• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

The zoning part has huge undertones of racism in my opinion.

The protecting of property against potential rioting does not. I would 400% protect my home if the town was continuing to experience an element of Mob meteorology within its protesting regardless of what was being protested.

I don't think racism is central in any Trump action/inaction - they are more convenient collateral damage.
The focus is more disaster economics and disaster politics - if Black communities and businesses were influencial in Trump getting more money or power, he would protect them. To a certain degree black, white, brown, yellow is a secondary thought as long as the end result is green.

Hideous whichever you cut it of course.

That will be interesting.
You could have said the same last time - but it didn't play out that way, especially with women and Hispanics.

thats actually a recent quote from biden. hes said a few racist remarks like this now. it hasnt been pointed out by msm as much as it would have had trump said the same (imo) - and i wanted to highlight the hypocrisy that exists both in the media and by alt-left posters on this forum

thats actually a recent quote from biden. hes said a few racist remarks like this now. it hasnt been pointed out by msm as much as it would have had trump said the same (imo) - and i wanted to highlight the hypocrisy that exists both in the media and by alt-left posters on this forum
Firstly, it's pretty bricky to post a quote without at least quotation marks - it appears deliberately deceitful.

Secondly, I'm not sure that quote is racist - the logic behind it stands up. Why would you vote for Trump if you are Black/Hispanic/Female etc.
The answer to which is multifaceted (self interest ahead of demographic; staunch conservatism; others I'm not aware of) - but the voting record for the last election clearly shows its that black and white (if you'll excuse the expression).
It will be interesting to see how that goes this time - I get a feeling even a lot of "never Dem" voters would take the Dems for a term to stop Trump burning the country to the ground.
I wonder if we'll just see a low GOP voter turn out - a little like the Dems not wanting to vote Clinton last time.

I don't think racism is central in any Trump action/inaction - they are more convenient collateral damage.
The focus is more disaster economics and disaster politics - if Black communities and businesses were influencial in Trump getting more money or power, he would protect them. To a certain degree black, white, brown, yellow is a secondary thought as long as the end result is green.

Hideous whichever you cut it of course.
I wouldn't totally agree with this monkeybaz though I get the point that grifting and re-election dominates a lot of his thinking. Racism is the central tenet of his re-election, as it was last time and has been the whole time he has been in office. The difference this time is he has nothing else to run on. No other promises that he can make to pad out a policy platform. He's failed in every promise that he has made and all he has left is red meat for the base. And sadly that seems enough for a massive swathe of the US population.

Firstly, it's pretty bricky to post a quote without at least quotation marks - it appears deliberately deceitful.

i assumed most who were posting in this thread would get the reference

Secondly, I'm not sure that quote is racist - the logic behind it stands up. Why would you vote for Trump if you are Black/Hispanic/Female etc.

i suspect biden with get the black vote again - however there is still a sizeable black republican voter base. can you really not see how offensive that quote is? biden is telling black republicans that they dont know their identity. Plenty of black americans feel that trump has done far more for them than obama - and theyre fully capable of thinking for themselves which way they want to vote. they do not need an old white man lecturing them about their identity.

biden (probably his assistants) clearly recognised that he was massively out of line here, hence the delayed apology.

don't forget, biden also recently labelled black's as lacking diversity of thought unlike latinos.

hes shown on numerous occasions that he is guilty of the type of implicit racism that the dems love to champion themselves on - yet he rarely gets called up for this because the alt-left have lost any sense of reason or impartiality given the upcoming elections.

I wouldn't totally agree with this monkeybaz though I get the point that grifting and re-election dominates a lot of his thinking. Racism is the central tenet of his re-election, as it was last time and has been the whole time he has been in office. The difference this time is he has nothing else to run on. No other promises that he can make to pad out a policy platform. He's failed in every promise that he has made and all he has left is red meat for the base. And sadly that seems enough for a massive swathe of the US population.
That's fair. Ironically there is a grey (gray) area!
His target is definitely white, but if non whites had more power, they would be the target.
That's why I don't think trump is racist in the "despises someone due to skin tone" sense. I think he is racist and prejudiced to anyone that doesn't serve a purpose for him. I genuinely think racism would require too much depth of thought or feeling.

His target is definitely white, but if non whites had more power, they would be the target.
That's why I don't think trump is racist in the "despises someone due to skin tone" sense. I think he is racist and prejudiced to anyone that doesn't serve a purpose for him. I genuinely think racism would require too much depth of thought or feeling.

I dont think racism requires any depth of thought, its the most stupid position to hold bar none.

I dont think racism requires any depth of thought, its the most stupid position to hold bar none.

I disagree. There are lots of very intelligent racists whose position is fully thought through - their thought process and conclusion is just hideous.

And either way (thought or no thought) it's more than trump would give - his instinct is to do anything that benefits him, irrespective of any other factors.

He's racist too. There are plenty of examples. Whether this is his primary motivating factor or not, it certainly is in his core.
I would agree that what's driving him now is self-preservation - staying out of prison - and winning or stealing the election is the only way this will happen.

I disagree. There are lots of very intelligent racists whose position is fully thought through - their thought process and conclusion is just hideous.

And either way (thought or no thought) it's more than trump would give - his instinct is to do anything that benefits him, irrespective of any other factors.

There are both types IMO. Those that know how to push the buttons, spin the message to be more palatable, and those who lap it up.

Ege4Ow9WsAEiJpO

Me too mate
The thought of it chills me to my bone. If the fallout of a 2nd Trump term was limited to the US then I guess the people have spoken (or the electoral college has) and that's what they want. You get the government you deserve.
But in reality, the results of this election transcends US politics like nothing that has come before, and probably after. This is a major inflection point in human history. To steal a line from David Roberts - "From the perspective of the human species as a whole, the arc of its life on this planet, it may be the most important election ever".

The thought of it chills me to my bone. If the fallout of a 2nd Trump term was limited to the US then I guess the people have spoken (or the electoral college has) and that's what they want. You get the government you deserve.
But in reality, the results of this election transcends US politics like nothing that has come before, and probably after. This is a major inflection point in human history. To steal a line from David Roberts - "From the perspective of the human species as a whole, the arc of its life on this planet, it may be the most important election ever".
The worst thing about a Trump 2nd term is that RBG is virtually a carcass already.

If they get another partisan SC nomination then it won't matter who which Democrat gets elected for the next 20 years.

Back