• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

If you only know some English and have some family in the UK and you have been told that it is less racist than the rest of Europe then you come here. It's what people will do to give their children a future where they don't starve or suffer.

Apparently 17m of us are racist

Fair post BTW it's a sad view on the rest of Europe but that's the case and reality then so be it

The first wave spike won't happen again because like any virus the spike is killing the vunerable and weak first and quickly hence the heavy numbers early globally.

I'm no virologist but I think the second and third waves of pandemics are historically the most deadly.

We accept less than anyone else from the big European countries. I personally don't understand why people dislike the idea of people wanting to come here and be part of our society.

I personally dont dislike it, find it a bit uncouth when it is if were being honest mainly about money.

Cameron was right though. You go to the aid camps and dont allow in others any other way and you put an end to people trafficking.

The first wave spike won't happen again because like any virus the spike is killing the vunerable and weak first and quickly hence the heavy numbers early globally.

Ha, ha, ha. You need to check out what is happening in Australia where the death rate has more than doubled in the last month or so.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/herd-immunity-is-still-key-in-the-fight-against-covid-19

To know the effect of smoking, we study smokers. To know the effects of vaccines, we study those vaccinated. Similarly, to know the effects of keeping schools open during the Covid-19 pandemic, we must study the one place that kept their schools open during the height of the pandemic. That place is Sweden.

Sweden never closed day-care centres or schools for its 1.8 million children ages one to 15. Of these children, zero died from Covid-19. The total number of cases is unknown, but the reported number is 468, which is 25 per 100,000. Of these 468 children, eight were hospitalised in an intensive care unit. This means that, whether schools are open or not, children are less at risk from Covid-19 than from influenza, which kills an average of 40-50 children in England and Wales each year.

About time those workshy teachers unions got the fudge back to work and earned their money.

This is important, we cannot be complacent but we can all be hopeful it petters out.
I see this American epidemiologist is seeing indications that the herd immunity threshold could effectively be reduced to as little as 29% if mitigation measures such as social distancing continue to be followed.

What with all the questions about the accuracy of antigen swabs plus whether some people actually fight off this coronavirus with T-Cell immunity (which I gather is difficult to test for en mass) rather than antibodies, then maybe we’re heading in the right direction and this epidemic will (as you say) peter out...

Just like it’s cousin did back in 2003...

No of course it's not an invasion, but more then a few. Hundreds a day, thousands over a month. Not knowing what viruses they may or may not have picked up along the way.

It was mentioned on a news report I saw last week (I think it was the bbc, but can't recall precisely) that border staff are having to wear body armour due to the number of arrivals that are armed.

This seriously needs sorting out fast.

Ha, ha, ha. You need to check out what is happening in Australia where the death rate has more than doubled in the last month or so.

Australia didn't really have a first wave though, did it? More like a first trickle. Isn't surprising to me that an outbreak would flare up particularly badly under those circumstances.

Back