• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

If that is even remotely true, he should be kicking down the door to go on that loan (and if he isn't, it tell us something as well).

He's not going to be a starter in the next season, Davies is the LB and we have way too much AM options to carry Sessegnon.
Don't we need another (at least a back up) LB then?

I’m really hoping we don’t loan out a 30m signing to a weak league, if he tears it up at Ajax people will say he can’t do it in the prem and there’s a risk of him not settling to another style of football.

I’m hoping he lacked confidence after having his first proper injury upon joining a bigger team with different expectations, then adding in a change of manager and playing style made for a difficult first season. Even then I don’t think he ever disgraced himself, just didn’t stand out and seemed to lack any thrust when attacking.
I also think Mourinho went with a risk averse tried and tested approach where possible as we approached the business end of the season. If he really doesn’t fancy Sessegnon than a prem move, even if back to the comfort blanket of Fulham will be better for him professionally and us in terms of him preserving his value / forcing his way into Mourinho or the next managers plans. Hopefully this will be looked back on as the Bale to Birmingham moment in his career!

I’m really hoping we don’t loan out a 30m signing to a weak league, if he tears it up at Ajax people will say he can’t do it in the prem and there’s a risk of him not settling to another style of football.

I’m hoping he lacked confidence after having his first proper injury upon joining a bigger team with different expectations, then adding in a change of manager and playing style made for a difficult first season. Even then I don’t think he ever disgraced himself, just didn’t stand out and seemed to lack any thrust when attacking.
I also think Mourinho went with a risk averse tried and tested approach where possible as we approached the business end of the season. If he really doesn’t fancy Sessegnon than a prem move, even if back to the comfort blanket of Fulham will be better for him professionally and us in terms of him preserving his value / forcing his way into Mourinho or the next managers plans. Hopefully this will be looked back on as the Bale to Birmingham moment in his career!

Ajax is a little more than a weak league club, and they will be playing in CL this season (we won't), he needs playing time and in a side that is proven to develop WC talent would seem a much better option that some PL side parking the bus every week for an attacking player.

Ajax is a little more than a weak league club, and they will be playing in CL this season (we won't), he needs playing time and in a side that is proven to develop WC talent would seem a much better option that some PL side parking the bus every week for an attacking player.
Sigh. I’m not dismissing the institution that is Ajax, if the link is true that is very flattering for Sessegnon.

My question of the suitability of a loan is due to quality of the league they are in and the adjustment that may be required for a young player who hasn’t really settled after moving to us.

If Sessegnon is being seen as a left back than perhaps it is better he gets games at park the bus team, especially as I’m not sure it’s a tactic we can be a sniffy about any more.

Sigh. I’m not dismissing the institution that is Ajax, if the link is true that is very flattering for Sessegnon.

My question of the suitability of a loan is due to quality of the league they are in and the adjustment that may be required for a young player who hasn’t really settled after moving to us.

If Sessegnon is being seen as a left back than perhaps it is better he gets games at park the bus team, especially as I’m not sure it’s a tactic we can be a sniffy about any more.
It helped rose learn to play in a struggling side where he had to defend a lot

He was given chances last year, he did ok but can see why Jose went back to Davies.

I’m hoping we will see him get time this season as well

The thing I don’t get with Sess, having seen a lot of him during his time at Fulham. Although he made his breakthrough as a left back he played a lot more games as a wide left forward. Yet most people speak of him as a left back.

Will be interesting to see where he ends up. Rose started as a winger but moved back.

Back