• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Willian

Except they are paying about 50m a year for the next 25 years for that Pepe dude.
That still quite a scary deal IMO
The guys solid at best and may step up next season but his stats even before they brought him were driven by penalties a lot
Just seemed odd to me and not the way they used to operate
Willian fits the new way of short sided planning

Yep jam tomo
Shame I hate jam

th
Marmite man?

As you say our priority is elsewhere
That Kane alternative is vital now
Ollie Watkins at his £18m release clause seems like a perfect fit to me. He has the pace and physicality to work in a Mourinho team, seems to work hard and has good movement and decent touch. Doesn't use up an overseas player spot either.

Ollie Watkins at his £18m release clause seems like a perfect fit to me. He has the pace and physicality to work in a Mourinho team, seems to work hard and has good movement and decent touch. Doesn't use up an overseas player spot either.
Hold on...
You say that Aaron’s doesn’t look tall enough and you want Watkins to play the lead the line role ;);););)
I like Watkins but he plays IMO more like w Defoe. Good player and one I’d be happy with

Hold on...
You say that Aaron’s doesn’t look tall enough and you want Watkins to play the lead the line role ;);););)
I like Watkins but he plays IMO more like w Defoe. Good player and one I’d be happy with
I never said that Aarons didn't look tall enough, I merely questioned whether he was actually the 178 centimetres that wiki claims and some people on here seem to be taking as gospel, whereas looking at him in pictures compared to his teammates it seems very questionable. I don't really care how tall a team's fullbacks are, ours could be 5'6" or 6' for all I care, as long as they attack well, defend well, can win their physical battles and tuck in to win headers (or at least ensure that the opponent doesn't have a free one) when the ball is delivered from the other wing.

Re: Watkins, watching him in Brentford's games he looked quite powerful. I would guess he is about 5'11" or 6'. I think he could play as a number 9 in our 4-3-3 no problem.

I never said that Aarons didn't look tall enough, I merely questioned whether he was actually the 178 centimetres that wiki claims and some people on here seem to be taking as gospel, whereas looking at him in pictures compared to his teammates it seems very questionable. I don't really care how tall a team's fullbacks are, ours could be 5'6" or 6' for all I care, as long as they attack well, defend well, can win their physical battles and tuck in to win headers (or at least ensure that the opponent doesn't have a free one) when the ball is delivered from the other wing.

Re: Watkins, watching him in Brentford's games he looked quite powerful. I would guess he is about 5'11" or 6'. I think he could play as a number 9 in our 4-3-3 no problem.
I’ve seen him play off the shoulder and play that Defoe role as I call it... or the martial role
We don’t have a player like that anymore
He is 6ft by the way so not short by any means

I'm not sure you are making sense. You need to explain yourself better.
You need to look at the RB thread
We need someone with a tape measure to check the height of Max Aarons because people aren’t convinced his height on wiki is correct (yep anyone can change it)
And the convo was odd the back of comments we need a “big” right back

and Watkins is 6ft.... apparently

Back