• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

They should have been exempt from the lockdown and social distancing?

Work from home unless you can't was the rule. Im sure there were some social distanced tasks you could complete to keep things moving. I would see road and rail maintenence as essential work others might not

I 100 percent agree with this word for word

so what do we do?

pressure the train companies to sort themselves out? Trainlines/road workers had a nice 3 month window to do a large chunk of work - why didn’t they use it?

will companies in London that still want office workers have a limit on how far you live from the office?
I can only see a lot of companies operating a policy of people coming in one or two days a week, perhaps within teams to encourage face to face meetings. I live 20 mins from Canary Wharf, so if I’m not made to come back full time there’s little point in me paying the premium to live here without a regular commute. So I think we’ll see less people in the office, maybe more personal expenditure on the days people are in as they may ‘treat themselves’ but probably still less than they’d usually spend over 5 days. I can think of a sandwich chain that didn’t even bother opening at the weekend in CW, but if people are doing 40-60% max of their time in the office than the rents would
Have to come down accordingly to make these type of business’s viable.
I honestly can’t think of a scenario where companies like mine (massive bank) will insist on people coming back full time, the only way around it would be the if a tax was applied to homeworkers, perhaps per day spent at home or a paycut offered as part of a wfh contract and even then I’d say people with families / long commutes will take the sacrifice for the time and work life balance benefits.

This is under reported frustratingly for me. It's a key point. It shouldn't make people lax as we do not know what long term impact of having this virus is for younger folk. However it is encouraging

It’s not bad news

I’ve just switched on the news this morning and they are camped out side the factory in Northampton and they asked 3/4 people that work there do they feel safe, they all said yes and explained the set up.

you could tell from the reporters reaction that’s not the answer they wanted.

sooner they ban Facebook and Twitter the better.

fake news and scaremongering

also seems gov policy is written on the back of twitter trends

Amen to that, it worries /concerns me that there are a lot of folks who use the likes of Facebook T w a tt er as the way to think/believe. You would hope that the human race is not that thick but sadly it shows it is in a lot of cases.

Amen to that, it worries /concerns me that there are a lot of folks who use the likes of Facebook T w a tt er as the way to think/believe. You would hope that the human race is not that thick but sadly it shows it is in a lot of cases.

I binned Facebook 2/3 years ago, people sharing brick and then getting offended when you call them out on it.

Twitter is still a useful tool for news stories you may miss, but if it went I wouldn’t be too bothered

Full of idiots looking at headlines “cases rise” And crying for second lockdown without Looking into it.

It's both ways. There's people refusing to wear masks as they believe the virus is made up. All from Facebook. On the other end you have people who haven't left their homes for 4 months as they are convinced if they got out they will die and kill all of mankind. Again based on their echo chamber.

It's both ways. There's people refusing to wear masks as they believe the virus is made up. All from Facebook. On the other end you have people who haven't left their homes for 4 months as they are convinced if they got out they will die and kill all of mankind. Again based on their echo chamber.
It's such a potent tool for reaffirmations and conformation bias that polarisation happens at an alarming rate due to sides/groups forming that will think what they think and refuse to budge an inch.

And of course then the ugliness starts

yep. I agree.

I’m anti lockdown, but if masks help getting people getting back - great.

For me the mask issue is about conforming to allow consensus to build. Even if you fundamentally disagree with them but it can help keep the economy alive and is recommended by experts then just wear one.

At the same time if experts are saying reopening schools is essential to society and the economy being kick started and you want to keep your kids at home, then again I think you should conform or become permanent home schoolers.

Back