• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mourinho's Coaching Team

I wonder who is picking up the analytics and analysis work that Formosinho did.

I suspect Sacremento is. Mourinho seems to be a lot more involved in hands-on training than I would have anticipated, which probably frees up Sacremento to do what he does best - he started out as a dedicated opposition / performance analyst, after all, and he's been variously described as a prodigy at tactical analysis and transferring tactical preparation to understandable daily drills.

Also got his start with Mourinho when he sent him an (as far as I can tell) unsolicited dossier on periodisation, for which Mourinho was originally the biggest evangelist on these shores. So, he's certainly got the brain for it, and the aptitude for it.

In contrast, I suspect Ledley will do a lot more of the hands-on, man management-type work that is one responsibility of assistants - keeping Mourinho aware of team morale and any potential issues in the squad.

I suspect Sacremento is. Mourinho seems to be a lot more involved in hands-on training than I would have anticipated, which probably frees up Sacremento to do what he does best - he started out as a dedicated opposition / performance analyst, after all, and he's been variously described as a prodigy at tactical analysis and transferring tactical preparation to understandable daily drills.

Also got his start with Mourinho when he sent him an (as far as I can tell) unsolicited dossier on periodisation, for which Mourinho was originally the biggest evangelist on these shores. So, he's certainly got the brain for it, and the aptitude for it.

In contrast, I suspect Ledley will do a lot more of the hands-on, man management-type work that is one responsibility of assistants - keeping Mourinho aware of team morale and any potential issues in the squad.

That was my thinking too. It would make sense after half a year getting used to each other.

I'm surprised to see Mourinho coaching so much, it's not something that he's done for a while.

What happened to us stealing the Lille sporting director (Campos) in the summer? Seems to have gone quiet, I think we need someone like that.

I think most of the videos that get released are of warm up or cool down stuff, not the high intensity stuff that goes on.

Again, the stat "3rd worst at retaining possession" doesn't really mean anything.
It might be that Liverpool specifically throw the ball aggressively into attacking positions to pressure the opposition into clearing into touch so they can then throw it into the box where they are less likely to win it COMPARED TO a team that always just fannies around and throws it back to the centre back to roll back to the keeper.

You can't just throw out some stat like that as though it makes sense.
Probably the teams that retained possession most did bugger all with their throw ins and just rolled it back to the keeper, who then spaffed it wildly upfield for the big lad.

Back