• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Sissoko is almost always fit and available. He has constantly played under both Poch and Mourinho. It only takes one injury to Hojbjerg and we would be back to square one and need him so I think it’s a bit of a stretch to say there’s no need for him as the current squad stands. In short, he’s a decent squad option for the time being....

I didnt say that he wasn't always fit. However we'll need to raise cash this summer, which means shipping some out. In CM we'll have Hojbjerg, GLC, Winks, Gedson, Sissoko, Ndombele, Skipp...which is a lot of bodies.

The problem with the 'time being' view point is that given he's 31, keeping him in the squad for a year costs you say £5m in reduced transfer value. So if we're going to play him a lot then sure, keep him...but if not, and taking our supposed lack of transfer funds, cashing in on him would make sense

I didnt say that he wasn't always fit. However we'll need to raise cash this summer, which means shipping some out. In CM we'll have Hojbjerg, GLC, Winks, Gedson, Sissoko, Ndombele, Skipp...which is a lot of bodies.

The problem with the 'time being' view point is that given he's 31, keeping him in the squad for a year costs you say £5m in reduced transfer value. So if we're going to play him a lot then sure, keep him...but if not, and taking our supposed lack of transfer funds, cashing in on him would make sense
I know you didn’t say he wasn’t, I’m just stating someone who is always fit and can be relied upon is an asset. Look at that list of CMs - how can you depict from that Sissoko will be the one to go? Skipp has already been mentioned as going out on loan, Gedson is way behind in the pecking order, N’Dombele hasn’t featured for well documented reasons and IF we do need to sell to raise cash it will most likely be N’Dombele to go. Sissoko will feature plenty, as will most of them as we will have plenty of games to get through. In terms of transfer value we have more under utilised assets who could be sold....

In terms of transfer value we have more under utilised assets who could be sold....

Perhaps, though again depends on how Jose sees using players this season.

In my view, we have the players who are more than likely to leave: Foyth, KWP, CCV, Rose etc

Then we have a list of players who could be sold depending on what formation we play, who Jose wants to bring in etc. That list includes Sissoko, but also Aurier, Lamela, Moura, Ndombele, Dele, etc etc. For Sissoko, two of the big influences will be (i) whether he wants to cut our losses on Ndombele or work with him and (ii) whether Skipp stays or goes out on loan

Perhaps, though again depends on how Jose sees using players this season.

In my view, we have the players who are more than likely to leave: Foyth, KWP, CCV, Rose etc

Then we have a list of players who could be sold depending on what formation we play, who Jose wants to bring in etc. That list includes Sissoko, but also Aurier, Lamela, Moura, Ndombele, Dele, etc etc. For Sissoko, two of the big influences will be (i) whether he wants to cut our losses on Ndombele or work with him and (ii) whether Skipp stays or goes out on loan
Must be where we differ on opinion mate, I see no reason for Mourinho thinking about selling Sissoko it’s as simple as that for me. But just my opinion of course, I don’t disagree with what you have said otherwise....
https://www.football.london/tottenh...ttenham-news-mourinho-moussa-sissoko-18518947

I’d be surprised to see him sold, he can cover a number of positions and has key athleticism.

I’d be disappointed too, he’s one of my favourites, certainly the player in our squad I have the most respect for, his commitment and work rate can never be questioned, his determination to turn around a slow start and get the coaching staff and his teammates back on-side shows a first class attitude. Yes he has his limitations, but I think in every single game he’s played for us, he’s put the effort in, he’s tried 100%, and that is a very rare thing for a Spurs player.

I’d be surprised to see him sold, he can cover a number of positions and has key athleticism.

I’d be disappointed too, he’s one of my favourites, certainly the player in our squad I have the most respect for, his commitment and work rate can never be questioned, his determination to turn around a slow start and get the coaching staff and his teammates back on-side shows a first class attitude. Yes he has his limitations, but I think in every single game he’s played for us, he’s put the effort in, he’s tried 400%, and that is a very rare thing for a Spurs player.

I doubt he will be sold.

- Jose like people who give everything, and this guys does it (funny how all the Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans claimed he was lazy, the one thing he has never been)
- Pretty good injury record (matters at Spurs)
- Utility type
- We will have a lot of cup games next season.

I see Sissoko, Lucas and Lamela staying for points above, could see beyond the obvious (CCV, Rose, KWP, Amos), Foyth, Aurier, with the wildcards (if we needed to cash in ) being N'dombele and Dele

I doubt he will be sold.

- Jose like people who give everything, and this guys does it (funny how all the Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans claimed he was lazy, the one thing he has never been)
- Pretty good injury record (matters at Spurs)
- Utility type
- We will have a lot of cup games next season.

I see Sissoko, Lucas and Lamela staying for points above, could see beyond the obvious (CCV, Rose, KWP, Amos), Foyth, Aurier, with the wildcards (if we needed to cash in ) being N'dombele and Dele
There is also the point that he's unlikely to raise anything approaching a significant figure.

With all these Europa games Jose is going to need players he can trust. Sissoko falls into that category. He's not there for goals which suits him because he couldn't hit a barn door. But, he will break up play, hustle and take possession forward. I like him but in some games we do need a more rounded option. I've heard Moura touted as a potential right full back but why not Sissoko. He's quick, defensively minded, can't cross, he'll fit right in.

It's amazing though how perception rules head. Sissoko gets in team on graft and hard work, not much to question TBH. I question those with more ability unable to do same more

Could not agree more, the amount of unfair slagging this guy has received from some fans is way over the top (imo). We all know he is no world beater but he has been a important player for us over the last couple of seasons and his work rate is as good/better then some of our players.

Could not agree more, the amount of unfair slagging this guy has received from some fans is way over the top (imo). We all know he is no world beater but he has been a important player for us over the last couple of seasons and his work rate is as good/better then some of our players.

It’s a really interesting subject on the topic of confirmation bias - I have mates that slag him off to kingdom come when it feels like he has good days and bad days. I don’t know if I’m overrating him on a subconscious level as a means of defending him against criticism that feels way over the top, to me at least.

I’m probably not articulating myself very well, but I think as others have said, he’s not the best player, but not the worst either and his performances are somewhere in the middle of the comments often seen on here.

He does have bad days - he was so so bad against Palace - but I just don’t think he’s as consistently bad as many seem to feel.

It’s a really interesting subject on the topic of confirmation bias - I have mates that slag him off to kingdom come when it feels like he has good days and bad days. I don’t know if I’m overrating him on a subconscious level as a means of defending him against criticism that feels way over the top, to me at least.

I’m probably not articulating myself very well, but I think as others have said, he’s not the best player, but not the worst either and his performances are somewhere in the middle of the comments often seen on here.

He does have bad days - he was so so bad against Palace - but I just don’t think he’s as consistently bad as many seem to feel.
Palace was a game IMO not to watch ever again
I think you have the purest view that every player need to have some higher end technical skills and players who main strength is hard work and energy aren’t favoured (look at Henderson)

Good summing up to be honest and i understand your point, the main problem is that there were a section of supporters who slagged him of as soon as he signed, then he struggled in the first few games and the abuse started, but not for the first time once they had called him crap there are those who can not admit they may have been hasty.

As i have said before he is not a great player but neither is he has bad as some have said since the day he signed, what he has been is regular player for us under both Poch and Jose and i would trust their judgement over those who made their minds up as soon as he signed.

Good summing up to be honest and i understand your point, the main problem is that there were a section of supporters who slagged him of as soon as he signed, then he struggled in the first few games and the abuse started, but not for the first time once they had called him crap there are those who can not admit they may have been hasty.

As i have said before he is not a great player but neither is he has bad as some have said since the day he signed, what he has been is regular player for us under both Poch and Jose and i would trust their judgement over those who made their minds up as soon as he signed.

I largely agree with this, apart from the first few games bit, as for me, he was pretty bad for the whole of his first season here. But since then, he’s not been treated equally by many.

It’s hard as he doesn’t score or assist, and can often be very clumsy in possession, which I think colours a lot of what people think. However, the important bit for me is what he adds off the ball - I reckon the majority of fans struggle to understand that what players offer off the ball can be as important as what they do with it, given that have the ball for such a tiny % of the total game time.

He shouldn’t be above criticism - as per the Palace point above - I just don’t feel it’s ever truly balanced out by what he brings to the team.

For me it's really simple I have incredibly high standards for what I expect from a midfield player. Sissoko certainly does not match those standards, he really doesn't even come close. Likewise Winks doesn't either.

I've given him credit when it's due, it's just so rarely due that you might as well say I dont.

That is my particular bias as a former CM myself I just believe the position requires certain attributes, I will never change that opinion and the likes of Sissoko and Jenas before him I will never consider good enough.

Now sure if you want to keep finishing 6th (and notice how the quality of our football and the points totals and finishing positions decreases the more he plays) then coo. His endeavour you may consider good enough. But none not one single rival for a top 4 place would consistently play him and not one of the serious title challengers would even have him in their squad.

So bury you head in the sand, be super fans if you wish and ignore the glaring truth. He is not a good player and he is not good enough for where we want to be. Unless upper midtable is where you want to end up.

Our problem isn’t ability, it’s mentality, and his is first class.

If we got even 10% of the Sissoko performance to ability ratio from Kane (or Alli, or Son, or Eriksen when he was here) we’d win every game 25-0.

Back