• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

Literally NOT what i've said.

He joined a club under a manager who has excelled at improving youth propects. A good fit, clearly talented but needs coaching and improvement.

He's now under a manager who at least in previous years, has not shown the same pedigree in coaching younger players through in such a way. Hence rumours of loans out of the club now circulating.

Under Poch, Spurs could bide their time with younger players because we saw several examples of improvements under him. Under Jose, we need established first teamers and cannot rely on a young player cuttiing his teeth such are the problems and unbalanced nature in the squad. ]

This is why he is now at the club at the wrong time.
Converse to that though (and I love Poch) he also held a few players back by not loaning them. KWP would probably be our first choice right back now if he had spent last season and the season before out on loan. Skipp could also be a bona-fide first team player. Foyth the same. Players who are already far too good for u19 & u23 football learn nothing from playing in those low intensity games and we learn very little about them. I think all of the young players who came on under Poch had been loaned out to get regular, real, competitive men’s football before making it in our team.... Kane, Rose, Walker, Mason, Dele. 5 players who established themselves in the first team that did do having experienced the rigours of real football elsewhere as young players before making it with us. KWP is a good example, starting to look decent for Southampton now. Imagine having him coming into this season with two plus years of first team football under his belt?

I hope Jose loans out every single one of our promising young players for at least a year as part of their development. It helps boys become men, gets then used to proper intensity games, realise that their performance has an impact on things like mortgage payments and therefore never shirk and more often than not take the right option on the pitch as well as realise how good they have it at Spurs so try to make sure they do make it here instead of slipping down the leagues.

Harry had it right with talented young players IMO, Poch, typically, did not.

Converse to that though (and I love Poch) he also held a few players back by not loaning them. KWP would probably be our first choice right back now if he had spent last season and the season before out on loan. Skipp could also be a bona-fide first team player. Foyth the same. Players who are already far too good for u19 & u23 football learn nothing from playing in those low intensity games and we learn very little about them. I think all of the young players who came on under Poch had been loaned out to get regular, real, competitive men’s football before making it in our team.... Kane, Rose, Walker, Mason, Dele. 5 players who established themselves in the first team that did do having experienced the rigours of real football elsewhere as young players before making it with us. KWP is a good example, starting to look decent for Southampton now. Imagine having him coming into this season with two plus years of first team football under his belt?

I hope Jose loans out every single one of our promising young players for at least a year as part of their development. It helps boys become men, gets then used to proper intensity games, realise that their performance has an impact on things like mortgage payments and therefore never shirk and more often than not take the right option on the pitch as well as realise how good they have it at Spurs so try to make sure they do make it here instead of slipping down the leagues.

Harry had it right with talented young players IMO, Poch, typically, did not.
And conversely Pep hasn’t loaned out Foden with the logic he is better off learning in training off him and better players

but I’ll add I do agree with you.

Poch coaching took players up a level but the learns taught they how to play the mans game

Whether a loan is good or not at this stage, i don't know.

There is a gap for him in the team/squad right NOW though. If Rose goes (likely) then an attacking full back/wing back is needed. We could bring a first choice in and loan Sess BUT if a new signing works out well not sure where that would then leave Sess , as i see Davies going nowhere as well.

It's the shy/timid/lacking in belief/confidence thing that does worry me with him.

Whether a loan is good or not at this stage, i don't know.

There is a gap for him in the team/squad right NOW though. If Rose goes (likely) then an attacking full back/wing back is needed. We could bring a first choice in and loan Sess BUT if a new signing works out well not sure where that would then leave Sess , as i see Davies going nowhere as well.

It's the shy/timid/lacking in belief/confidence thing that does worry me with him.
Do you think we should sign his brother to help with this. I’ve never seen him play but if he’s championship level he’s better than Aurier too...

I concur with the loan benefits for young players who aren’t getting match time, even more so if they are defenders as they aren’t usually brought on to change games - it was definitely the making of Rose and Walker.

I really hope he can “man up” and become the LB we are craving. Go full Ashley Cole / Danny Rose and make that transition.

we are frighteningly weak in the full back areas. Stick a peak Walker and Rose in this current team and I think we are easily top 4, it’s such an important position these days. Sessengnon could make the left flank his own with a bit of coaching/confidence I’m sure of it.

I agree
TAA feels like kinda came out of nowhere (despite pool saying they always knew) but he was a winger for most of his youth career
Sessegnon has the talent and ability, but needs the guidance now
I think him on the left and Aaron’s or another young English right back (there are quite a few now available) with pace could be bloody exciting
We would need to get a holder in (which your a big advocate of) but that could also mean Tanguy and Lo Celso playing in front of that holder which gives us a very creative midfield
The dream. [emoji1545]

I can’t see us letting him leave even on loan.

I imagine the plan is to have a solid defence first LB and RB and then a more attacking one

so you have Davies and Sess on the Left then Aarons and another on the right.

I can’t see us letting him leave even on loan.

I imagine the plan is to have a solid defence first LB and RB and then a more attacking one

so you have Davies and Sess on the Left then Aarons and another on the right.

Unless Cirkin is understudy and Sess is loaned out for experience

Have we got any insight yet into whether he wants to remain a midfielder or if anyone has suggested he would become a LB eventually? Has Jose commented on him much?

Have we got any insight yet into whether he wants to remain a midfielder or if anyone has suggested he would become a LB eventually? Has Jose commented on him much?

I have read a few different interviews where he has said he hated the bale comparisons.

Seems quite an introverted character, he has all the talent in the world and in my view could do a raheem sterling. But i think for his mental health he would ne better of focusing on left back.

I have read a few different interviews where he has said he hated the bale comparisons.

Seems quite an introverted character, he has all the talent in the world and in my view could do a raheem sterling. But i think for his mental health he would ne better of focusing on left back.
I’d hate them too if I’d had the season Sessegnon has had. On the other hand, bale didn’t start out too hot with us either. So I’d like then bale comparisons. I’m confused.

Back