• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2019-20

is the short format the reason for the disgusting number of goals being scored, less time to work on targeted defensive schemes?

Na I went home and away for two years and in Europe and he was class and in big games. Chelsea home and away, Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project, Real. In the season before this he scored key goals in games like Inter Milan to get us through in the CL etc. Involved in 100 goals in 200 prem goals too.

The big game thing is well over played
You don’t need to tell me, I’m a big fan of his and he had many class games for us. But you could easily list a hell of a lot of big games he went missing in aswell. Personally just think it was a mental thing which stopped him being a truly top player. Why do you think none of the big boys came in for him when he was available either for a free in six months or at a ridiculously low price in January? Overall he was great for us though....

two european finals, both times comfortably the most talented player involved, did fudge all to effect the result

You don’t need to tell me, I’m a big fan of his and he had many class games for us. But you could easily list a hell of a lot of big games he went missing in aswell. Personally just think it was a mental thing which stopped him being a truly top player. Why do you think none of the big boys came in for him when he was available either for a free in six months or at a ridiculously low price in January? Overall he was great for us though....

I agree. It’s not a lack of talent. Like Özil, I don’t think he has the stomach or desire to be a world class player. At their best they are both borderline world class, Eriksen more than Özil. Pirlo made a comment about Eriksen not showing up in the final last season. Having said that, can you name a Spurs player that has consistently turned up in winner take all or win and go top games?

Agree he was overall class for us. But he did go missing in a hell of a lot of big games when we needed him - the only reason I didn’t consider him world class. On another note it is amazing the amount of players who leave us and instantly win trophies, shows how many great players we have had in recent times and we really should have at least won a couple of cups....

Helps that they went to bigger or better clubs who regularly win trophies but I agree. I think the club’s tendency to fall short in semis, finals and league campaigns is a monkey on the club’s back collectively and individually. We’ve lost that winning habit of picking up trophies that we had even when we had mediocre teams. Liverpool and Arsenal went 7 and 9 years respectively without a trophy and have both picked up more than one trophy since they broke the duck. Think we need a bit of luck in a final, maybe a sending off for the other team, a fortunate/debatable penalty that Liverpool got against us. Doesn’t matter how the first trophy comes.

It’s an itch I think he felt he had to scratch.

Yeah, I agree, and I understand it. He must have had mixed feelings sitting on the bench for most of last night’s game though - and during all of the other games when he’s been brought on only for the last 15 minutes or so. I’m sure he couldn’t have imagined being in that situation when he made the move.

Yeah, I agree, and I understand it. He must have had mixed feelings sitting on the bench for most of last night’s game though - and during all of the other games when he’s been bought on only for the last 15 minutes or so. I’m sure he couldn’t have imagined being in that situation when he made the move.

TBF who would believe it would be the case? A club want to sign you, by that alone you would expect to play

Back