• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Arsenal just signed that good Brazilian defender from Lille.

Liverpool going for Thiago from Bayern.

Emirates Marketing Project spent chump change for them so far but promising to go for Koulibaly and more.

Wouldn't waste your time worrying about what a side like City does in the window. Arsenal sign a player from France and Liverpool might sign Thiago. Doesn’t really seem like we're out of touch there so far to me.

Wouldn't waste your time worrying about what a side like City does in the window. Arsenal sign a player from France and Liverpool might sign Thiago. Doesn’t really seem like we're out of touch there so far to me.
Thiago for me puts a whole different dimension in Liverpool’s team
But I don’t think he will leave myself

Thiago for me puts a whole different dimension in Liverpool’s team
But I don’t think he will leave myself
Yep, he’s a helluva player and should add a lot to them.

Me and a mate when to Munich a few years ago for some beers and a game and he completely ran the show in a 6-0 demolition of Augsburg. That LewanGOLski wasn’t bad either, just the perfect hat trick for him!

Have you compared our squads? We’re starting 10 paces behind so we’re already out of touch.
No right backs, an untried 17 year old in rotation for left back all season, still no cover for Kane, and light all over in general!

Yep, he’s a helluva player and should add a lot to them.

Me and a mate when to Munich a few years ago for some beers and a game and he completely ran the show in a 6-0 demolition of Augsburg. That LewanGOLski wasn’t bad either, just the perfect hat trick for him!
He had every dimension to his game

Emirates Marketing Project are working out if they could bid for Barcelona and Argentina forward Lionel Messi, 33, if he becomes available. (ESPN)

Former Inter Milan owner Massimo Moratti believes his former club are trying to buy Messi. (AS - in Spanish)

Chelsea are on course to spend more money than in any previous transfer window after agreeing deals to sign Germany's 21-year-old midfielder Kai Havertz of Bayer Leverkusen and Paris St-Germain's Brazil defender Thiago Silva, 35. (Times - subscription only)

Thiago says he will decide his future in the next 24 hours. (Standard)

Chelsea could also sign French free agent Malang Sarr on a four-year deal. The 21-year-old defender left Nice this summer. (Telefoot, via Mail)

Arsenal and Spain right-back Hector Bellerin, 25, has been offered to Paris St-Germain. (Times - subscription required)

Manager Mikel Arteta wants Arsenal's Dutch legend Dennis Bergkamp to return to the club as his assistant. (Sun)

Ajax and Netherlands midfielder Donny van de Beek, 23, is awaiting offers from Premier League clubs. (Sky Sports)

Leeds United's interest in Argentina forward Nicolas Gonzalez, 22, is "very serious", says Stuttgart's sporting director Sven Mislintat. (Yorkshire Evening Post)

Rangers' 23-year-old English winger Ryan Kent has told manager Steven Gerrard he wants to stay at the club despite interest from Leeds. (Sun)

Click here to read the article

Everton have reached an agreement with Napoli to pay £31.5m for their 29-year-old Brazil midfielder Allan. (Express)

The Toffees' Italy forward Moise Kean, 20, is close to sealing a return on loan to his former club Juventus. (Tuttosport, via Mirror)

Barcelona will terminate the contract of 33-year-old Uruguay striker Luis Suarez. (RAC1, via Mail)

Manchester United defender Victor Lindelof, 26, has been thanked by Swedish police for catching a thief who robbed an elderly woman. (Sky Sports)

Wolves are in advanced talks with Arsenal over a four-year deal for 22-year-old English full-back Ainsley Maitland-Niles. (Sky Sports)

Manchester United are ready to send Portuguese keeper Joel Pereira, 24, to Huddersfield Town on loan. (Sun)

Valencia are keen on Real Madrid's 23-year-old Spanish striker Borja Mayoral. (Mundo Deportivo - in Spanish)

Aston Villa manager Dean Smith said he has discussed transfer targets with new sporting director Johan Lange. (Birmingham Mail)

Bournemouth have made about 10 members of staff redundant. (Bournemouth Echo)

The England football band may drop 'Rule, Britannia!' in the wake of Black Lives Matter protests. (Telegraph - subscription only)

I admit, I’m on a downer at the moment.

Coming here for a grumble to cheer myself up!

Can’t you write all this down in a private notebook instead, so you don’t have to bring everyone else down with you?!

You said yourself you’re just in the mood for a moan, so probably not interested in actual discussion, but I can’t resist mentioning that Chelsea’s net spend was minus £152m last season due to their transfer ban - that’s why they’re so prolific this window.

Can’t you write all this down in a private notebook instead, so you don’t have to bring everyone else down with you?!

You said yourself you’re just in the mood for a moan, so probably not interested in actual discussion, but I can’t resist mentioning that Chelsea’s net spend was minus £152m last season due to their transfer ban - that’s why they’re so prolific this window.
We’ll Chelsea are rumoured for be getting in 2 centre Better backs on frees now with Sarr coming too ...
I fully expect them to have a net spend of £20m at the end of the window once they start their fire sale to cover the cost of Haivert and Chillwell

yeah I stand by what I said
They want to sell to buy
The issue they have is that no one is buying
They can’t back down on this after all the negotiations but there is talk that Chillwell now has an ankle issue after they agreed a £50m fee.. strange that

they IMO won’t be challengers but they will be top 4, but they let in the most goals in the top 10 last season and their not signing players to fix that side still

And of course as I’ve said before their binning of the kids after making some string claims it’s their future

and of course they have a lot of players to shift
No, you said ‘they haven’t got any money now’ but don’t worry, we won’t fall out over it ;)

They can’t back down on this? What do you mean by that? Do you really think a football club would spend £70 to £90 million on a player simply because they can’t back down?

They are sidelining their kids by instead signing top class players in an attempt to immediately challenge for the big prizes. In terms of their defence, it seems they are signing Silva (still one of the best centre backs in the World) and going after Chilwell. It wouldn’t surprise me either if they carry on making further signings.

Was it really? Didn’t they sign Pullisic and Kovacic?

We’ll Chelsea are rumoured for be getting in 2 centre Better backs on frees now with Sarr coming too ...
I fully expect them to have a net spend of £20m at the end of the window once they start their fire sale to cover the cost of Haivert and Chillwell
Very, very clever business. One fantastic, old pro, who is still amongst the best in the World and another young one who is very highly rated and can be eased in (I had touted Sarr as a sensible signing for us on a few occasions)

If Chelsea do manage to have a net spend of only £20 million after signing Werner, Haivertz, Ziyech and Chilwell then it will emphasise how their spend to improve strategy is a sound one.

If Chelsea do manage to have a net spend of only £20 million after signing Werner, Haivertz, Ziyech and Chilwell then it will emphasise how their spend to improve strategy is a sound one.

they will IMO 100% stick to their plan of buying and selling
They will try to offload 6/7 players to cover their costs
The
Only thing I see different to meat earlier statement is they have a timeline to buy Haivertz from Bayer so they either work to it or back down (which means someone else can get him) and lose face there if he turns up with someone else.
Their speculating they can shift a lot of players in a difficult window but they also know teams like palace and Everton will buy brick just to keep up
There is plenty of talk of them selling players they spent a lot on for losses to shift them
Their gonna sell Alonso, Zouma, Batbrick, Barkley, Kante possibly, Jorginho, Bakayoko, Drinkwater and also some others I believe like Loftus Cheek
That’s a lot to shift to cover their expenses, but someone will want to buy they and they will balance the books on this years buying quite comfortably even taking big losses on some of these players

Back