• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Out of interest how does his actions help him and not hinder him? Surely closing one area of voting would hurt anyone with in the election? Is there a trend that says anti Trump voters are more likely to vote by mail?

Its a genuine question because from a totally outsiders view it would appear to me that if you closed off postal votes you would have to already have a pact in place with your own voters to go to the polling stations and that would be an impossible pact to set no?

Is there a demographic that would vote for Biden who would preferably vote via post and not in person?

Even in a pandemic on the outside, restricting the postal vote would have an even negative effect?

Closing of polling stations in black and hispanic areas (yet increasing them in already over-represented white areas.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/02/texas-polling-sites-closures-voting

Higher death rates in BAME communities due to COVID so they are less willing/likely to line up and wait hours to vote at the fewer voting stations they are allowed to vote at.

Deliberate voter suppression through preventing early physical voting, requirement of voter ID (less BAME have ID than others as fewer say have passports or driving licences)

All these suppress the black/hispanic/poor vote - people who on balance tend to vote less Republican so it works in Trump's favour.

Closing of polling stations in black and hispanic areas (yet increasing them in already over-represented white areas.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/02/texas-polling-sites-closures-voting

Higher death rates in BAME communities due to COVID so they are less willing/likely to line up and wait hours to vote at the fewer voting stations they are allowed to vote at.

Deliberate voter suppression through preventing early physical voting, requirement of voter ID (less BAME have ID than others as fewer say have passports or driving licences)

All these suppress the black/hispanic/poor vote - people who on balance tend to vote less Republican so it works in Trump's favour.
All of those are clear and obviously a danger to democracy.

But as I've mentioned here before, calling him out for things he's not doing will only weaken our case in trying to defend democracy against people like him.

All of those are clear and obviously a danger to democracy.

But as I've mentioned here before, calling him out for things he's not doing will only weaken our case in trying to defend democracy against people like him.

Not disagreeing just answering Grays question of why it wouldn't impact the electorate equally.

It's not perfect, but at least he speaks like a damn leader.

unfortunately theres just too many other instances where hes speaking like a man in mental decline when not using a teleprompter.

tulsi gabbard was by far the democrats best candidate imo, but theres just too much corruption in that party for her to ever have won the nomination

In this case it is naive to assume that is the only reason.
That's a common point made by conspiracy theorists. The usual counter is that conspiracies are rarely true as large numbers of people are terrible at keeping secrets.

The one thing Trump has been consistent about in his presidency is saying the quiet bits loud. He hasn't done that so it's a bit of a stretch to suggest he's suddenly developed the skill of not saying what he's not supposed to say.

or if people take the same attitude as before

“he won’t win”
There was a variety of reasons why Trump won last time. Complacency was certainly one of them. But the midterms and intervening elections, even those that have happened during the pandemic, have shown that it won't be a factor this time. Turnout will be high and that spells trouble for Trump.

There was a variety of reasons why Trump won last time. Complacency was certainly one of them. But the midterms and intervening elections, even those that have happened during the pandemic, have shown that it won't be a factor this time. Turnout will be high and that spells trouble for Trump.

I hope you are right.

but I think a large number of sway votes won’t like the idea
Of the country being shut down

That's a common point made by conspiracy theorists. The usual counter is that conspiracies are rarely true as large numbers of people are terrible at keeping secrets.

The one thing Trump has been consistent about in his presidency is saying the quiet bits loud. He hasn't done that so it's a bit of a stretch to suggest he's suddenly developed the skill of not saying what he's not supposed to say.

No it really isn't.
You're making the fatal mistake of seeing all as the same.
Conflating Trump with conspiracy theories is a dangerous and tricky game. You are essentially trying to write this off as a conspiracy theory when there is clear, clear line of evidence to support the claim. If necessary I can start linking his quotes from a long time back.

Your earlier point about making everything his fault/a conspiracy and playing into his hands is one I don't disagree with. Much like cancel culture, the over-swing is dangerous and I don't disagree.

Equally, writing off his actions as "incompetence" is just as dangerous. It simply is not true.

I have been following the USPS situation for many months. Everything stated is very real.

There are lots of stories out there.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/former...stifies-mnuchin-white-house-slowing-mail/#app

Last edited:
EgD7plQWsAIOiCv

Back