• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Coronavirus: Arsenal propose 55 redundancies amid financial struggles
"Our aim has been to protect the jobs and base salaries of our people for as long as we possibly can. Unfortunately, we have now come to the point where we are proposing 55 redundancies." - Statement

https://www.skysports.com/football/...pose-55-redundancies-amid-financial-struggles

Nicely done - a few days after winning the FA Cup and qualifying for a competition that will see them pocket at least £30 million next season.

They probably got Ozil to sign the redundancy letters.

Nicely done - a few days after winning the FA Cup and qualifying for a competition that will see them pocket at least £30 million next season.

They probably got Ozil to sign the redundancy letters.
Nah, Ozil is on gardening leave and and it might hurt his back to do it.

why can’t they make Ozil redundant though? I understood as long as it’s the role is disappearing you are within your right to do, so Goons could easily say the position of invisible man is no longer required by the club?

Last edited:
That stymies them a little more when it comes to wages for new signings/contract renewals.
If Willian really is joining them on a 3 year deal with a fat signing on fee and not insignificant wages, plus if Aubameyang signs an improved deal, they don't have much room for manoeuvre.

That stymies them a little more when it comes to wages for new signings/contract renewals.
If Willian really is joining them on a 3 year deal with a fat signing on fee and not insignificant wages, plus if Aubameyang signs an improved deal, they don't have much room for manoeuvre.
Almost £1m a week between 3 players

To be fair he did question how the wage cut would be distributed, most of the other players took a paycut and yet it didn’t stop them making 55 people redundant but will probably get Auba a payrise and Willian a 3 year deal...

I am of course biased as he’s my favourite Gooner player of all time .

:D Areteta: "I think we need to stop being the nice guys Mr Kronke. We need some real "TW4TS" in the team."

Kronke: "No probs. We'll just go back to Chelsea, they've got a veritable production line of "TW4TS". We took their biggest "TW4T" last season, we'll just get the next one on their conveyor belt!"

Arteta: "Thank you Mr Kronke! Thank you! Err......do you want me to spit or swallow?:oops:"

3 year deal for a 32 year old. Might be fine for 1 or 2 years of that but come the last year they could regret this. On top of that the current schedule for Premier league teams in Europe this season looks hectic. Could ruin a few players.

3 year deal for a 32 year old. Might be fine for 1 or 2 years of that but come the last year they could regret this. On top of that the current schedule for Premier league teams in Europe this season looks hectic. Could ruin a few players.
I would not shed a tear if Willian got ruined.

Back