• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

nope, the just delayed the first wave.

seeing the same situations That countries had in the first wave way back.

same will happen with NZ

I see so a wave is only a wave if it is huge. What will Brtain's second wave look like under this government then? Beggars the imagination.

I see so a wave is only a wave if it is huge. What will Brtain's second wave look like under this government then? Beggars the imagination.

You have to reach a level of serious communal infection, which they did not have.

You tell us as your convinced we are going to have one and all die.

Ha, ha, ha. You need to check out what is happening in Australia where the death rate has more than doubled in the last month or so.

Because this is their first spike/wave

Viruses by their nature kill off the weakest and most vunerable first which causes a forward stacked numbers until you protect those it is killing or it kills the majority off. Australia have blatently not protected those most vunerable because without checking the stats i doubt their death tollmis the 20_45 age range.

If its their elderly and ill that are dying of covid it folows the exact trend globaly

I find it incredible that this issue is so political now. Be happy we are flattening out and that the bastard virus may be going away. Let the data talk and follow the guidance. But we absolutely need to re-open when safe, otherwise the impact will be catastrophic, especially for the most poor people.

I find it incredible that this issue is so political now. Be happy we are flattening out and that the bastard virus may be going away. Let the data talk and follow the guidance. But we absolutely need to re-open when safe, otherwise the impact will be catastrophic, especially for the most poor people.

I would also say some risk needs to be taken now, a second lockdown would cripple the system.

Hear hear. Sadly it feels like virtually everything is political these days. Indeed the thing I find most irritating about the modern world is people's angry, close-minded, binary tribalism on what seems like every single political, social or economic issue in existence.

Last edited:

I agree, to a point. I absolutely backed a lockdown. We knew nothing about the virus, we were ill-prepared as a nation and, globally, we needed to buy time to develop therapeutic treatments and vaccines.

My only hesitancy now is that I still feel we have a PM completely unsuited to deal with the situation we find ourselves in, and we have a government which has PR as its highest priority. I think the winter will be very difficult and it will be interesting to see how it is dealt with.

Without a proper system of track and trace we could very quickly find ourselves in a terrible situation. It beggars belief that we are so far into this and we don’t yet have an effective one.

We do, though, need to keep trying to get back to something resembling normal.

Last edited:
I agree, to a point. I absolutely backed a lockdown. We knew nothing about the virus, we were ill-prepared as a nation and, globally, we needed to buy time to develop therapeutic treatments and vaccines.

My only hesitancy now is that I still feel we have a PM completely unsuited to deal with the situation we find ourselves in, and we have a government which has PR as its highest priority. I think the winter will be very difficult and it will be interesting to see how it is dealt with.

Without a proper system of track and trace we could very quickly find ourselves in a terrible situation. It beggars belief that we are so far into this and we don’t yet have an effective one.

We do, though, need to keep trying to get back to something resembling normal.

He is a fukin cretin

I think we have the right way forward now. Ingrained Social distancing, local lockdowns, masks and super sanitary public spaces allied to trust in mother nature’s own limited tolerance of covi like viruses.

The overwhelmingly sensible majority will Embrace track and trace , even if they manage it themselves, and will not wish to be a source of transmission.

So we have seen we can check the virus at every turn -there is no need to fear subsequent uncontrollable waves of infection. But the individual risk remains, so carry on washing those chris Whitty hands.

What is clearly foolhardy is to overimpose quarantine and rely on a vaccination - that’s a moonshot.

Back