• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

Son——————kane—————-Moura
————————————————————
———-ndombele————lo Celso——
———————-høibjerg———————-

Would be my guess, perhaps with Sissoko in for Ndombele.

- Sissoko is a player Jose sees out wide (he's specifically said he doesn't see him in CM)
- Dier we won't see in CM/DM role again unless it's an emergency
- Skipp is off on loan (pretty much)
- My view is Lo Celso/N'dombele need to sit higher

Obvious answer is Winks at this point, PEH wins ball, gets it either to Winks or one of the AMs infront for us to counter ..

Would be nice to have another option that plays deeper to partner PEH

Son——————kane—————-Moura
————————————————————
———————-høibjerg———————-

I don't think we'll be playing with two at the base.

If he's decent at DM it'll be a diamond or 433.
Based on the last few games, it would be Lo Celso and Højbjerg? Ndombele would need to be a complete transformation in preseason to have any chance of featuring.

So, assuming you're asking how many times did Hojbjerg play under Per at Bayern the answer is 8 including a start in the final of the DFB Pokal, Hojbjerg was 18 at the time.

The Bayern midfield at that time had Schweinsteiger, Xabi Alonso, Lahm, Thiago, Shaqiri, Ribery, Robben, Muller and Gotze so not exactly the hardest grup to break in to for an 18 year old.

Pep / Bayern must have seen something as they awarded him a 3 year contract extension that season. He then went out on loan to Augsburg and Schalke and when he came back Pep was leaving.
y

Not all at the same time and lets be straight here 6 of those at least played more advance than DM.

Including Robben and Ribery as like for like positions is laughable, makes you seem you have a stronger point though.

My argument is he wasmt as loved as people make out, 8 starts in that oong is laughable for the Busquets of Bayern. Fact Southampton snagged him after and no other top level German side wanted such talent after his spell at Schalke?

Son——————kane—————-Moura
————————————————————
———————-høibjerg———————-

I would to see that midfield setup trialed at the very failing that Winks playing for Ndombele and Sissoko in the Arsenal starting 11 [emoji38]

y

Not all at the same time and lets be straight here 6 of those at least played more advance than DM.

Including Robben and Ribery as like for like positions is laughable, makes you seem you have a stronger point though.

My argument is he wasmt as loved as people make out, 8 starts in that oong is laughable for the Busquets of Bayern. Fact Southampton snagged him after and no other top level German side wanted such talent after his spell at Schalke?

Put the spade down old boy :rolleyes:

Interesting that he himself says he’s more of a no.8 in open matches, and seemingly more of a deep playmaker in more ‘closed’ matches:

upload_2020-8-13_13-13-37.png

So, assuming you're asking how many times did Hojbjerg play under Per at Bayern the answer is 8 including a start in the final of the DFB Pokal, Hojbjerg was 18 at the time.

The Bayern midfield at that time had Schweinsteiger, Xabi Alonso, Lahm, Thiago, Shaqiri, Ribery, Robben, Muller and Gotze so not exactly the hardest grup to break in to for an 18 year old.

Pep / Bayern must have seen something as they awarded him a 3 year contract extension that season. He then went out on loan to Augsburg and Schalke and when he came back Pep was leaving.

As if that wasn't though enough 5 days after his first start for Pep Hojbjerg's father died of cancer.

You are ok thanks, i get people saying wait and see but making up fudged excuses like comparing him to a winger or second striker is laughable

It's not a comparison to the players there but a case that if you have those players on the squad they fill out the starting lineup before an 18 year old does, the same way that with the squad we have Skipp played only 7 games for us.

As if that wasn't though enough 5 days after his first start for Pep Hojbjerg's father died of cancer.

I'd forgotten about that, that would have been tough for any 18 year old to take.

Seems like a lovely guy. Unsurprisingly he has some Germanic style. I am pleased we signed him. Because it shows that JM understands our weaknesses, and what needs addressing.

Curious to see how he deploys Hojberg and who he plays him with. As well as which positions JM upgrades now. Chances are another striker. With all other possible signings RB, LB etc contingent on us selling players and signing English replacements.

Last edited:
Back