• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Define "winning".
Define "performing".
My Mum survived cancer twice with the NHS. Each time at the Royal Marsden.
If she lived in the US she'd be dead, broke and most likely both (death obviously canceling out 'broke' for her).

The German system is very good but far far closer to ours than the US.

My mum still after 30 odd years works for the NHS the issue with it is, based on her stories, the people that use it

Dawn Butler being the race baiting race card playing total bell piece again
The police did nothing wrong, she needs to be made to apologise

Dawn Butler being the race baiting race card playing total bell piece again
The police did nothing wrong, she needs to be made to apologise

I think she makes a fair point about the disproportionate stop and search of black people by the Met. She doesn't need to apologise at all IMO.

Which is worthy of uproar if that was the reason the car was stopped? Was it a race driven stop?

They won't admit they profile, will they? Just like me as an ostensibly Muslim man gets searched fully before and after almost every flight. Its profiling. I've said before I don't mind it but I have every right to question it.

They won't admit they profile, will they? Just like me as an ostensibly Muslim man gets searched fully before and after almost every flight. Its profiling. I've said before I don't mind it but I have every right to question it.

I'm with you to question every day of week

I'm just asking the reason to stop in this case if known

They made a mistake they claim. She is well within her rights to see it as profiling. And it seems the driver was black.

The problem is if not profiling and a fair mistake there will not be any apology the other way which adds fuel to flames that an MP should know better than to flame. Mistakes do happen

I'm just playing the middle man here BTW

Can you confirm where the driver was confirmed as white? as BBC and Guardian both reported the other driver was black?

So, is she still 'race baiting'?

It could be if the genuine mistake was as Met claim regarding the number plates.

If not then it's race driven but I find it hard to throw accusations like that about without concrete proof.

Last edited:
It could be if the genuine mistake was as Met claim regarding the number plates.

If not then it's race driven but I find it hard to throw accusations like that about without concrete proof.

The Met say one of the policemen made a mistake keying in the car number plate and it showed up as being registered to an address in Yorkshire. But that in itself doesn't really explain why the car was pulled over or why they ran the number plate check in the first place. It might not be commonplace for someone from Yorkshire to be driving a car in Hackney but unless the driving was erratic or there was some other reason to believe the car or the occupants were linked to criminal activity, the situation does seem suspect from the outside. We'll probably never know.

The Met say one of the policemen made a mistake keying in the car number plate and it showed up as being registered to an address in Yorkshire. But that in itself doesn't really explain why the car was pulled over or why they ran the number plate check in the first place. It might not be commonplace for someone from Yorkshire to be driving a car in Hackney but unless the driving was erratic or there was some other reason to believe the car or the occupants were linked to criminal activity, the situation does seem suspect from the outside. We'll probably never know.

Yeah but it all leads to speculation and without proof potentially labeling a potentially innocent cop racist is harsh also.

Back