• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Callum Wilson

We need 8 out of 25 is count 10 as we stand and 8 if Rose and KWP both leave, assuming Jack Clarke isn't shipped of somewhere.

Players under 21 don't count as part of the quota, so Clarke, Sessegnon, Skipp etc are basically freebies next season. We need eight homegrown players over 21 or our squad size is capped (7 homegrown = 24 man squad, 6=23, 5=22). Davies, Dele, Kane, and Winks are the only established homegrown first team players likely to be with us next season.

Players under 21 don't count as part of the quota, so Clarke, Sessegnon, Skipp etc are basically freebies next season. We need eight homegrown players over 21 or our squad size is capped (7 homegrown = 24 man squad, 6=23, 5=22). Davies, Dele, Kane, and Winks are the only established homegrown first team players likely to be with us next season.

Worse than i thought as i forgot about the U21 part. Also I don't think Davies counts as home grown because he spent his "youth" period in Wales.

Worse than i thought as i forgot about the U21 part. Also I don't think Davies counts as home grown because he spent his "youth" period in Wales.

I'd need to check but I think that he should be ok having spent three years prior to being 21 at Swansea. It would be a massive handicap to Welsh clubs in the English league if their own academy players didn't count as homegrown.

I'd need to check but I think that he should be ok having spent three years prior to being 21 at Swansea. It would be a massive handicap to Welsh clubs in the English league if their own academy players didn't count as homegrown.

I think Ben Davies is home grown under PL rules, but not under UEFA for European competitions?

Linked to Wilson again today. Saying we want him and he fancies us. So that means its not happening!

It’s to do with where you trained
He spent 3 years in Denmark that’s a foreign country in his development
Same as Dier living and training in Portugal

He just has to spend three years on the books of a club registered in the English league before he was 21, which I think he did with Swansea. Dier's development was all overseas.

Linked to Wilson again today. Saying we want him and he fancies us. So that means its not happening!

Well, he needs to learn from Hojberg .. makes the transfer easier .. they need him off the wage bill, think he makes sense for us, if he wants to come ..

He just has to spend three years on the books of a club registered in the English league before he was 21, which I think he did with Swansea. Dier's development was all overseas.

He was in Denmark between the ages of 8 and 11 according to Wikipedia @Bedfordspurs, Swansea after that.

Ben Davies is classed as foreign when we play in Europe

Do you know why? It must be a Welsh thing rather than a Danish thing.

(Not directed at me I know) I’ve always assumed it was the Welsh thing, because Wales (as with all the home nations) operate under their own FA, and have their own voting rights, national representation etc within UEFA.

Back