• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Transfer rumours: Brooks, Silva, King, Tsimikas, Ozil, Willian - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/53716825

Premier League champions Liverpool are planning a £35m move for Wales midfielder David Brooks, 23, following Bournemouth's relegation. (Sun)

Everton, Tottenham and West Ham are all also interested in signing Brooks. (Star)

Barcelona are hoping to tempt midfielder Bernardo Silva, 25, away from Emirates Marketing Project and could offer fellow Portugal international Nelson Semedo, 26, as part of the deal. (Telegraph - subscription required)

Bournemouth striker Joshua King is a shock target for Paris St-Germain, with Italian rivals Lazio and Roma also interested in the 28-year-old Norway international. (Sun)

Burnley and New Zealand striker Chris Wood, 28, has also been offered to Lazio. (Corriere dello Sport - in Italian)

Liverpool have agreed a £11.75m fee with Olympiakos for Greece left-back Kostas Tsimikas, 24, but have yet to agree personal terms with the player. (Liverpool Echo)

But Tsimikas is expected to sign a four-year contract worth £50,000-a-week at Anfield. (Guardian)

Tsimikas' potential move to Liverpool is a blow to Leicester, who had lined him up as a replacement for Ben Chilwell, 23, should the England left-back leave to join Chelsea this summer. (Leicester Mercury)

Sheffield United are hoping to sign United States left-back Antonee Robinson from Wigan for just £1.5m after the Latics' relegation to League One was confirmed. (Sun)

Goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez, 27, has warned Arsenal he may need to leave to get more playing time in order to secure a spot in the Argentina team. (Continental, via Evening Standard)

Leeds want to make five signings for next season in the Premier League, including Slavia Prague and Romania forward Nicolae Stanciu, 27, and Chelsea's English midfielder Conor Gallagher, 20, who spent the second half of last season at Swansea. (Mail)

Colombia centre-back Yerry Mina, 25, has reaffirmed his commitment to Everton amid speculation about his future after he changed agents. (Liverpool Echo)

Arsenal are ready to pay off the £18m remaining on Germany midfielder Mesut Ozil's contract, which runs for another year, or subsidise the 31-year-old's £350,000-a-week wages if he moves to another club. (Mirror)

Brazil midfielder Willian, 32, will sign a three-year deal at Arsenal, with the option of a further 12 months, after leaving Chelsea. (Telegraph - subscription required)

Former Manchester United midfielder Angel Gomes, 19, has joined Lille but the Englishman will spend next season on loan at Portuguese side Boavista. (Guardian)

Juventus have abandoned plans to sign Jorginho, 28, from Chelsea and will instead target fellow Italy midfielder Sandro Tonali, 20, from Brescia. (La Gazzetta dello Sport, via Mail)

Liverpool are set to offer Welsh 19-year-old right-back Neco Williams a new five-year contract. (Goal)

Sevilla sports director Monchi says it will be difficult for his side to re-sign Croatia midfielder Ivan Rakitic, 32, from Barcelona this summer. (Diario de Sevilla, via Evening Standard)

Manchester United midfielder Dylan Levitt is set to be sent out on loan for next season, with the 19-year-old Welshman likely to move to a Championship club. (Manchester Evening News)

Transfer rumours: Sancho, Ramsey, Smalling, Havertz, Traore, Hendrick - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/53727766

Aaron Ramsey is not wanted by new manager Andrea Pirlo at Juventus and the 29-year-old Wales international midfielder is free to find another club. (Mirror)

Manchester United will continue their pursuit of England international winger Jadon Sancho despite Borussia Dortmund's claim the 20-year-old will remain at the club next season. (Mail)

Inter Milan have identified Manchester United defender Chris Smalling, 30, as a transfer target. (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Juventus midfielder Blaise Matuidi, 33, will join MLS side Inter Miami pending the successful completion of a medical. (Goal)

Chelsea have agreed a five-year contract with Bayer Leverkusen and Germany forward Kai Havertz but have been told the 21-year-old will cost £90m. (RMC Sport - via Sun)

Arsenal are one the brink of completing the signing of former Chelsea midfielder Willian after the 32-year-old Brazilian underwent a medical. (Standard)

Chelsea are facing competition from Lazio in the race to sign Real Madrid's Spanish defender Sergio Reguilon, 23. (DiMarzio)

Liverpool have put a £20m valuation on midfielder Harry Wilson amid interest from Leeds, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Crystal Palace and Southampton. (Mirror)

Lyon are prepared to sell former Chelsea winger Bertrand Traore this summer with Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Leicester, Everton and Crystal Palace all keen on the 24-year-old Burkina Faso international. (Sky Sports)

Emirates Marketing Project will take a fee of £8m to offload 32-year-old Argentina central defender Nicolas Otamendi this summer. (Sun)

Saudi Sportswashing Machine are set to beat AC Milan and Roma to sign Burnley's Republic of Ireland midfielder Jeff Hendrick, 28. (Guardian - via Mail)

Wolves are confident manager Nuno Espirito Santo will sign a new contract before the new Premier League season. (90Min)

Leicester City are keen on Barcelona's Portuguese winger Francisco Trincao, 20. (Fabrizio Romano - via Leicester Mercury)

Aston Villa and Crystal Palace are linked with a move for Norwich's Argentine playmaker Emiliano Buendía, 23. (HITC via Sun)

The interview with Ally Gold on youtube was interesting, basically said what we all suspect

- For a lot of clubs, the transfer targets are known, for Spurs, most people including the media know nothing and are just guessing until last minute.

Have to admit, that was a surprisingly forthright interview compared to the sorts of media-trained nothings that we usually get from footballers (Dele is the absolute worst at this).

Likeable young lad, and I hope he keeps his level-headedness and goes far in the game. Not sure there's a place for him here, mind - I've made my peace with our young academy strikers heading off to the continent to replicate Sancho's success, because, realistically, they're not getting minutes ahead of Kane.

Have to admit, that was a surprisingly forthright interview compared to the sorts of media-trained nothings that we usually get from footballers (Dele is the absolute worst at this).

Likeable young lad, and I hope he keeps his level-headedness and goes far in the game. Not sure there's a place for him here, mind - I've made my peace with our young academy strikers heading off to the continent to replicate Sancho's success, because, realistically, they're not getting minutes ahead of Kane.
Isn’t this lad a winger?
Either way he came across classy there

You don't need to get minutes ahead of him but we need to integrate some means of getting the youth players some meaningful minutes here and there otherwise they will just leave and go somewhere that does.

I honestly can't say how ready or not Parrot is but it's a shame he wasn't getting even 5 minutes at the end of PL games just to get him used to the speed of things. There is this big gap between being a promising youngster for us and ready being considered first team ready. Maybe none our guys are good enough but you do see some breakthroughs now and then when ppl get a sniff of a chance. [emoji848]

You don't need to get minutes ahead of him but we need to integrate some means of getting the youth players some meaningful minutes here and there otherwise they will just leave and go somewhere that does.

I honestly can't say how ready or not Parrot is but it's a shame he wasn't getting even 5 minutes at the end of PL games just to get him used to the speed of things. There is this big gap between being a promising youngster for us and ready being considered first team ready. Maybe none our guys are good enough but you do see some breakthroughs now and then when ppl get a sniff of a chance. [emoji848]
It’s scary how teams now seem so reluctant to bring in the kids now with the pressure of the league
In Germany it’s normal as he says in his interview and very much the case in most leagues it seems

It’s scary how teams now seem so reluctant to bring in the kids now with the pressure of the league
In Germany it’s normal as he says in his interview and very much the case in most leagues it seems

It's not teams in general - both Arsenal and Chelsea have done a lot better than we have this season, with Mount, Saka, Tomori, Abraham, Martinelli, Martinez and the rest getting serious minutes.

It's mostly just us. I'm not sure if it's because the youth crop we have now (Skipp, Parrott et al) are genuinely not as good as we think they are, or if it's just a hangover from the Poch days where we seemed to deliberately eschew giving youngsters minutes for some reason - but also kept them around instead of sending them out on loan, stunting their development enormously.

Agreed - I think Skippy's been getting those minutes you refer to further back, but I don't see why we couldn't also apply it to our forward situation - swap out Kane 5 minutes before the end, throw Parrott/somebody else on. Just to get a real sense of men's football at the top level.

It's not teams in general - both Arsenal and Chelsea have done a lot better than we have this season, with Mount, Saka, Tomori, Abraham, Martinelli, Martinez and the rest getting serious minutes.

It's mostly just us. I'm not sure if it's because the youth crop we have now (Skipp, Parrott et al) are genuinely not as good as we think they are, or if it's just a hangover from the Poch days where we seemed to deliberately eschew giving youngsters minutes for some reason - but also kept them around instead of sending them out on loan, stunting their development enormously.

Clubs losing young players to continental clubs is a trend throughout the PL, though.

Two teams with very “disparate and desperate” reasons

Chelsea with the massive youth set up finally playing some and I guarantee they play less next season Now they can buy players. And don’t forget that’s one season they have done it. They have brought in a winger who will play more than mount and a striker who will play more than Abraham. They also want a CB and to shift Tomori on loan again (personally I think he is another who can’t actually defend)

Arsenal brought in a chunk of those you mentioned for fees so to me that’s not youth development IMO (Martinez is 27 too) and again desperation kicks in when you can’t afford the players you need. They brought an average winger for £72m when they had one as good in the youth. That’s not foresight and planning, that’s reactionary and desperate IMO

I’ve heard Southampton as the model and their bringing back Harrison Reed who went on loan at Fulham from their youth set up... he is 24 or 25

clubs will use youth when they can’t buy what they want as they have no alternative. IMO Very very few do it as a strategy

wolves have a brilliant young English midfielder not getting Games because even they don’t play youth (I refer to Gibbs-White)

It’s scary actually how much talent gets no game time IMO

Two teams with very “disparate and desperate” reasons

Chelsea with the massive youth set up finally playing some and I guarantee they play less next season Now they can buy players. And don’t forget that’s one season they have done it. They have bought in a winger who will play more than mount and a striker who will play more than Abraham. They also want a CB and to shift Tomori on loan again (personally I think he is another who can’t actually defend)

Arsenal bought in a chunk of those you mentioned for fees so to me that’s not youth development IMO (Martinez is 27 too) and again desperation kicks in when you can’t afford the players you need. They bought an average winger for £72m when they had one as good in the youth. That’s not foresight and planning, that’s reactionary and desperate IMO

I’ve heard Southampton as the model and their bringing back Harrison Reed who went on loan at Fulham from their youth set up... he is 24 or 25

clubs will use youth when they can’t buy what they want as they have no alternative. IMO Very very few do it as a strategy

wolves have a brilliant young English midfielder not getting Games because even they don’t play youth (I refer to Gibbs-White)

It’s scary actually how much talent gets no game time IMO

Chelsea's model for youth players is to develop them and sell them to fund the first team. It was an attempt to make them sustainable whilst still trying to maintain spending at a similar level to the clubs at the top of the league. As you say, they've been forced to rely on them this last year, it will be interesting to see where those players are in a couple of years.

Chelsea's model for youth players is to develop them and sell them to fund the first team. It was an attempt to make them sustainable whilst still trying to maintain spending at a similar level to the clubs at the top of the league. As you say, they've been forced to rely on them this last year, it will be interesting to see where those players are in a couple of years.
Their first 11 next season will not IMO have one starter from the youth team
There is a possibility of the Scottish lad they got from rangers but they think he needs to grow a bit
mount and Abraham will be bench players
And Odoi will barely play
Reece James will be the one if any who steps up IMO

Agreed - I think Skippy's been getting those minutes you refer to further back, but I don't see why we couldn't also apply it to our forward situation - swap out Kane 5 minutes before the end, throw Parrott/somebody else on. Just to get a real sense of men's football at the top level.

Hard to judge on this past season, we were so fudging bad, even brining on regular subs often had performances drop off a cliff. The opportunity really was a couple of years ago when we would win some of those early round cup matches easily and could afford to give someone 10-20 minutes.

Unless Jose makes 4-4-2 work as an option, where we can either bring someone in alongside Kane or move one of our many AMs alongside Kane and bring the player in as an AM, loans will be the only option for real game time.

I think comparing this on an individual season is somewhat unfair as there will be a lot of variation.

We have Kane and Winks as true academy lads. One a superstar, the other one a fairly regular starter for us.

This season we have seen Tanganga perform really well, whilst Skipp has only gotten minutes here and there. For a season that's been disjointed at best that's not a terrible situation. We should aim to get more young players through imo, but for a "bad" season in that regard it's not all that bad.

Back