• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

Shot +12 yesterday
Game is really coming together now
Hitting so many fairways, only lost one ball and a handful of brick shots
Greens were very big and very fast and I 3 putted a few times

+14 today
Tee to green was very good but my putting and chipping let me down otherwise I would have scored really well

How often do you retake a tee shot if you smosh it into the woods

Or take a free drop if you are slightly in a bush?

Genuine question, I'm not having a go

I hit soooo many shots which just sneak into the deep rough or trees or rocks and basically just give myself a bit of a cheeky help and play from there... the course is so difficult nowadays, seems like half the shots land somewhere nice and half run off into the absolute unplayable rubbish

I hit soooo many shots which just sneak into the deep rough or trees or rocks and basically just give myself a bit of a cheeky help and play from there... the course is so difficult nowadays, seems like half the shots land somewhere nice and half run off into the absolute unplayable rubbish

If playing a recreational round I will take a preferred lie but don’t take the mick. I don’t think it’s a bad thing to do, but then I don’t score my rounds unless I’m playing in a medal nowadays it’s

I watched a few youtube videos about how to hit a straight (or draw) Driver rather than a banana power fade... it only bloody works!

Hit some beautiful straight drives today, smashed it onto the green (downwind) from over 300 yards, lovely stuff!

We normally try to play properly but it's not the Ryder Cup so we are fair on each other, have the odd mulligan off the tee etc

Same here.

I can't remember the last time I kept score playing golf - I just go because it's fun. If I wanted to get good at it, itt would stop being fun.

Good for you lot. I agree, golf is a lot more fun if you allow yourself a bit of leeway rather than trying to hack it out of a gorse bush.

I always keep a note of my score versus par on each hole i.e. bogey bogey par bogey would be +1, +1, 0, +1 and then add it up at the end...

Today I got 1 birdie, a few pars, loads of bogies, a couple of +2 and (with a few cheats here and there) as usual I ended up about 15 over.

Some very poor shots over a few yards, and some flipping incredible shots across hundreds of yards.

It's a funny old game Brian.

But as I said, finally I can hit a long straight drive, which makes such a massive difference to most holes.

In fact at a few holes my new straight drive goes too far across the dog leg or brings trouble into play... hmm.

Hitting more fairways is making a huge difference to my game

Also I'm not trying to hit any hero shots under trees through little gaps, going for pins etc, playing sensibly is the way and going for the middle of the greens

Rose & Fleetwood 3 off the lead at the USPGA
You wouldn’t know that as they have not been shown once by the American TV coverage

Back