• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Joe Hart

A guy with a great trophy haul joins the club as a back up to the back up and he costs us nothing in fee and a small sum in wages
Seem to me to be a great deal
Indeed. The 3rd keeper role typically doesn’t offer much by way of input into the squad - the expectation is to sit there and smile quietly.

With Hart, we’ve got an experienced England keeper with a track record of wins, who is going to try to positively influence the squad - whether he’s on the bench or not.

That’s the value add to me and adds an extra dimension to what is otherwise a very bland role.

There is also a chance he could push Gazza and maybe Hugo, as being around quality rather than dross like West Ham, could help him find his game again. Then we’ve got a hell of a deal.

In a squad who have just lost big personalities in Vorm and Jan, this will help fill that gap.

Gazza is ok and I thought he looked solid in his rare appearances. Lloris making a few errors and having limited kicking ability led to a few calling for a change, then the flapinjury against Brighton gave him his chance for a run of games to prove a solid keeper is best.
Unfortunately through the extended game time and increase in pressure he proved be susceptible to long range shots and didn’t gather similar cult status to Dier and Lamela for attempting to kill a Chelsea player.
Then Vorm won a one on one game Rock Paper Scissors to play the FA Cup game and Gazza’s approval rating went back up again.
In short and not unlike other players before him, the less he plays the better he gets..

@Jon
All this above - minus the is ok part lol

plus he’s so slow to get down and has poor foot work / judgment

even when he was playing the season before in the league cup you could see he was a flapper.

Last edited:
The guy is a multiple Premier League winner and former England number one, I also feel he will be a positive influence around the place as he seems a winner. Good signing.

A guy with a great trophy haul joins the club as a back up to the back up and he costs us nothing in fee and a small sum in wages
Seem to me to be a great deal
One has to hope, and from I've read in his interviews, that his attitude is great and his experience will help the younger lads. As all of on here know - given we all have extensive and wise experience of the game at top levels - this is a squad game too, and how the lads work together is important.

Last edited:
Not sure why anyone is talking about Gazza. He's a replacement for Vorm, younger, cheaper and a HG slot.

It doesn't make sense to get rid of Gazza and replace with an under 21 as the the under 21 doesn't count anyway to squad.

I think with the stupid schedule this year, I could see for cup matches Gazza and Hart being the in the squad and Lloris stays home as part of rotation.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...iven-a-lifeline-to-outcast-joe-hart-0snpl9gtv

"Tottenham have too many players who do not count as locally trained, which restricts their squad size, and it makes little sense to have two foreign reserve goalkeepers. Michael Vorm, the Dutchman, was released and Paulo Gazzaniga, the current number two from Argentina, is likely to be sold".

It's be interesting to see where a bid would come from. He's not good enough to be a PL first choice.

It's be interesting to see where a bid would come from. He's not good enough to be a PL first choice.

I was thinking Spain or Portugal, though questionable whether smaller clubs there could even pay a couple million. Either that or a loan to similar club to put him in the shop window

I was thinking Spain or Portugal, though questionable whether smaller clubs there could even pay a couple million. Either that or a loan to similar club to put him in the shop window

That was kinda my thinking, it is hard to see him fetching much of a fee which means that it only makes sense selling him if Mourinho really doesn't rate him.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...iven-a-lifeline-to-outcast-joe-hart-0snpl9gtv

"Tottenham have too many players who do not count as locally trained, which restricts their squad size, and it makes little sense to have two foreign reserve goalkeepers. Michael Vorm, the Dutchman, was released and Paulo Gazzaniga, the current number two from Argentina, is likely to be sold".

Absolutely correct. 3 foreign goalkeepers in a squad that is pushing the limit. About time it was changed.

Eh. Wasting energy on this signing is pointless - he'll play for a couple of games, and with any luck, not more than that.

Good to have a HG third-choice keeper in, though - and by all accounts he has a decent mentality, so it's not the worst thing in the world. Just a thoroughly unremarkable signing, which I think both we and Hart himself know.

Eh. Wasting energy on this signing is pointless - he'll play for a couple of games, and with any luck, not more than that.

Good to have a HG third-choice keeper in, though - and by all accounts he has a decent meteorology, so it's not the worst thing in the world. Just a thoroughly unremarkable signing, which I think both we and Hart himself know.
But in early and in an area of weakness in the squad as we didn’t have work to cover that area having left Vorm go
Isn’t that what people want?!?

Back