• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

If Trump and Corbyn have taught us all anything, it's that we cannot overestimate just how stupid the public can be.

No mate you own that evil nut job, Trump he represents your ideology, don't play the old false equivalence card to get out of gaol. I'm right on to you.

Last edited:
He speaks like a kid and is a weird person

He has along way to go to kill 2m innocent Iraqis like Bush and Blair

That's how mad the world is

Reactions: DTA
If Trump and Corbyn have taught us all anything, it's that we cannot overestimate just how stupid the public can be.

A point people don't want to aknowkedge.

Bored of even explaining it on here but it's not others problems for Corbyn to not take advantage of the recent political landscape, was all on him.....

We have Boris in large because of Corbyn being a power hungry and crap leader....

He speaks like a kid and is a weird person

He has along way to go to kill 2m innocent Iraqis like Bush and Blair

That's how mad the world is

There are lots of different estimates for casualties in the Iraq war, ranging from 100,000 to about 700,000, I believe. 2m is a new one on me. You wouldn’t just have made it up because it was a nice round number, though, surely.

There are lots of different estimates for casualties in the Iraq war, ranging from 100,000 to about 700,000, I believe. 2m is a new one on me. You wouldn’t just have made it up because it was a nice round number, though, surely.

since the Initial war close to 1.4 to 2.2 known deaths

Let's go with your low estimate of 100,000 for arguments sake....is that defendable? The fact you speak noncelently like even 100k to 700k is ok is laughable

BTW I'm not defending Trump I'm testing the waters of what is perceived ok here

If one of your neighbours was killed I would imagine, rightly so uproar. Would you then suggest an Iraqis life is worth less, bar 100,000 of them? I'm often called right wing but I suggest my view of all life's being equal is less right than a view that 100,000 lives are expendable.

Last edited:
since the Initial war close to 1.4 to 2.2 known deaths

Let's go with your low estimate of 100,000 for arguments sake....is that defendable? The fact you speak noncelently like even 100k to 700k is ok is laughable

BTW I'm not defending Trump I'm testing the waters of what is perceived ok here

If one of your neighbours was killed I would imagine, rightly so uproar. Would you then suggest an Iraqis life is worth less, bar 100,000 of them? I'm often called right wing but I suggest my view of all life's being equal is less right than a view that 100,000 lives are expendable.

Where’s your source for 2.2m? Wiki has an impeccably sourced compendium of statistics, each compiled according to very different criteria.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War

There’s nothing approaching 2.2m anywhere. I don’t want to get into a tinkling contest about who is displaying greater insouciance about Iraqi dead, but multiplying the existing casualties by way of a rhetorical flourish doesn’t do them much of a service.

You can draw a reasonable causal chain from the Iraq war to ISIS. Counterfactuals in which Saddam remained in power are pretty grim, too. Reducing the whole thing to “innocent deaths at the hands of Blair” is risible.

Where’s your source for 2.2m? Wiki has an impeccably sourced compendium of statistics, each compiled according to very different criteria.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War

There’s nothing approaching 2.2m anywhere. I don’t want to get into a tinkling contest about who is displaying greater insouciance about Iraqi dead, but multiplying the existing casualties by way of a rhetorical flourish doesn’t do them much of a service.

You can draw a reasonable causal chain from the Iraq war to ISIS. Counterfactuals in which Saddam remained in power are pretty grim, too. Reducing the whole thing to “innocent deaths at the hands of Blair” is risible.

I will grab the sources but off my head there are two credible reports from the Lancet and a report from a London institute that estimates between 600,000 and 2.2m. Also likely believed due to missing reports of people that are not followed up and registration not like western world the figures are likely worse, unregistered kids killed in northern towns of Iraq that didn't have a birth certificate let alone a follow up on their death is hardly risible

Isis being a result of the war isn't brushed off easily nor is the result if the first Gulf war where the US played sects of Islam off against each other in Iraq only to leave them to be slaughtered

If you think the last Iraq was is laughable and Blair has no questions to answer then I'm afraid that's a questionable mark on you sir, not me

Point is all leaders have questionable marks against them, I can accept that regardless of my politics can you?

I'm asking a middle ground qustion, what's acceptable leadership to you? You have drawn a line I.n the sand to say 100k lives seems ok...suppose that is collateral damage no answer needed?

Last edited:
Back