• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

I’d love us to get in:

- GK - Foster
- RB - Castagne or Aarons (Tanganga auxiliary back up here, as well as fourth CB)
- AM - Brooks / Eze
- CF - Milik / Wilson / Deeney in that order

Out:

- Gazza
- RB - Aurier + Foyth
- LB - Rose
- AM - Lamela

That could potentially improve our HG quota no end.

Last edited:
I’d love us to get in:

- GK - Foster
- RB - Castagne or Aarons (Tanganga auxiliary back up here, as well as fourth CB)
- AM - Brooks / Eze
- CF - Milik / Wilson / Deeney in that order

Out:

- Gazza
- RB - Aurier + Foyth
- LB - Rose
- AM - Lamela

That could potentially improve our HG quota no end.

I think that we need to sign two RBs if we sell Aurier. Tanganga has done well in one game there, expecting him to play there regularly would be a real risk.

I think that we need to sign two RBs if we sell Aurier. Tanganga has done well in one game there, expecting him to play there regularly would be a real risk.
I hear you, but Liverpool manage with just one front line RB, with Gomez / Milner filling in.

I’m not sure how you sell a transfer to someone who is going to be in strong competition with their peer of a similar age profile. It might have been different if we’d managed to get Meunier and you could then position it as competition for a year or two with someone like Aarons before they take over.

We’ll see. Aarons and Tanganga is a little risky, but someone like Castagne and Tanganga, given the former’s experience over Aarons, I’d be happy with, particularly if Foyth is loitering around as 3rd choice, with Dier 4th choice in an emergency.

I hear you, but Liverpool manage with just one front line RB, with Gomez / Milner filling in.

I’m not sure how you sell a transfer to someone who is going to be in strong competition with their peer of a similar age profile. It might have been different if we’d managed to get Meunier and you could then position it as competition for a year or two with someone like Aarons before they take over.

We’ll see. Aarons and Tanganga is a little risky, but someone like Castagne and Tanganga, given the former’s experience over Aarons, I’d be happy with, particularly if Foyth is loitering around as 3rd choice, with Dier 4th choice in an emergency.

It looks likely that Foyth will be leaving too. I think that we'll be leaving ourselves light not signing a couple of RBs.

Agreed. We've sold KWP, if Aurier and Foyth go we are basically at zero.

Tanganga can cover there but i'd rather he gets minutes at CH, ditto Dier (plus i dont think Dier wants to do any filling in jobs anymore). Beyond that, if Sissoko becomes surplus to midfield duties maybe he can make a go of it?

Ideally though it would have to be 2 new faces

What about if we brought in an experienced player like Clyne on a freebid to supplement somebody like Castagne? Alternatively we could look to bring Adam Smith back from Bournemouth as cover, I doubt he’d be expensive.

At left back I’d happily see us get Lloyd Kelly from Bournemouth or Rico Henry from Brentford (I think both would be £10m+ though).

My signings of choice for the summer would be:

GK: Archer & Foster (£6m?) Saves us wasting 2 foreign player spots on back up keepers
RB: Castage + Clyne/Smith (£12m to £16m)
LB: Kelly/Henry (£10m?)
CH: Sarr or Min-Jae (£0 to £15m)
CM/AM: Eze (£16m)
CF: Watkins (£18m)

Aurier, Rose, Foyth, Gaza and Ndombele can all go to fund it. Also sorts our overseas numbers right out for a potential splurge in Jan or next summer if our financial situation changes....

What about if we bought in an experienced player like Clyne on a freebid to supplement somebody like Castagne? Alternatively we could look to bring Adam Smith back from Bournemouth as cover, I doubt he’d be expensive.

At left back I’d happily see us get Lloyd Kelly from Bournemouth or Rico Henry from Brentford (I think both would be £10m+ though).

GK: Archer & Foster (£6m?) Saves us wasting 2 foreign player spots on back up keepers

Aurier, Rose, Foyth, Gaza and Ndombele can all go to fund it. Also sorts our overseas numbers right out for a potential splurge in Jan or next summer if our financial situation changes....

I can't see us signing a left back unless Davies is sold and that seems unlikely. Mourinho has spoken very warmly about Cirkin and already had him in the match day squad. There's also Sessegnon unless we loan him out.

Who's the Sarr you have at CH?

I can't see us signing a left back unless Davies is sold and that seems unlikely. Mourinho has spoken very warmly about Cirkin and already had him in the match day squad. There's also Sessegnon unless we loan him out.

The Sarr is the chap who is on a free from a club in south of france that has just slipped my mind. 20 years old everyone is after him but he has not actually shown anything yet and might not ne better then Walcott.

What about if we bought in an experienced player like Clyne on a freebid to supplement somebody like Castagne? Alternatively we could look to bring Adam Smith back from Bournemouth as cover, I doubt he’d be expensive.

That will surely sement our mid table ambition....

Malang Sarr, 21 year old France under 21 centre half out of contract at Nice. Has played over 100 games for them already. One of the best young prospects around, think he also prefers to play on the left side of the pair and can also play left back so he would be a good fit to replace Vertonghen. I think he’d also count as under 21 for this coming season so wouldn’t take up an overseas player spot.

Malang Sarr, 21 year old France under 21 centre half out of contract at Nice. Has played over 100 games for them already. One of the best young prospects around, think he also prefers to play on the left side of the pair and can also play left back so he would be a good fit to replace Vertonghen. I think he’d also count as under 21 for this coming season so wouldn’t take up an overseas player spot.
I thought arse would be all over him to be honest but he hasn’t gone anywhere

I thought arse would be all over him to be honest but he hasn’t gone anywhere

I watch a lot of French football he has not stood out to me to be honest. Not saying he wont make it and of course he is free.

But what wages is he asking for and has he demanded he be a first team player?

A lot of these youngsters want a pathway more, if i were him i would go to Palace in a 4 year contract. If he is any good in 2 years time he would get a move to a better club.

We should be banned from buying players from France.
Am I forgetting anyone? Who was the last player that came to us direct from Ligue Une and was a success?

Scares me that so many current links are with players located there!

Edit: Hugo!

We should be banned from buying players from France.
Am I forgetting anyone? Who was the last player that came to us direct from Ligue Une and was a success?

Scares me that so many current links are with players located there!

Edit: Hugo!
It’s an easy upgrade league for the players so that step up in £££ and glamour is enticing
I agree it’s weak though
PSG walk it and never impress me which says a lot

I watch a lot of French football he has not stood out to me to be honest. Not saying he wont make it and of course he is free.

But what wages is he asking for and has he demanded he be a first team player?

A lot of these youngsters want a pathway more, if i were him i would go to Palace in a 4 year contract. If he is any good in 2 years time he would get a move to a better club.
While he may not have stood out, he also looked completely competent and that is playing in a difficult position in a decent league at the age of 19,20. That is a pretty big thing really. He still could go either way of course but I just see it as a good opportunistic signing on a free transfer in a window when it seems we have extremely depleted funds.

As you say though we have no idea on what his demands are, if Palace can afford them however then they would be well within our grasp. Path to the first team is of course another matter, while I think Toby always has to play as first choice in the big games (as both Died and Sanchez seem to look much better when playing alongside him) I don't see why he couldn't compete with Dier, Sanchez and Tanganga for a game (with Tanganga and Sara probably also offering some cover at full back).

As I said though he would more be an opportunistic type signing in a window where our funds are depleted and it would allow us to add some depth without using valuable transfer funds.

Back