• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax - the second leg

Same placement twice.
In Madrid, it was around the 80th min and from behind the goal a half-chance in the same area fell to Lucas and I remember thinking he was going to put it in exactly the same place...

Same placement twice.
In Madrid, it was around the 80th min and from behind the goal a half-chance in the same area fell to Lucas and I remember thinking he was going to put it in exactly the same place...

I saw the highlights of the game for the first time ever just a couple of weeks ago. We had quite a few decent chances, and Liverpool had very very little. The one you're referring to was when he hit it straight down the middle?

No point thinking what could've been, but we really could've won that game with a bit more bite/precision at the right moments.

https://theathletic.com/1799836/

'Tottenham’s Ajax miracle: the stories you’ve never heard before'

This is a phenomenal article in the Athletic. Well, not even an article - just a series of interviews with folks who were at that game, from our backroom staff, to the players, to Tagliafico from Ajax, Darren Fletcher the commentator, the Brazilian guy who showed Lucas' goal back to him in the post-match interview, Lineker...

..the one interview that it doesn't have is with the man who made every single bit of it possible. The man who dragged us to that moment, and who hovers, unspoken, in the background of all those interviews - a giant, emotional, relentlessly positive figure.

Poch.

Other than that, it has everything. It's free until Wednesday (I think), and I'd urge everyone to read it. It's just the best possible way to re-live one of the greatest moments in 138 years of Spurs' history.

Oh, what a feeling, what a night... :)

spurs-cele.jpg

This is a phenomenal article in the Athletic. Well, not even an article - just a series of interviews with folks who were at that game, from our backroom staff, to the players, to Tagliafico from Ajax, Darren Fletcher the commentator, the Brazilian guy who showed Lucas' goal back to him in the post-match interview, Lineker...

..the one interview that it doesn't have is with the man who made every single bit of it possible. The man who dragged us to that moment, and who hovers, unspoken, in the background of all those interviews - a giant, emotional, relentlessly positive figure.

Poch.

Other than that, it has everything. It's free until Wednesday (I think), and I'd urge everyone to read it. It's just the best possible way to re-live one of the greatest moments in 138 years of Spurs' history.

spurs-cele.jpg
Thanks for posting. Hard to finish reading it while crying. What with all this COVID gonad*s, living in the US with a racist, anti-semitic dictator waiting to take full control and @Yermiyahu gone I'm fckucd for the night. I love this club so much and don't give a monkey's toss about our lack of trophies.

Thanks for posting. Hard to finish reading it while crying. What with all this COVID gonad*s, living in the US with a racist, anti-semitic dictator waiting to take full control and @Yermiyahu gone I'm fckucd for the night. I love this club so much and don't give a monkey's toss about our lack of trophies.

The arc of history may be long, but it bends toward justice, mate - always.

As a species, we've never been happier, healthier or wealthier. It just doesn't seem that way right now. But the sun will come again, as it always does, and this madness will cease.

Chin up, mate. Whatever happens, this club will still exist, through all the ups and downs. Might not have a super-stadium, might play on Hackney Marshes, but Tottenham Hotspur will always be here, it will always be your club - and you'll always be Spurs.

You're Spurs, and you know you are. :)

Levy.

Levy.

Now he will get his Levy vodoo doll out and stick a few more pins in it.;)

Poch.

spurs-cele.jpg
Wow! That was a great bit of reading! Thanks for posting!

I look back on that game with nothing but happiness. Yeah it sucks we didn’t win the thing but the goal I look back on with no fondness whatsoever no matter how many times our social media teams insist on showing it is Kane’s goal whilst masked in the NLD. Completely bottled that game at home to 10 men and was hanging on for a point at the end. Never caught Leicester after game despite having the chance to go top with a win of any kind.

I look back on that game with nothing but happiness. Yeah it sucks we didn’t win the thing but the goal I look back on with no fondness whatsoever no matter how many times our social media teams insist on showing it is Kane’s goal whilst masked in the NLD. Completely bottled that game at home to 10 men and was hanging on for a point at the end. Never caught Leicester after game despite having the chance to go top with a win of any kind.
Why bring that up in here now?

Back