel threatened, there have been multiple assaults and ambushes on police officers lately. Comply with requests from the officer, have your day in court. Don't mouth off, or fight, or refuse to comply... that escalates the situation.

Police officers are our sons and daughters, fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters. They're black, white, brown, all colors, all ethnicities, all faiths, male and female, they are us. They see the worst side of humanity... the raped children, the bloody mangled bodies of traffic victims, the bruised and battered victims of domestic violence, homicide victims, body parts... day after day.

They work holidays while we have festive meals with our families. They miss school events with their kids, birthdays, anniversaries, all those special occasions that we take for granted. They work in all types of weather, under dangerous conditions, for relatively low pay.

They have extensive training, but they are human. When there are numerous attacks on them, they become hyper vigilant for a reason, they have become targets. When a police officer encounters any person... any person, whether at a traffic stop, a street confrontation, an arrest, whatever... that situation has the potential to become life threatening. You, Mr & Mrs/Miss Civilian, also have the responsibility of keeping the situation from getting out of control.

Many law enforcement officers are Veterans. They've been in service to this nation most of their lives, whether on the battlefield or protecting us here at home. They are the only thing that stands between us and anarchy in the streets.

~ Sheriff David Clarke

So, so true. A great summing up.

~ Sheriff David Clarke

20200829_133423.png

~ Sheriff David Clarke

All true, and just because there are some racist clam officers (and there will be in any group that large) it does not mean they all are.
Heard very recently that there 3000 reported assaults by UK police every year, and 23000 police assaulted every year.
It's a thankless job and one I wouldn't like to do.

Back