• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

Guardiola also played him in the German cup final when he was 18 and won. I think if you know the answer of a question that you ask it makes it invalid if anything, not trying to call you out but at the end of the day you elected to zone in on a negative. Fair enough if the signing doesn't give you the horn, it's not my job to try to convince anyone otherwise and we all rate players differently.

As you say at this time in his career with the right coaching staff he could reach another level but the main thing isn't to judge him on not being Zidane, it'll be steady 7/7.5 out of 10 performances every week that'll help form something that represents a well shaped football team.

Looks like it'll be announced post weekend given that every sauce is in accordance. What other rumours can we stir up in the meantime to enable further procrastination??
I didn’t know if he was the manager who sold him
Hence why I asked

He seems to really enjoy a bit of social media interaction.

index.php

We might actually have made a signing before pre-season! Hallelujah!

He's a mid-table clogger, but you know what? He's *our* mid-table clogger. :p

Jokes aside, I don't think this is an earth-shaking signing - he's a limited player, and I don't think anyone would dispute that, even himself. But sometimes that's all we need - and, if he can curb his attacking instincts, he could be a decent defensive midfielder, and thus a fix for a position we're desperately short in. Also, by all accounts, his meteorology is excellent, and he's a leader and organizer - if nothing else, those attributes are ones we badly need.

Good start to the window. Now, on to the right-back position - if we can also get that sorted before pre-season starts, then we can relax a bit for the CB and backup ST we also need. We can also consider offloading players (Foyth, Rose, Sissoko, possibly Ndombele, etc.) then if we want to recoup the expenditure.

I agree ..

- Position we need -> check
- Apparently hasn't missed a game due to injury for two years -> check
- Got early to fit pre-season -> check
- With trade really isn't impacting our budget for additional transfers -> check

This is a brilliant non-exciting purchase.

Come on Levy, shock us with an early upgrade on RB and the backup ST, anything beyond that is pure bonus.

I had no real opinion on this guy until I listened to this interview he did during lockdown.

https://play.acast.com/s/footballramble/ramblemeets...pierre-emilehojbjerg

This is probably the most mature and intelligent interview of a current player I've heard. This guy is Spurs Captain material.

He sees himself as the "cement between the bricks".

I can see exactly why Mourinho wants him now. Didn't Mourinho say something about how Lampard was a man at 23 whereas today's players are brats. This guy has the maturity of an ex player talking about his past career and the mistakes he's made. I can see him being a top manager in 15 years.

I had no real opinion on this guy until I listened to this interview he did during lockdown.

https://play.acast.com/s/footballramble/ramblemeets...pierre-emilehojbjerg

This is probably the most mature and intelligent interview of a current player I've heard. This guy is Spurs Captain material.

He sees himself as the "cement between the bricks".

I can see exactly why Mourinho wants him now. Didn't Mourinho say something about how Lampard was a man at 23 whereas today's players are brats. This guy has the maturity of an ex player talking about his past career and the mistakes he's made. I can see him being a top manager in 15 years.
Cheers for link, will listen to full podcast later but this snippet alone sounds like just what Mourinho would want!

Has the transfer been confirmed? I will not rejoice until i see this guy in Spurs colours and even then - ish can still happen (Mikel Obi etc)

Seems more like a box to box midfielder in this video.

I liked his energy in it and desire to impose himself on the game, similar qualities to GLC even though one is a defensive midfielder and one is more attacking. He comes across as the sort of character who won't lie down and wimp out when the going gets tough. Exactly what we need

Back