• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Racism in football

Football has to sort out is standards in racism and I’ve said it for years on this thread. People talk on other threads about racism being a huge issue in society but we have a sport that doesn’t set a standard as far as I’m concerned.

We seem to (and I include people on this forum) turn a blind eye or at least accept things in football they would rightly call for action in normal life.

Football in some respects gets what it deserves when it allows proven racists and criminals to prosper and people accept it because of the thirst for glory. The actions taken by having panels and badges on shirts is nothing more than just show to tick a box.

Football doesn’t want to chuck out racism if players filmed being racist are award 200k contracts afterwards and are held as heroes.

Football doesn’t care about oppression when it is bribed into awarding the Crown Jewels of the sport to oppressive regimes.

i think the bigger issue is with racism from fans rather than players. you could argue that racism from players has been dealt with, with some success as players who are fined/banned for racism rarely get penalised for racism again, showing that the punishment is working (in terms of halting repeat offenses).

however the issue with fan racism is a whole different ball game - and the solution can only really come from society at large. looking beyond england, we've seen multiple examples of entire stands joining in with racist chanting. you could ban these fans, but that likely means the club killing their biggest source of income - hence why its not really in their interest to address racism. uefa/fifa could(/should) take a stronger stance too, but it probably means the end of professional football in some parts of the world.

i think the bigger issue is with racism from fans rather than players. you could argue that racism from players has been dealt with, with some success as players who are fined/banned for racism rarely get penalised for racism again, showing that the punishment is working (in terms of halting repeat offenses).

however the issue with fan racism is a whole different ball game - and the solution can only really come from society at large. looking beyond england, we've seen multiple examples of entire stands joining in with racist chanting. you could ban these fans, but that likely means the club killing their biggest source of income - hence why its not really in their interest to address racism. uefa/fifa could(/should) take a stronger stance too, but it probably means the end of professional football in some parts of the world.

Because there are more fans the numbers are increased.

The point I am making is, if football is as serious about racism as it is shown with its swift alliance with BLM isnt it somewhat a questionable example only handing out pretty soft Sentences for proven racism amongst its players.

On the part of society, Beardsley was given a relatively short ban for racism towards You players, that’s shocking when you have young lads getting into the game.

• Beardsley said: "You should be used to that" to one or more black players of African origin at a team-building event at Go Ape
  • He questioned the legitimacy of the age of black players - "a negative stereotype that players of black African origin commit fraud as to their true age", the FA panel said, and
  • He called a player of black African origin a monkey during a game of head tennis.
How can that only warrant a 32 week ban?

It’s shocking

So BLM unless it’s in football then footballers are untouchable

Last edited:
Interesting interview with Patrice Evra.

Patrice Evra: 'Silence is a crime. You can’t be in silence any more'
That tranquillity means Evra is at peace with the Suárez saga. He was especially hurt when, after Suárez was banned for eight games for his insults, Liverpool’s players wore shirts supporting the striker. “I was really upset with Kenny Dalglish [Liverpool’s manager at the time].”

When Jamie Carragher apologised to him recently for Liverpool’s actions, Evra was “so surprised but grateful. I also received a letter from Liverpool’s owner apologising. People were trying to distract me and say: ‘This happened nine years ago. They’re taking the tinkle.’ But it’s better late than never. I forgive and have more respect for Liverpool.”

I wonder what the Liverpool fans think about that.

P.S. It seems the apology was from Peter Moore, the CEO, not the owners.

Interesting interview with Patrice Evra.

Patrice Evra: 'Silence is a crime. You can’t be in silence any more'

I wonder what the Liverpool fans think about that.

P.S. It seems the apology was from Peter Moore, the CEO, not the owners.

I doubt they like football at the time care. I banged this drum for years on here now to the point of boredom but wave all the BLM banners you want but if racism gets you 30 goals a season or clean sheets football does not care enough about racism. Its a sad fact

No protest at all would have been a shorter and more effective response if you had a brain, those my tits don’t though.

Then Patel would have only had to address the violence and damage made by Antifa and the public could have made their own mind up on BLM and their protest.

This football based mob done them a huge favour, but in their echo chamber their is a victory somewhere

Jesus, calm down Nigel.

I’m old, so what is the correct phraseology?

I would say a ‘black’ player rather than coloured, is that a fail?
Are we allowed short or tall player?

Im sorry but I find this whole event blown out of all proportion.

I’m old, so what is the correct phraseology?

I would say a ‘black’ player rather than coloured, is that a fail?
Are we allowed short or tall player?

Im sorry but I find this whole event blown out of all proportion.

I can't help but agree.
When I saw the headline I went to read the story expecting to hear some awful discriminatory behaviour had been uncovered by a sting.
But he's clearly talking about a problem, wanting to deal with it, but just tripping over language without ill-intent.

Just because some people take offence, doesn't mean anything has to be done.

Back