• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Joe Hart

Of course I knew the ones I just wanted to see if people were likely to mention then over the years of regression where he has been deemed surplus at three frankly poor sides!

If the good keeper line stood up people wouldn't be having to sell his inclusion into our squad as a 3rd choice.

As for the comments about Lloris earlier. Lloris is one of the best keepers in the league and has been for years
I was just randomly answering the titles question as i happened to have the page open earlier looking myself.

I’m sorry but how is this anything other than a fudging dumb question? You’ve probably pitched your side and that’s fair but you’re above this haha..

A great “ignore all points offered and say something obtuse but irrelevant for some smug last word” attempt?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

No I just don't see the coralation between the titles won 6 years ago to the player we sign today that has been in extreme downfall since.

The titles offered like it supercedes the fact he is no longer decent

I don't know about loan and recall. I think that first team football is as useful for keepers as it is anyone else, so I think that there has to come a point where we look to loan them out.

it is, youth football is rubbish and sanitised stuff.

Going on loan to a non league side would be better than sticking to just youth football

I hope they go on loan, would show we have a progression for them rather than them just training.

Who exactly were people expecting to sign as 2nd/3rd choice keeper? Hugo is clear number 1 and will play 95% of games. No idea why people are getting their knickers in a twist over Hart?

Wages, reportedly £35k for third choice keeper.
For a club under our constraints and with a rebuild needed I see absolutely no sense in that.
And I don't rate him, never have, never will.

Exactly. I’ve never heard so much fuss over the signing of a backup/3rd choice keeper. Especially one that hasn’t cost anything and is cheap wages. If it was some unknown with half Harts ability no one would have bat an eyelid.....

Erm well of course? Everyone knows about Hart and has an opinion on how good he is.

What a strange point to make

Having a third choice keeper is fine, but they should be the third best keeper in the squad, not the 27th.

The only crumb of comfort I take from this, is that is might be Jose finding a smart way to guarantee we exit both domestic cup competitions as soon as possible.

For a club under our constraints and with a rebuild needed I see absolutely no sense in that.
I saw the wages as a positive, I bet Vorm and Gazza were/are both on more than that? And he’s homegrown so not wasting a foreign space like we have been doing for 2/3 years with 2 foreign spaces for players who never play.

You can of course say he’s brick, but that can also be countered with so are Vorm and Gazza.

I’d have preferred Foster but he’d have been double the wages. Think this move makes a lot of sense.

Genuine question, why do you care that much about the wages? I could understand it if we were at risk of “doing a Leeds”, but I doubt Levy would be signing off on it if It were really that bad.

Erm well of course? Everyone knows about Hart and has an opinion on how good he is.

What a strange point to make
What’s strange? It is no different to when Chelsea acquired Rob Green for example, he might not be the keeper he once was but he’s easily good enough to fill in for a few games and if he is third choice he might not even do that. It really is not a big deal, he is free, low wages and homegrown - if this was our marquee signing then by all means make a fuss but it’s just a low key squad filler that would go unnoticed but for the fact he was a 70 plus capped England international....

I saw the wages as a positive, I bet Vorm and Gazza were/are both on more than that? And he’s homegrown so not wasting a foreign space like we have been doing for 2/3 years with 2 foreign spaces for players who never play.

You can of course say he’s brick, but that can also be countered with so are Vorm and Gazza.

I’d have preferred Foster but he’d have been double the wages. Think this move makes a lot of sense.
And I think Foster has his eyes on playing.
Hart seems to be focused on helping coach and develop youngster's.
I think people are very myopic about this - it's more about his attitude, experience and personality.

Hart has been there on the big occasions - world cups, league wins, champions league etc.
He's been brilliant is all of those.
He's also been a disaster in all of those.
That kind of experience and knowledge is exceptionally important, and something a youngster won't give.
Youngsters need game time (see Skipp).
£30k for a footballer these days isn't that high.

I genuinely think this is a good deal. It has few downsides and lots of potential upsides.

I also have a feeling this is another cog in the club vision of getting people involved in coaching from a young age and becoming part of the fabric of the club. Look at King and Sacramento.

Back