• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

I haven't seen much of him, but his attitude and application was good to see. Long may it continue ! He could be the difference for us this season coz it's gonna be long, and the games will be coming thick and fast

It's what you need to succeed. Always strive to be better.

I like him already.

Without a doubt is something all players should be looking to do, what i liked about his game yesterday was that on occasions i saw him having a word with a couple of our players for dwelling on the ball. Its not easy to do that in your first game but he seemed to have no problems doing it.

Early days but he may be just what we have been missing in our CM for a while.

There was a lot of what @Bedfordspurs talked about and what Saints fans have said about his performance yesterday.

He did look like he was trying too hard at times and was visibly upset with himself with some of his tinkle poor passing.

It might actually be problematic if we haven't just bought him as a DCM holder as if he wants to play as an 8 (the position he says he favours) then that still needs us needing a holder (unless he genuinely shares duties in a double pivot).

I didn't see the first friendly but judging on yesterday s game he is all action (in a chaotic kind of way) and some of his passing was woeful. It's early days and he's settling in but I'm hoping he isn't like our cult favourite German midfielder from the 90's.

I long for a Carrick or Popescu.

There was a lot of what @Bedfordspurs talked about and what Saints fans have said about his performance yesterday.

He did look like he was trying too hard at times and was visibly upset with himself with some of his tinkle poor passing.

It might actually be problematic if we haven't just bought him as a DCM holder as if he wants to play as an 8 (the position he says he favours) then that still needs us needing a holder (unless he genuinely shares duties in a double pivot).

I didn't see the first friendly but judging on yesterday s game he is all action (in a chaotic kind of way) and some of his passing was woeful. It's early days and he's settling in but I'm hoping he isn't like our cult favourite German midfielder from the 90's.

Mourinho has used a disruptor in front of a ball playing midfielder before. There is every chance that he may play a defensive game in front of Winks or Lo Celso.

Mourinho has used a disruptor in front of a ball playing midfielder before. There is every chance that he may play a defensive game in front of Winks or Lo Celso.

What does ‘in front of’ mean in practice though? Surely when we’re out of possession you want your two CMs to press or sit more or less together? And when we’re in possession their defensive game becomes less relevant?

—-

Personally I wouldn’t want Lo Celso deeper than Hojbjerg when we’re in or out of possession - hope that isn’t what Jose is planning.

Early days. I think he looked like it was his second day a big school.

"I long for a Carrick or Popescu." :)

I really thought he was going to be a solitary DCM and we'd progress to a 433 4141 or a diamond but now I'm not sure and frankly can't work out who'll be playing and not playing and what formation.

He hit a few misplaced passes for sure but overall his play was ok, he is still finding his feet here and i hope we ALL give him time to see if he does. What i have noticed in both games he is always talking to the players around him and that is a good thing.

He hit a few misplaced passes for sure but overall his play was ok, he is still finding his feet here and i hope we ALL give him time to see if he does. What i have noticed in both games he is always talking to the players around him and that is a good thing.
Some sloppy moments, but there were those from most of our players.

Some real signs of quality in areas we've lacked quality. Playing through pressure, playing forward passes through the lines, moving well to get on the ball.

Needs time as you say, but done well enough so far in preseason.

He was sh@te for Denmark today, bad marking and Belgium made him look like a kid today.. he was 100% to blame for the first goal.

dont see him more than a sub... why do we fill up the team with B players

He was sh@te for Denmark today, bad marking and Belgium made him look like a kid today.. he was 400% to blame for the first goal.

dont see him more than a sub... why do we fill up the team with B players

The corner where two of them went for the same ball? It was certainly a poor goal to concede but there's some blame to be shared around.

The corner where two of them went for the same ball? It was certainly a poor goal to concede but there's some blame to be shared around.
Hes job was to mark Jason and he let him have too many meters, thats why they got the goal. If you lose your marking then two players often is out of pos. The one that should do the job and the one that try to help...

Hes job was to mark Jason and he let him have too many meters, thats why they got the goal. If you lose your marking then two players often is out of pos. The one that should do the job and the one that try to help...

I'll need to watch it again.

Back