• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

Prolific? He's scored 5 non-penalty goals since returning to Madrid in January 2018! 5 in 3500 minutes.
In the same time he's got 15 bookings and (only) 2 red cards.
He's nowhere near what he used to be (except he's still A massive clam, that gets booked or sent off more frequently than he scores.)

He scored 52 in 89 games at Chelsea.. His latest stint at Atleti hasn't been great, but he knows the PL, is only 31 and can rediscover his form.

Costa would be a fantastic signing. We certainly aren't getting anyone better to play second fiddle to Kane (I'd be amazed if we can get Costa to do that to be honest).

He's also a horrible bastard to play against and has won quite a few trophies. Two of the qualities we really need in our squad. The signing also has a bit of that "star power" quality about it. As good a bit of business as Doherty would be and Hojbjorg is, they don't have that about them. This would be brilliant in my book - do it Jose/Levy.

Striker market is a weird one.

We’re either linked with 31+ year olds, or mid table fodder. But if money was no object, I genuinely can’t think who I’d go for!

haaland and mbappe being the obvious global golden boys, but where are the good up and coming English strikers for example!

Striker market is a weird one.

We’re either linked with 31+ year olds, or mid table fodder. But if money was no object, I genuinely can’t think who I’d go for!

haaland and mbappe being the obvious global golden boys, but where are the good up and coming English strikers for example!
One at United and one at pool
Their there
We also have to be smart around Parrott too

The'yr Thair

I bet @Bedfordspurs is actually a cunning linguist who has been baiting those of us prone to being irked by grammatical misdemeanours year upon year.

Just on the off chance that I'm wrong on that one, mate:

There = location
Their = possession
They're = they are

I think you tried to say: They're there
(They are there)

Hope I've read that correctly! I've taught English as a foreign language for years* and honestly feel that brick is really tough for learners if even the native speakers aren't grasping the basics that can be a little confusing.

Apologies if there's a dyslexia thing or something similar going on, I am having a go like, but not trying to have a proper go :D

*Yeah I know still make loads of blunders spelling / grammar / probably common sense-wise too but at least if you point them out I appreciate it.

But back on topic, everything else about our transfer dealings has been pretty swift and sensical so far. The striker option has got to be the next priority for me, but I have a feeling that come the end of the window we may still be scraping around for the right player...

The'yr Thair

I bet @Bedfordspurs is actually a cunning linguist who has been baiting those of us prone to being irked by grammatical misdemeanours year upon year.

Just on the off chance that I'm wrong on that one, mate:

There = location
Their = possession
They're = they are

I think you tried to say: They're there
(They are there)

Hope I've read that correctly! I've taught English as a foreign language for years* and honestly feel that brick is really tough for learners if even the native speakers aren't grasping the basics that can be a little confusing.

Apologies if there's a dyslexia thing or something similar going on, I am having a go like, but not trying to have a proper go :D

*Yeah I know still make loads of blunders spelling / grammar / probably common sense-wise too but at least if you point them out I appreciate it.

But back on topic, everything else about our transfer dealings has been pretty swift and sensical so far. The striker option has got to be the next priority for me, but I have a feeling that come the end of the window we may still be scraping around for the right player...

That was pretty blunt with no Kane and Son on the pitch. With so many games this season we simply have to sign a forward asap.
Striker needed and creative attacker also especially if Ndombele isn't going to be played with Lo Celso.

Last edited:
Striker needed and creativity attacker also especially if Ndombele isn't going to be played with Lo Celso.
And whilst we’ve got away with using Son as a backup for Kane, it leaves weaker in the position he is vacating and doesn’t give us an aerial or back to goal option.
With Hojberg coming in I think we’ll see Lo Celso as his first choice partner and Alli as the 10, competing with Ndombele or his replacement

Back