• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker-Peters

Sky confirming we’re discussing a deal with Southampton for him.
Slightly disappointed really, had hoped he was going to stay. I’m partial to a bit of pure bred home grown, but also worry what we’ll get in the open market to replace him!

Maybe it’s just stab 2 at the Juan Foyth experiment and pocket the loot!

Personally. And its only my opinion. I think we are making a mistake if we let him leave. I would prefer we loan him again for another whole season than to let him go. He was looking good for Soton at the tail end of the season and we dont have a ton of money to spend on players.

Personally. And its only my opinion. I think we are making a mistake if we let him leave. I would prefer we loan him again for another whole season than to let him go. He was looking good for Soton at the tail end of the season and we dont have a ton of money to spend on players.
I'm kinda with you on that.BUT if Aurier leaves and we buy a replacement that looks like a starting XI FB (Castagne) that leaves KWP wondering when he might get a look in when at Saints hes probably thinking he's very much looking like first choice RB.
So from his point of view (and he is 23), he's probably thinking it's time to play football.

If he ends up going to Saints in the Hojbjerg swap deal, it's the best outcome for him. He needs to play.

There's potentially a damn good right back in him, and it's frustrating that we never really gave him the chance to prove it. If we have a buy-back clause for him, that would be amazing - if not, I guess all we can do is wish him well, and thank him for being a professional and a great kid.

His transfer is now confirmed as well.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2020/august/saints-move-for-walker-peters/

Good luck Kyle. I liked his enthusiasm and delight at being able to play. I wish that we'd done better by him in terms of his development and loaning him out a bit more so he'd have been in a better position to really challenge for the right back position at Spurs

Yep - its a good move for him though. PL team which has generally always played decent football. Good luck to him (apart from in 2 games per year!)

Good luck.

shame we didn’t develop him properly here, there is a player in there - but it’s time for him to move on.

Hojberg for £3m + one of our youth prospects makes fantastic sense for us right now. In another reality KWP had a solid career with us. But I think the club and you know that while he can be good, KWP probably won’t be elite level.

Will remember his ballsy cameos where he played above his ability. That was due to his outstanding attitude and mentali1y which will serve him well. Can see him moving up again from Southampton.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
Hojberg for £3m + one of our youth prospects makes fantastic sense for us right now. In another reality KWP had a solid career with us. But I think the club and you know that while he can be good, KWP probably won’t be elite level.

Will remember his ballsy cameos where he played above his ability. That was due to his outstanding attitude and mentali1y which will serve him well. Can see him moving up again from Southampton.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

This .. it's a great move for us, a youth prospect who was never going to play for us, plus 3M for a player that walks into a first team need

I wish all the best, but don't see him doing better than Southampton/mid table PL, if he works his ass off he could be at best, a "Davies" type FB, and in my opinion we need to upgrade Davies (not priority but we need better)

Back