• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

Sources: Tottenham readying sensational Gareth Bale offer

Tottenham are plotting a sensational loan move for Gareth Bale as they look to offer him a route out of Real Madrid.

Spurs have been regularly linked with re-signing the Welsh superstar, 31, and have explored potential deals in the last two summers without reaching an agreement.

A Tottenham source has told Football Insider the club are keeping tabs on Bale’s freeze-out at Real and may make a late-window move for him.

Any deal would be a temporary one and involve Real paying a considerable portion of Bale’s reported £600,000-a-week wages.

Spurs were in contact with Bale’s camp last summer about a possible loan return to the capital for their former attacker.

But terms could not be agreed and a free transfer was eventually brokered to Chinese side Jiangsu Suning before Real pulled the plug at the eleventh hour.

Relations have soured even further between the Spanish giants and Bale over the subsequent 12 months and he has been a bit-part figure this season.

He was left out of Real’s 24-man squad for Friday’s Champions League defeat to Emirates Marketing Project after Zinedine Zidane claimed “he preferred not to play”.

Bale has appeared indifferent in recent weeks, including pretending to be asleep as a substitute as Real went on a 10-game winning run to become Spanish champions.

Tottenham are interested in offering Bale the chance to reignite a career that has fallen flat in recent seasons.

He has won four Champions League and two Spanish titles at Real and remains the star man for the Wales national side, where his performances have remained of a high standard.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-tottenham-readying-sensational-gareth-bale-offer/

If we could do something like a 2 year loan where madrid pay 350k pw of the wages I’d be all for this and would be preferable to a callum wilson like signing.

He has a point to prove and its great commercially too.

Would explain why we have let the goon have willian and he could help us get over the line should we reach the latter stages of one (or two!) of the cup competitions next season.

We surely couldnt lose a final with mourinho in the dugout and bale on the pitch.

If we could do something like a 2 year loan where madrid pay 350k pw of the wages I’d be all for this and would be preferable to a callum wilson like signing.

He has a point to prove and its great commercially too.

Would explain why we have let the goon have willian and he could help us get over the line should we reach the latter stages of one (or two!) of the cup competitions next season.

We surely couldnt lose a final with mourinho in the dugout and bale on the pitch.

The main issue is does Bale want to even play?

Madrid are fudged and they know it, even taking 150K-200K a week of his wages off the books makes more sense than just paying the guy and media/disruption/distraction he brings.

But it comes back to that first point, does he care anymore, does he ever want to play 30-40 games a season anymore (he's fit, keeps himself in condition and trains)

The main issue is does Bale want to even play?

Madrid are fudged and they know it, even taking 150K-200K a week of his wages off the books makes more sense than just paying the guy and media/disruption/distraction he brings.

But it comes back to that first point, does he care anymore, does he ever want to play 30-40 games a season anymore (he's fit, keeps himself in condition and trains)

I guess that no one apart from those closest to him know but he was prepared to go to China last summer. I think that all he wants is for his contract to be paid up, that's not unreasonable. He's been unlucky to be caught in a battle between Zidane and their board, it was always going to be impossible for him when Zidane returned.

I guess that no one apart from those closest to him know but he was prepared to go to China last summer. I think that all he wants is for his contract to be paid up, that's not unreasonable. He's been unlucky to be caught in a battle between Zidane and their board, it was always going to be impossible for him when Zidane returned.

Agree, but I think everyone is waiting for someone else to blink .. vs. a real conversation of what is Madrid willing to do to get some part of his wages off the books

That ain't gonna happen. You don't pay £100m transfer fee and another £250m in wages and then just let him go for free.

That's why they're stuck in this brinkmanship. He's not going to play for them and they are never going to get a fee for him. If he is going to leave, they will end up paying a fair chunk of his wages. It's that or another year of golf. His best chance of leaving is probably if Zidane asks for him to be moved on.

I don’t think Bale or his agent have any pressing desire to return to Spurs, if Madrid put a package together that at a minimum means he (they) is out of pocket for a season then there will be clubs with deeper pockets who can give either more to Madrid or even top him up above the current wage.
It’s a crying shame but Barnett has made comments before about the profile of Bale being at RM and it’s hard to think that a player who is prepared to sit on the bench wouldn’t prefer to join a set up where he could make fleeting appearances and be a hero / win something rather than being tasked to help push a Europa league counter attacking team up a couple of league places and win a domestic trophy. Although that profile of club was seemingly irrelevant when the China offer came in! Maybe if Madrid insisted on it being us or nothing so less chance or him coming back to haunt them in CL, but it doesn’t seem like they have a particularly strong hand left to play.

That ain't gonna happen. You don't pay £100m transfer fee and another £250m in wages and then just let him go for free.

But all that achieves from Madrid's point of view is absolutely maximising their financial outlay on him, all for the sake of being able to say, well, we didn't let the bastard go for free...

I think Gareth is just up for screwing over Madrid as much as possible at the moment. Last Summer he was set to go to China on 1 million a week up for his wages of 600k a week. A 60% increase on his wages then Madrid stopped the deal. Now Bale just seem to think if you cost me money I’m going to cost you money.
His agent seems pretty adamant that Bale won’t go on loan. I wonder if this will play out until the final day of the transfer market at which point Madrid end up paying 90% of his wages and a loan club a small amount. Therefore Bale making Madrid pay for him screwing him over last summer.

Either that of Madrid blink and just pay him up which I can’t see happening.

I think Gareth is just up for screwing over Madrid as much as possible at the moment. Last Summer he was set to go to China on 1 million a week up for his wages of 600k a week. A 60% increase on his wages then Madrid stopped the deal. Now Bale just seem to think if you cost me money I’m going to cost you money.
His agent seems pretty adamant that Bale won’t go on loan. I wonder if this will play out until the final day of the transfer market at which point Madrid end up paying 90% of his wages and a loan club a small amount. Therefore Bale making Madrid pay for him screwing him over last summer.

Either that of Madrid blink and just pay him up which I can’t see happening.

It's a game, he has all the cards.

Madrid's squad is brick, and most of their decent players are on the wrong side of 30 now
Zidane doesn't want to use Bale, even as a rotation option (like most top managers, he's a stubborn prick)
They have treated him bad and he is not making it easy for them

It really is in their interest to get some amount of that weekly wage of their bill for the next two years, even 150K/200K less could mean a good player in squad that actually plays.

I’ll take it to another perspective,being Welsh myself,whose seen Bale play at all home games and some away too,he loves playing for his country,as he says it’s like playing with all his best mates when he comes home. The hunger is still there definitely 100%.The flag he was seen dancing with ,Wales,golf,Madrid blah blah,was joke to him that he got but not those miserable Madrid fans who got annoyed like a bunch of Karen’s..
I think this virus put a spoke in his plans,with the postponement of the Euro’s,he would have played,his part big style,Wales were suppose to play Italy in Rome,if had turned it on against them,he would have numerous Italian clubs after him,he would have left Madrid afterwards and gone to Italy on loan or if not the USA maybe,to Beckham’s mob.
Bale ambition is to play in the World Cup too,so with Qatar in 2022,he be around for a couple years still, but he knows he needs to play,he won’t sit around at Madrid and put his Wales place in jeopardy,there are Nations games coming up in September and October,England friendly too,he’ll want to play in those,then there’s the Euros next year with World Cup qualifying games thrown in too.
This man can turn games in a second,when was the last player we had like that.....oh yeah Bale a few years back,yeah it won’t be every week but he’s top top top class as Harry would say(sorry for swearing there oops!!)If a deal can be done,if we pay even half his wages,that’s only £10 million for a season,peanuts really.

Back