• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2019-20

Only has himself to blame (again), didn’t put in the performances when he was starting games.

4 goals and 3 assists, in 26 games, with his talent, is crap.

No better than he did for us in the first half of the season, when the excuse was he didn’t want to be here anymore.

What’s he sulking about in Italy?

Only has himself to blame (again), didn’t put in the performances when he was starting games.

4 goals and 3 assists, in 26 games, with his talent, is crap.

No better than he did for us in the first half of the season, when the excuse was he didn’t want to be here anymore.

What’s he sulking about in Italy?
I think that it’s similar to the Sanchez situation when he left Goons, you can’t just switch your form back on by changing clubs

Last edited:
I think that it’s similar to the Sanchez situation when he left Goons, you can’t just switch your form back on just by changing clubs

To much sense it that for some, the guy is class and it not easy at times trying to settle into a different life in another country. As i said earlier there are a few fans who feel scorned by his wanting to move and will not let it go. Sad really as he has been a top player for us over many years.

To much sense it that for some, the guy is class and it not easy at times trying to settle into a different life in another country. As i said earlier there are a few fans who feel scorned by his wanting to move and will not let it go. Sad really as he has been a top player for us over many years.

In my defence, I was having a go at him long before he showed any interest in leaving.

He’s wasting his talent imo.

It's borderline pathetic TBH

Top of the assists in the league for two seasons above Hazard and De Bruyne, key player in our Champions League final run with key goals in big games. The big game player is lazy too I can list scores of big games he scored or contributed, players that go missing in big games don't contribute in as many as he did. All players in the world have bad games, I could highlight many for any player, doesn't mean they go missing in all big games.

He was top top class for us, anything else is just bitter and twisted

Top of the assists in the league for two seasons above Hazard and De Bruyne, key player in our Champions League final run with key goals in big games. The big game player is lazy too I can list scores of big games he scored or contributed, players that go missing in big games don't contribute in as many as he did. All players in the world have bad games, I could highlight many for any player, doesn't mean they go missing in all big games.

THIS!

No one signs a player with that intention though

Never underestimate the cynicism in football. Clubs buy promising youngsters all the time with an eye to the resale value (notably Chelsea). The player making it is a bonus. With Eriksen Inter knew that they had a bargain either way. If it worked they had a bargain, if he didn't fit in they would make a profit.

With Eriksen Inter knew that they had a bargain either way. If it worked they had a bargain, if he didn't fit in they would make a profit.

Just because they can sell on if it does not work does not mean their largest intention was to buy to sell. Eriksen is a 28 year old who has been a huge player in the prem and has a decent pedigree in Europe and on the International stage, they signed him because he is a good player

I'm not trying to say they never intended to play him. I was addressing the comment that a player should expect to play because the club wanted to sign him.

An additional factor with some of the big european clubs is that their owners and presidents might have different ideas to the managers.

Indeed.

There is definitely a form of jilted lover syndrome when players leave from some fans. Same nonsense when Walker left. Soon as Toby was having contract negotiations and Poch benched him you had people claiming after about 5 minutes that “it’s ok Sanchez is better anyway”. Fair enough if you hold that view after a year or two but do you maybe want to wait more than 10 games before deciding he’s already better than a player who was a significant player in the best defence in the league for two seasons?

I personally don’t hold it against players when they leave. Didn’t blame Walker or Carrick. I was baffled when fans booed Robbie Keane. It was common knowledge he was a Liverpool fan before he event went there. I only take offence when players don’t try and go on strike essentially like Bale, Berbatov and Modric did. If I’m being totally honest, I would have liked to have seen more effort from Eriksen for the last 12-18 months he was here but I don’t hold any grudges with him now.

On the whole I agree he was a brilliant player for us. You can debate how hard he tried the last 18 months but you cannot fault his goals, assists and chances created stats.

I do feel he could have done more in big games tbh. Not saying he never did but he didn’t do it often enough. You can level that accusation at pretty much every player in our squad in Poch’s time, we’d have a trophy to show for it if the players had turned up in big games individually and collectively. Unfair to single him out and he’s not the only one who didn’t turn up in big games but rightly or wrongly, people looked to him and Kane, Son etc to dig us out of trouble in the big games. It’s why the attacking midfielders and strikers get paid more. 1 or 2 players carry the team through difficult moments and the rest follow.

This is just an observation I have through watching him throughout his time here and I don’t claim it to be a fact, but I feel he doesn’t have the stomach or desire to be one of the best players in the world despite having the talent. I felt the same about Berbatov. De Bruyne for example often carries City when they play badly. Not just with goals but his performances.

This is just an observation I have through watching him throughout his time here and I don’t claim it to be a fact, but I feel he doesn’t have the stomach or desire to be one of the best players in the world despite having the talent. I felt the same about Berbatov. De Bruyne for example often carries City when they play badly. Not just with goals but his performances.

Berbatovs ego was all about him being the best, he was a big game player and he was class. Another one that suffered jilted ex syndrome. His penalty in the Cup Final was big time, his performance in Turkey in Europe was insane at a time no team had won there in years. World Class

Berbatovs ego was all about him being the best, he was a big game player and he was class. Another one that suffered jilted ex syndrome. His penalty in the Cup Final was big time, his performance in Turkey in Europe was insane at a time no team had won there in years. World Class

He was class and I remember that penalty. Also remember the one he completely ballsed up when playing for United in an FA cup shootout and they lost the game but I digress. He was brilliant when he wanted to be but he also didn’t try a lot of the time. I remember a game we lost (think it was city away around 2008?) when Keane scored a great goal and ran his gonad*s off as he always does, Ramos subbed him off and kept Berbs on despite Berbs having one of his not trying days and Keane was understandably tinkled off. Fergie didn’t trust Berbs in the big games, I believe he omitted him from the squad for one of the CL finals. It’s ok to have off days playing for Spurs because we love a maverick like him but for United it’s a big step up, well it was at the time anyway.

He was class and I remember that penalty. Also remember the one he completely ballsed up when playing for United in an FA cup shootout and they lost the game but I digress. He was brilliant when he wanted to be but he also didn’t try a lot of the time. I remember a game we lost (think it was city away around 2008?) when Keane scored a great goal and ran his gonad*s off as he always does, Ramos subbed him off and kept Berbs on despite Berbs having one of his not trying days and Keane was understandably tinkled off. Fergie didn’t trust Berbs in the big games, I believe he omitted him from the squad for one of the CL finals. It’s ok to have off days playing for Spurs because we love a maverick like him but for United it’s a big step up, well it was at the time anyway.

Berbatov was class, his style was different to Keane, I loved them both however you cant compare Keane whose game was to be nippy and a pain and Berbatov who was without doubt one of the best finishers in the league at his time with us. Thats why they complimented and your example maybe shows why Ramos did not last.

Berbatovs brilliance was sitting in the hole to get space which was also seen as lazy, he said it till he was blue in the face about the reasoning and he was proved right.

He played 40 games a season for United, was he not top scorer in the prem one season too? maybe thinking of wrong person but didnt he score 4 in one game?

A goal every other game, the bloke was world class....

Berbatov is another great example, imagine how good he’d have been, and what he’d have won, had he worked harder.

Berbatov was class, his style was different to Keane, I loved them both however you cant compare Keane whose game was to be nippy and a pain and Berbatov who was without doubt one of the best finishers in the league at his time with us. Thats why they complimented and your example maybe shows why Ramos did not last.

Berbatovs brilliance was sitting in the hole to get space which was also seen as lazy, he said it till he was blue in the face about the reasoning and he was proved right.

He played 40 games a season for United, was he not top scorer in the prem one season too? maybe thinking of wrong person but didnt he score 4 in one game?

A goal every other game, the bloke was world class....

He had one brilliant season for United, the other two were a bit meh;

33 games 12 goals
32 games 20 goals
12 games 7 goals

As mentioned before, he was left out entirely of the CL squad for the 2011 final. Not just on the bench, he wasn’t in the squad. I heard him say once “I don’t try because I don’t have to”. As @galeforce said, he could have been even better if he worked harder. His career went downhill quite quickly after his spell at United. Went to Fulham then Lique 1.

Back